Advertisement

Review Group Week 195 - DEADPOOL TEAM-UP #899

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 20 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:44 am

Yes, we are getting the hardcover. Msn is being all stupid again this morning and I can't remember Chip's email off the top of my head, but I will let you know what he tells me when I hear from him.

Advertisement

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:59 am

thefifthman wrote:I was defending your review and saying that you always review from the heart. What are you possessed by the spirit of Rob or Milton or something. Read the entire argument before you are mad at me! Woman!

sorry. it's that time of the month for me. :oops:

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Chubbles
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Chubbles » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:44 pm

House of J wrote:Chubbles promised we'd get a break from Marvel next week! Right? Right???

correct, no marvel or dc this week...

i'm deciding between the below:

Ghoul 1 by Steve Niles

Locke & Key Crown of Shadows 1

Walking Dead 67

Sky Dolls Factory 1

Supergod 1

Comic Book Comics 4

Modern Warfare 2 Ghost 1

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:59 pm

Chubbles wrote:correct, no marvel or dc this week...

i'm deciding between the below:

Ghoul 1 by Steve Niles

Locke & Key Crown of Shadows 1

Walking Dead 67

Sky Dolls Factory 1

Supergod 1

Comic Book Comics 4

Modern Warfare 2 Ghost 1

I will say that I don't tend to enjoy Steve Niles and Walking Dead and Locke and Key will be unfair to trade waiters (locke and key no where near as much as WD)... Sky Dolls is not really a first issue (just like Locke and Key)- and is technically Marvel :p.

I really like the idea of CBC, but am unsure how available it will be to everyone. I have no idea what Modern Warfare is so have no preference one way or the other. I do love me some ellis though and Supergod is probably the one book outside of Walking Dead that will bring high traffic.

So in conclusion, I fully support Supergod as choice.

Chubbles
Twenty-Something

Postby Chubbles » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:05 pm

thx for the feedback fifthman, i was hoping you'd chime in. Under normal circumstances i'd pick walking dead bc it's a new arc but this particular issue revolves around a character who's story has been building up and that would kill trade waiters although i have no doubt it'll get a high score.

My one trepidation about supergod is that it seems very similar to irredeemable and i don't want to nominate another clone book.

modern warfare is based on a new game coming out, i only considered it bc its david lapham.

Chubbles
Twenty-Something

Postby Chubbles » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:06 pm

how many trade waiters do we have on walking dead? If there is only one or two i'd like to make that my pick but if there are more like 5 or more than i won't pick it.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:06 pm

Chubbles wrote:how many trade waiters do we have on walking dead? If there is only one or two i'd like to make that my pick but if there are more like 5 or more than i won't pick it.

I trade-wait on Walking Dead.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:07 pm

Chubbles wrote:thx for the feedback fifthman, i was hoping you'd chime in. Under normal circumstances i'd pick walking dead bc it's a new arc but this particular issue revolves around a character who's story has been building up and that would kill trade waiters although i have no doubt it'll get a high score.

My one trepidation about supergod is that it seems very similar to irredeemable and i don't want to nominate another clone book.

modern warfare is based on a new game coming out, i only considered it bc its david lapham.

Lapham makes it intriguing, video game makes me dread it. At the end of the day it is your choice. Supergod is somewhat of a clone book, but at the same time, how many great or above average books like that have we gotten since Miracle Man?

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:08 pm

you could always open a poll in the asylum with those options and brief explanations and we could use it as a membership drive...

Potter Who
penile prisoner

Postby Potter Who » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:09 pm

starlord wrote:SHould I be reviewing from my groin?! :evil:

You mean you sometimes don't? :?

Chubbles
Twenty-Something

Postby Chubbles » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:10 pm

thefifthman wrote:Lapham makes it intriguing, video game makes me dread it. At the end of the day it is your choice. Supergod is somewhat of a clone book, but at the same time, how many great or above average books like that have we gotten since Miracle Man?

fair point...i guess i'll see how many trade waiters we have before deciding...looks like punchy is one

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:11 pm

Chubbles wrote:fair point...i guess i'll see how many trade waiters we have before deciding...looks like punchy is one

Punchy should never be a deciding factor. :wink:

Liked in: 59 posts

Postby ****** » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:14 pm

Chubbles wrote:how many trade waiters do we have on walking dead? If there is only one or two i'd like to make that my pick but if there are more like 5 or more than i won't pick it.

I trade wait it too. I think there's several of us who do.

Locke & Key would be win. The first two volumes are already out so those of us who are reading it should be caught up and new readers should be exposed to it because it's one of the top 2 or 3 books being published right now.

Chubbles
Twenty-Something

Postby Chubbles » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:16 pm

amlah6 wrote:I trade wait it too. I think there's several of us who do.

Locke & Key would be win. The first two volumes are already out so those of us who are reading it should be caught up and new readers should be exposed to it because it's one of the top 2 or 3 books being published right now.

i've never read it but have heard great things about it...so if i pick that trade waiters won't be screwed?

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:18 pm

Chubbles wrote:i've never read it but have heard great things about it...so if i pick that trade waiters won't be screwed?

depends, because volume 2 is only available in Hardcover.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand