Friday, April 27, 2018 • Morning Edition • "Brought to you by the lowest bidder!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review Group Week 195 - DEADPOOL TEAM-UP #899

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:33 pm

Punchy, the artist was okay, but he definitely needs a different colorist, I never want to see those two paired together ever again.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:34 pm

thefourthman wrote:Punchy, the artist was okay, but he definitely needs a different colorist, I never want to see those two paired together ever again.

The colours seemed fine to me.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:46 pm

Punchy wrote:The colours seemed fine to me.

the pencils/inks and colors did not belong together. It wasn't so noticeable on Deadpool, but Herc looked all fucked up cause of the colors. I think you are spot on about the art otherwise.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:00 pm

thefourthman wrote:the pencils/inks and colors did not belong together. It wasn't so noticeable on Deadpool, but Herc looked all fucked up cause of the colors. I think you are spot on about the art otherwise.

You realize your coming at punchy like he has come at you, j and others the last few weeks right?

Let the man have a differing opinion then you. :wink: :lol:

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:05 pm

doombug wrote:You realize your coming at punchy like he has come at you, j and others the last few weeks right?

Let the man have a differing opinion then you. :wink: :lol:

no I am being civil. (and rational) and I complimented his review. I am confused. This is nothing like Punchy's stupid attacks.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:10 pm

and another thing, besides your brilliant critique of "the art was okay" or some such shit, Punchy and I are the only ones that even talked about the art in a positive manner... the negative critiques being along the lines of "damn that book was ugly."

KING King Impulse

Teenage Wasteland

Postby KING King Impulse » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:10 pm

Punchy wrote:I did like how Van Lente made the fights DP and Herc have tie into their personal history and characters, throughout The Incredible Hercules, FVL and Pak have shown how back when he was a God, Herc was a bit of a prick, and how that haunts him today, and having him fight all of his kids was a creepy and effective idea.

I think that was enough of a good idea, it should have been saved for Incredible Herc. Even if Jason Aaron already did it with Fat Cobra, only for reals.

I liked Assault... by the way, I'm gonna stick with it.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:18 pm

thefourthman wrote:and another thing, besides your brilliant critique of "the art was okay" or some such shit, Punchy and I are the only ones that even talked about the art in a positive manner... the negative critiques being along the lines of "damn that book was ugly."

I didn't enjoy the art too much so I didn't say much about it. When you have Bong Dazo and Paco Medina on your other two titles and then you get this, it feels like a step down. That's pretty much exactly what i said in my review...how is this a problem?

And while your civil about it your basically saying in those two posts that you didn't like the colorist/artist together but the way it's wrote it's coming like you want punchy to do the same. :?

Calm yourself Lee. It's all good. 8)

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:18 pm

thefourthman wrote:no I am being civil. (and rational) and I complimented his review. I am confused. This is nothing like Punchy's stupid attacks.

You managed to compliment and insult me in the same post! I'm impressed.

King Impulse wrote:I think that was enough of a good idea, it should have been saved for Incredible Herc. Even if Jason Aaron already did it with Fat Cobra, only for reals.

I liked Assault... by the way, I'm gonna stick with it.

Oh yeah, they did do that in Fat Cobra didn't they? That was sweet. Cobra and Hercules should team-up.

Of course, we can agree that you liking Assault was all because of me!

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:21 pm

doombug wrote:I didn't enjoy the art too much so I didn't say much about it. When you have Bong Dazo and Paco Medina on your other two titles and then you get this, it feels like a step down. That's pretty much exactly what i said in my review...how is this a problem?

And while your civil about it your basically saying in those two posts that you didn't like the colorist/artist together but the way it's wrote it's coming like you want punchy to do the same. :?

Calm yourself Lee. It's all good. 8)

I WILL CALMLY RIP YOUR ARMS FROM THEIR SOCKETS! :lol:

KING King Impulse

Teenage Wasteland

Postby KING King Impulse » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:23 pm

Punchy wrote:Oh yeah, they did do that in Fat Cobra didn't they? That was sweet. Cobra and Hercules should team-up.

They'd play off each other well, they'd both realise the similarities but come away thinking 'Woo, glad I've not got HIS life!'

KING King Impulse

Teenage Wasteland

Postby KING King Impulse » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:24 pm

doombug wrote:When you have Bong Dazo and Paco Medina on your other two titles and then you get this, it feels like a step down.

All three are pretty bad, IMO.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:25 pm

King Impulse wrote:All three are pretty bad, IMO.

NO ONE ASKED YOU, FART KNOCKER!

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:27 pm

King Impulse wrote:They'd play off each other well, they'd both realise the similarities but come away thinking 'Woo, glad I've not got HIS life!'

Wasn't Herc part of the eating contest in Fat Cobra? It was Cobra, Herc and the Voluminous Volstagg

KING King Impulse

Teenage Wasteland

Postby KING King Impulse » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:32 pm

Punchy wrote:Wasn't Herc part of the eating contest in Fat Cobra? It was Cobra, Herc and the Voluminous Volstagg

Ugh... Volstagg.

leave a comment with facebook