Wednesday, September 26, 2018 • Morning Edition • "Where your childhood dreams don't have to die alone."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review Group Week 195 - DEADPOOL TEAM-UP #899

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

SuperginraiX

Outhouse Editor

Postby SuperginraiX » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:47 pm

Punchy wrote:The Deadpool issue of ASM is this week, we're not reviewing it.

Things don't actually have to happen when I guess on them. ;)

I'll save the sharks story for Deadpool & Nova #1, then.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:54 pm

SuperginraiX wrote:Things don't actually have to happen when I guess on them. ;)

I'll save the sharks story for Deadpool & Nova #1, then.

Don't say it! They'll actually do it.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:18 am

Respectfully Jude putting that down so many points for that alone is beyond idiotic.

But hey whatever, lets drag the score of the book down lower because of one fucking line. :roll:

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:22 am

doombug wrote:Respectfully Jude putting that down so many points for that alone is beyond idiotic.

But hey whatever, lets drag the score of the book down lower because of one fucking line. :roll:

That's exactly how I felt when I read it. I was having a good time, enjoying the book, laughing at the antics of Deadpool and Herc, who work well together, and just generally liking the book. Then I read that line and had to get pissed off, very annoyed that I paid money for something that I would absolutely not have supported if I had known about it. It ruined my reading experience, and as a result, ruins my score. It's no offense - I like Deadpool.

Postby ****** » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:26 am

:lol:

That was the only thing in that book that was actually funny.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:33 am

If comic book you were reading was great, but then at the end there was a line like "Child molesters are great you should support them," and that personally offended you, wouldn't it ruin your enjoyment of the book? One line or twenty is irrelevant. Keep that shit out of my comics.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:47 am

I'd honestly laugh pretty hard because of how I think of the jesus christ story. Wouldn't bother me at all. :wink:

(can't go into that at all because it ruins the future of one of the books i'm writing)

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:58 am

doombug wrote:I agree that it was an average comic. I gave it a higher score over all as a 7 is like an average book for me.

I don't think that it deserved a 2.5 from anyone especially for the reason you gave because you knocked down 4 points for just one stupid little line. That's not a standard review scale. that's really all that's bothering me here. :?

Listen Doomie, is Fred Van Lente holding your family captive, threatening to tickle them severely if the Review Group doesn't give this book a good score? If so, PM me and I'll change my score to 10. No comic is worth the tickling of loved ones.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:04 am

This was only $2.99, so you should only take 3 points away.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:47 am

Punchy wrote:This was only $2.99, so you should only take 3 points away.

An excellent point. Done. And I'll take one more point off the deduction to spare Doomie from having to kill himself as a matter of honor. So 4.5.

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:55 pm

Bland comic is bland.

5* out of 10*

leave a comment with facebook