Monday, December 5, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Still Kardashian free!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review Group Week 198 - IMAGE UNITED #1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:22 pm

Punchy wrote:Teen Titans I didn't even review, but I wouldn't say it was recent.


I'm just going back to the first really bad book I found that started this trend.

That list was only broken up by The Unwritten, I believe. Maybe something else too.. I forget.
User avatar

Mr_Batman

Review Grouper

Postby Mr_Batman » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:53 pm

I don't know if I will buy this because I have no experience with these characters, except a little Invincible
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:06 pm

Punchy wrote:Haunt, Ares and Punisher were all good books, Deadpool Team-Up was OK.

Teen Titans I didn't even review, but I wouldn't say it was recent.

it was in the last eight picks or so... I would say anything since your last pick is recent.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:07 pm

Mr_Batman wrote:I don't know if I will buy this because I have no experience with these characters, except a little Invincible

so, that's part of the review process as well, especially with a number 1, IS IT ACCESIBLE? If not, then it fails.
User avatar

Mr_Batman

Review Grouper

Postby Mr_Batman » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:33 pm

thefourthman wrote:so, that's part of the review process as well, especially with a number 1, IS IT ACCESIBLE? If not, then it fails.

Good point. I'll buy it then
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:48 pm

The fact that Powers #1 isn't the book this week is a travesty. Just read it. Greatness.

******

Postby ****** » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:30 pm

Chris wrote:The fact that Powers #1 isn't the book this week is a travesty. Just read it. Greatness.


I read that in hardcovers, and other than teasing fourthman with it as an option since he also reads Powers in hardcovers, it wasn't an option since Bendis/Oeming/ICON/Marvel have reached new heights of incompetence in publishing the series in that format.

If you don't want to read Image United or any other picks you deem shitty, don't. Just try not to be such a whiny bitch about it.
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:38 pm

amlah6 wrote:If you don't want to read Image United or any other picks you deem shitty, don't. Just try not to be such a whiny bitch about it.


I can't, it's in my nature. :smt102 :twisted:
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:12 pm

I know it's the nature of the review group or whatever, but I sort of get where Chris is coming from too. Sometimes it seems like a lot of opportunities to review something really interesting are passed over for personal favorites with little else to make them noteworthy.

BUT, thanks to Amlah6 we can review something possibly interesting (in a bad way) AND one of his personal favorites, I am sure.

ALSO, I've been repressing a homicidal rage all day long and maybe this book will be the breaking point.

BECAUSE the comic shop guy made fun of me for buying it, ending with "So, do you want me to draw a picture on that or something?" in a snide voice, because I bought the blank cover. I told him it was the least ugly of all the choices.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:16 pm

House of J wrote:I know it's the nature of the review group or whatever, but I sort of get where Chris is coming from too. Sometimes it seems like a lot of opportunities to review something really interesting are passed over for personal favorites with little else to make them noteworthy.

BUT, thanks to Amlah6 we can review something possibly interesting (in a bad way) AND one of his personal favorites, I am sure.

ALSO, I've been repressing a homicidal rage all day long and maybe this book will be the breaking point.

BECAUSE the comic shop guy made fun of me for buying it, ending with "So, do you want me to draw a picture on that or something?" in a snide voice, because I bought the blank cover. I told him it was the least ugly of all the choices.

really, I wish I lived in your town, that fucker deserves not to have books the week after christmas.
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:23 pm

thefourthman wrote:really, I wish I lived in your town, that fucker deserves not to have books the week after christmas.


After I insulted the book worse, he was all like "ah, touche!"

Or actually I think he said "ouch!"

Then I told him it wasn't for me, it was for an old friend from high school who accidentally shot himself in the head with a nail-gun and hasn't been right since.

Image
User avatar

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:37 pm

Dragavon wrote:Nice job amlah, this might be the review with the least amount of reviewers. :lol:


I'll review it. It's what the group is about. Who do you think I am, Punchy?
User avatar

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:40 pm

Punchy wrote:Teen Titans I didn't even review, but I wouldn't say it was recent.


yeah, and I would love to not review your next choice except I don't want to ruin my streak... even if it is going to be another Millar spew fest. :roll:
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:41 pm

House of J wrote:I know it's the nature of the review group or whatever, but I sort of get where Chris is coming from too. Sometimes it seems like a lot of opportunities to review something really interesting are passed over for personal favorites with little else to make them noteworthy.

BUT, thanks to Amlah6 we can review something possibly interesting (in a bad way) AND one of his personal favorites, I am sure.

ALSO, I've been repressing a homicidal rage all day long and maybe this book will be the breaking point.

BECAUSE the comic shop guy made fun of me for buying it, ending with "So, do you want me to draw a picture on that or something?" in a snide voice, because I bought the blank cover. I told him it was the least ugly of all the choices.


Who are you (or anyone else, this is a general you) to decide what is 'really interesting'? To some people, Image United is an interesting choice, I've mentioned how this is such an art-driven book, compared to the regular stuff. We all have different views on what constitutes a good pick, and that's what makes the RG a good thing. It would get dull if you were just reviewing things you liked every week. It's good to expose yourself to something you would not have bought have otherwise, and maybe surprise yourself. Or maybe you'll hate it as much as you thought you would, and then it's fun to vent.

There's nothing stopping anyone from reviewing Powers #1 for the front page of the site and of course, you could just not review Image United.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:42 pm

starlord wrote:yeah, and I would love to not review your next choice except I don't want to ruin my streak... even if it is going to be another Millar spew fest. :roll:


Unless Kick-Ass #8 comes out on my week, it won't be Millar.

Don't take the lack of TT review personally, it's not a slight against you, just against Teen Titans.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: sdsichero and 80 guests