Advertisement

Review Group Week 198 - IMAGE UNITED #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 235 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:32 am

House of J wrote::wackoff

Just kidding, sucks about the computer, are they just wiping everything?

I don't know.

The virus I had replicated itself with every virus scan I ran. Avast took one night to do a boot scan and another night to run a hard drive scan. By the time it was done, the god damned thing had infected like 100 files on the computer. At that point it had gotten to a stage where I could no longer down load anything.

Amlah pointed me to the articles on the registry files and removal of the odd one. The search for the first file took an hour and did not turn up a file that was on my computer. At that point I said fuck it.

I went to do a restore. I used the VAIO recovery wizard and got through the first step only to be told by the computer that it could not find a recovery partition, it then told me to restart the computer. I did. Then I came to the improper windows shut down screen. I could not get past that screen. My recovery disc turned out to be fucked up and not bootable. The boot menu on the Vaio was completely and utterly useless.

Packed it up and sent it to my dad's IT guy. I don't know what he can do but wipe the computer which sucks cause if the recovery disc is truly fucked up, then I am fucked as I have no original software discs cause it was a fucking package deal from Best Buy. I figure worst comes to worse, I take it to Best Buy and let them fix it since they didn't want to give me original software so that I could handle this myself --- fucking assholes. If I had a windows cd, I could have fixed it myself.
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead, Wonder Woman

Advertisement

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:34 am

I should have taken before and after pictures. I worked very hard (physically) for 9 hours yesterday.
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead, Wonder Woman

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 124 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:35 am

thefourthman wrote:I don't know.

The virus I had replicated itself with every virus scan I ran. Avast took one night to do a boot scan and another night to run a hard drive scan. By the time it was done, the god damned thing had infected like 100 files on the computer. At that point it had gotten to a stage where I could no longer down load anything.

Amlah pointed me to the articles on the registry files and removal of the odd one. The search for the first file took an hour and did not turn up a file that was on my computer. At that point I said fuck it.

I went to do a restore. I used the VAIO recovery wizard and got through the first step only to be told by the computer that it could not find a recovery partition, it then told me to restart the computer. I did. Then I came to the improper windows shut down screen. I could not get past that screen. My recovery disc turned out to be fucked up and not bootable. The boot menu on the Vaio was completely and utterly useless.

Packed it up and sent it to my dad's IT guy. I don't know what he can do but wipe the computer which sucks cause if the recovery disc is truly fucked up, then I am fucked as I have no original software discs cause it was a fucking package deal from Best Buy. I figure worst comes to worse, I take it to Best Buy and let them fix it since they didn't want to give me original software so that I could handle this myself --- fucking assholes. If I had a windows cd, I could have fixed it myself.

Oh, the Best Buy VAIO package--I got the same thing, and I didn't get proper restore discs until my hard-drive died and they sent the whole thing back to Sony. Best Buy is really pricey for repairs unless you're still under warranty.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 124 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:36 am

thefourthman wrote:I should have taken before and after pictures. I worked very hard (physically) for 9 hours yesterday.

Was it good for the soul?

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby ****** » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:36 am

Best Buy doesn't give you your OS disk when you buy a computer? That's fucked up. :?

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:37 am

House of J wrote:Oh, the Best Buy VAIO package--I got the same thing, and I didn't get proper restore discs until my hard-drive died and they sent the whole thing back to Sony. Best Buy is really pricey for repairs unless you're still under warranty.

probably not under warranty, it is old... but if the it guy can't fix it, I am gonna go in there storming mad asking them what kind of fucked up operation they run, where they don't provide the fucking software to the customer. I'll fucking have people stopping transactions and shit until they upgrade me to seven and give me ms works for free. :twisted:

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:38 am

House of J wrote:Was it good for the soul?

kind of, I was almost motivated to work some more this morning instead of dick around online.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:40 am

amlah6 wrote:Best Buy doesn't give you your OS disk when you buy a computer? That's fucked up. :?

I know, right. I have everything that came with the computer together in a folder, no fucking os disc. hell I have the os disc from the last computer and a proper ass fucking restore disc. If I had anything besides a fucking ME copy of windows laying around I would have just started from scratch on this son of a bitch, but I'd as soon run Vista again than fucking go through the hell that was ME.

Old Man
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Old Man » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:40 pm

Kerny wrote:I may have to raise my score on this, it went for 12.25 on my ebay :-D

I may have to buy multiple copies from my LCS. :-D
I was perfectly content before I was born.

Old Man
cheese

Postby Old Man » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:42 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:The sell out press releases are liberal media flies.

That's a falsehood -- there are no liberal flies. ;-)

Old Man
cheese

Postby Old Man » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:47 pm

Appropriate that this is green in keeping with the Christmas spirit.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:50 pm

Oh yeah, and to be clear, a press release of a sell out from Image just means that Diamond has ordered all the copies that Image had. Some times they announce that Diamond has sold out, I didn't read the press release, but there is a subtle difference.

Of course, I have a crap ton of these.

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Formerly: Doc Spider

Postby Doc Jon » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:48 pm

House of J wrote:The cover price? $3.99 each for the 6 covers including the blankie.

I'd sell you mine but it was gone overnight on feebay.

A set of six closed the other night at $17, and most of the covers are closing at cover price or less. The Jim Lee and the Blankie seem to be the exceptions (and of course the obligatory sketch covers, which are going for around $100!).

Eh. Not worth it.

HJJOUNB SAWLWEN HATES MEO!!!! -Royal

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 411 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:35 am

so does this book still scrape the bottom of the barrel?
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

stingerman
Birdman

Postby stingerman » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:18 pm

Holy cloned Spider-Men, you guys didn't like this issue, lol!

I thought it was pretty good, if anything it was entertaining. I did grow up with Image and with Image United definitely didn't expect this to be the next Watchmen.

I thought it was cool seeing each creator's characters and art next to each other. It was fun for me to compare Liefeld and Larsen's, McFarlane and Silvestri etc.

The two page contribution that McFarlane did with Spawn was frickin' great and made the book for me! However, the Larsen page that followed was absolutely horrible, lol!

Regarding Kirkman's writing, in Kirkman I trust, as we just saw with Haunt - imo, issues one and two were pretty average/bad, however issue three was frickin' great!

So I will be sticking around if just for the fact that Kirkman is writing (as I did with Haunt and its paid off). Nowadays, I think its easy for some just to attack the image creators and dismiss them all together. This book did bring back some good memories for me. True the early Image stuff wasn't the best but as I said it was entertaining stuff and that alone was worth it for me. ;)

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand