Advertisement

Review Group Week 199 - JONAH HEX #50

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34490
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 93 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: This guy, right?


Postby Punchy » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:39 pm

doombug wrote:Translation: I'm going to take my ball home and never play with you again because obviously when I'm fucking wrong on the topic I brought up it means no one ever takes my opinion seriously. :roll:


Isn't that what Lee already did?

I'll be back tomorrow if this argument is still going.

Advertisement

doombug
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 13367
Likes: 571 posts
Liked in: 207 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:48 pm
Location: Holden, Ma


Postby doombug » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:39 pm

Punchy wrote:Vice versa.


No Punchy, not Vice Versa because while you may claim we are being indignant at the argument at hand, you are the very definition of the word wrong. That's why I want to stop this argument because your just not getting what we are explaining through that thick skull of yours.

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34490
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 93 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: This guy, right?


Postby Punchy » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:40 pm

doombug wrote:No Punchy, not Vice Versa because while you may claim we are being indignant at the argument at hand, you are the very definition of the word wrong. That's why I want to stop this argument because your just not getting what we are explaining through that thick skull of yours.


How can I be wrong when it's my own opinion?

I never said it was definitively a superhero story, because the genre of 'superhero' is very elastic and malleable.

doombug
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 13367
Likes: 571 posts
Liked in: 207 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:48 pm
Location: Holden, Ma


Postby doombug » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:41 pm

Punchy wrote:Isn't that what Lee already did?

I'll be back tomorrow if this argument is still going.


No, Lee's internet is shit at home. And he was actually right in the argument at hand because he knows and understands pulps and has actually read a shot ton of the original Will Eisner Spirit material.

So he's actually pretty damn well versed in this argument.

As opposed to you who can't seem to understand the difference between pulp and capes,

doombug
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 13367
Likes: 571 posts
Liked in: 207 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:48 pm
Location: Holden, Ma


Postby doombug » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:43 pm

Punchy wrote:How can I be wrong when it's my own opinion?

I never said it was definitively a superhero story,
because the genre of 'superhero' is very elastic and malleable.


And now your backtracking? Really man, just walk away from the thread. :?

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Postby Victorian Squid » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:49 pm

Image

john lewis hawk
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 30100
Likes: 16 posts
Liked in: 422 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Southern California
Title: not here


Postby john lewis hawk » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:52 pm

doombug wrote:And now your backtracking? Really man, just walk away from the thread. :?
At this point, both of you are arguing just for the sake of arguing. Both of you don't give a damn whether you sway someone's opinion. It's a battle of egos and both of you are losing.

doombug
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 13367
Likes: 571 posts
Liked in: 207 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:48 pm
Location: Holden, Ma


Postby doombug » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:55 pm

john lewis hawk wrote:At this point, both of you are arguing just for the sake of arguing. Both of you don't give a damn whether you sway someone's opinion. It's a battle of egos and both of you are losing.


He doesn't understand both what Lee and I were saying and Lee hit it right on the mark with his last two posts. But believe whatever you want to believe. :wink:

john lewis hawk
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 30100
Likes: 16 posts
Liked in: 422 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Southern California
Title: not here


Postby john lewis hawk » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:57 pm

doombug wrote:He doesn't understand both what Lee and I were saying and Lee hit it right on the mark with his last two posts. But believe whatever you want to believe. :wink:
then why continue arguing with him?

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Postby Victorian Squid » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:04 pm

john lewis hawk wrote:then why continue arguing with him?


There can be only one.

doombug
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 13367
Likes: 571 posts
Liked in: 207 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:48 pm
Location: Holden, Ma


Postby doombug » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:07 pm

House of J wrote:There can be only one.


I am forever! :lol:

Stephen Day
User avatar
Wrasslin' Fan
 
Posts: 35751
Likes: 644 posts
Liked in: 411 posts
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:46 pm
Location: Canada
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja


Postby Stephen Day » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:08 pm

House of J wrote:There can be only one.


Only one what though? :P
Image

Thank you Troy for the sig

Starlord
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 35129
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: Michigan


Postby Starlord » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:09 pm

so did I miss anything?
Image

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Postby Victorian Squid » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:13 pm

starlord wrote:so did I miss anything?


We had a slight weapons malfunction, but, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. ...

/han solo'd

doombug
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 13367
Likes: 571 posts
Liked in: 207 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:48 pm
Location: Holden, Ma


Postby doombug » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:20 pm

House of J wrote:We had a slight weapons malfunction, but, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. ...

/han solo'd


That beats my aqua teen hunger force joke. By like a lot.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TimDrake'sDumbWings and 68 guests

Advertisement