Advertisement

Review Group Week 199 - JONAH HEX #50

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Old Man
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Old Man » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:47 pm

Punchy wrote:So it's Invincible Iron Man #21?

We will be doing the current issue, but I think you should review the first 20 issues. Start with a plot synopsis for each issue. Then detailed breakdowns of the plot and overall themes of the series. After that, discuss the quality of the art, comparing it to how the storytelling would be different using three other artists of your choice. Finally, detail how it relates to events happening around the world today, and how the book will affect the future of the human race.

Then on the second day, you can review #21. ;-)
I was perfectly content before I was born.

Advertisement

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:57 pm

Old Man wrote:if not, perhaps I'll dream of Punchy)

Lucky for you he's legal.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 6 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:05 pm

I haven't read a single issue of of Invincible Iron Man, I'm looking forward to it.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:07 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:I haven't read a single issue of of Invincible Iron Man, I'm looking forward to it.

You should check out the trades. Great book. He made me like Iron Man.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:10 pm

Old Man wrote:We will be doing the current issue, but I think you should review the first 20 issues. Start with a plot synopsis for each issue. Then detailed breakdowns of the plot and overall themes of the series. After that, discuss the quality of the art, comparing it to how the storytelling would be different using three other artists of your choice. Finally, detail how it relates to events happening around the world today, and how the book will affect the future of the human race.

Then on the second day, you can review #21. ;-)

No thanks.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 6 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:11 pm

Chris wrote:You should check out the trades. Great book. He made me like Iron Man.

I have yet to read a fraction book that has been enjoyable but, I'm willing to give this a try.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Postby ****** » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:15 pm

Old Man wrote:I decided to go with a mundane choice. Marvel gets our money this week.

Invincible Iron Man...

[center]Image
Invincible Iron Man #21
as selected by Old Man[/center]
WRITER: Matt Fraction
PENCILS: Salvador Larroca

THE STORY: Tony's closest friends and lovers have gathered to try and help the man rebuild his shattered consciousness, body, life and legacy...but when Tony gets the call, does he WANT to come back? CAN he...even with Dr. Strange, Master of the Mystic Arts, bridging the gap between the two worlds? And you didn't think the bad guys were going to just sit back and let Tony rest and recuperate, did you? Rated A …$2.99

Postby ****** » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:17 pm

Chris wrote:You should check out the trades. Great book. He made me like Iron Man.

You just liked it because Larroca photo-referenced Josh Holloway for Tony during the first two arcs. :P

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:20 pm

amlah6 wrote:You just liked it because Larroca photo-referenced Josh Holloway for Tony during the first two arcs. :P

LOL, no, but I did laugh when I first saw it..

I've just never been an Iron Man fan. I thought the most interesting he'd ever been was during Civil War when he was made to look like a fucking dick, and it seemed for a while that he may turn into more of a Norman Osborn like character than a hero.. but they didn't follow through with that, and kept him a hero.

But Fraction's book made me actually like the guy.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:27 pm

Punchy wrote:No thanks.

You, my friend, are dryer than the driest wine. :lol:

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:25 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:I have yet to read a fraction book that has been enjoyable but, I'm willing to give this a try.

I gave 5 Fists of Science a try, it was ok but not superb. I actually didn't like his characterization of Sam Clemens.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:26 pm

starlord wrote:You, my friend, are dryer than the driest wine. :lol:

I never understood how wine could be dry, it's a fucking liquid! :P

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:02 pm

Well, the #50 1:10 variant is selling well, and the regular Cooke cover is selling briskly on eBay UK only.

So rather than attempt to flip it for a biscuit, if anyone who hasn't insulted me in at least 3 review threads really wants to review this but couldn't find a copy I'll send it off to the first address with an US zipcode I get. You should get it in a few days, in time for a slightly late review.
Last edited by Victorian Squid on Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

john lewis hawk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Title: not here

Postby john lewis hawk » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:04 pm

That Iron Man cover rules.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:07 pm

john lewis hawk wrote:That Iron Man cover rules.

The whole run of those covers does, anyone who buys the more traditional covers is a philistine!

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand