Friday, July 1, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Blacklisted since 2012."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review Group Week 199 - JONAH HEX #50

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Old Man

cheese

Postby Old Man » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:47 pm

Punchy wrote:So it's Invincible Iron Man #21?


We will be doing the current issue, but I think you should review the first 20 issues. Start with a plot synopsis for each issue. Then detailed breakdowns of the plot and overall themes of the series. After that, discuss the quality of the art, comparing it to how the storytelling would be different using three other artists of your choice. Finally, detail how it relates to events happening around the world today, and how the book will affect the future of the human race.

Then on the second day, you can review #21. ;-)
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:57 pm

Old Man wrote:if not, perhaps I'll dream of Punchy)


Lucky for you he's legal.
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:05 pm

I haven't read a single issue of of Invincible Iron Man, I'm looking forward to it.
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:07 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:I haven't read a single issue of of Invincible Iron Man, I'm looking forward to it.


You should check out the trades. Great book. He made me like Iron Man.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:10 pm

Old Man wrote:We will be doing the current issue, but I think you should review the first 20 issues. Start with a plot synopsis for each issue. Then detailed breakdowns of the plot and overall themes of the series. After that, discuss the quality of the art, comparing it to how the storytelling would be different using three other artists of your choice. Finally, detail how it relates to events happening around the world today, and how the book will affect the future of the human race.

Then on the second day, you can review #21. ;-)


No thanks.
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:11 pm

Chris wrote:You should check out the trades. Great book. He made me like Iron Man.


I have yet to read a fraction book that has been enjoyable but, I'm willing to give this a try.

******

Postby ****** » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:15 pm

Old Man wrote:I decided to go with a mundane choice. Marvel gets our money this week.

Invincible Iron Man...


[center]Image
Invincible Iron Man #21
as selected by Old Man[/center]
WRITER: Matt Fraction
PENCILS: Salvador Larroca

THE STORY: Tony's closest friends and lovers have gathered to try and help the man rebuild his shattered consciousness, body, life and legacy...but when Tony gets the call, does he WANT to come back? CAN he...even with Dr. Strange, Master of the Mystic Arts, bridging the gap between the two worlds? And you didn't think the bad guys were going to just sit back and let Tony rest and recuperate, did you? Rated A …$2.99

******

Postby ****** » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:17 pm

Chris wrote:You should check out the trades. Great book. He made me like Iron Man.


You just liked it because Larroca photo-referenced Josh Holloway for Tony during the first two arcs. :P
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:20 pm

amlah6 wrote:You just liked it because Larroca photo-referenced Josh Holloway for Tony during the first two arcs. :P


LOL, no, but I did laugh when I first saw it..

I've just never been an Iron Man fan. I thought the most interesting he'd ever been was during Civil War when he was made to look like a fucking dick, and it seemed for a while that he may turn into more of a Norman Osborn like character than a hero.. but they didn't follow through with that, and kept him a hero.

But Fraction's book made me actually like the guy.
User avatar

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:27 pm

Punchy wrote:No thanks.


You, my friend, are dryer than the driest wine. :lol:
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:25 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:I have yet to read a fraction book that has been enjoyable but, I'm willing to give this a try.


I gave 5 Fists of Science a try, it was ok but not superb. I actually didn't like his characterization of Sam Clemens.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:26 pm

starlord wrote:You, my friend, are dryer than the driest wine. :lol:


I never understood how wine could be dry, it's a fucking liquid! :P
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:02 pm

Well, the #50 1:10 variant is selling well, and the regular Cooke cover is selling briskly on eBay UK only.

So rather than attempt to flip it for a biscuit, if anyone who hasn't insulted me in at least 3 review threads really wants to review this but couldn't find a copy I'll send it off to the first address with an US zipcode I get. You should get it in a few days, in time for a slightly late review.
User avatar

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:04 pm

That Iron Man cover rules.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:07 pm

john lewis hawk wrote:That Iron Man cover rules.


The whole run of those covers does, anyone who buys the more traditional covers is a philistine!

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Flamebird, Punchy and 80 guests