Advertisement

Review Group Week 200 - INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #21

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:47 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:That wasn't bad. Is the rest of IIM like this? Maybe Fraction has finally written something I'll check out further. I actually found this issue kind of touching. There was a real emotion to it between Pepper breaking down and tony sort of calling on all his old friends to not just save him but also bring them together. I'm sure it would be nice if marvel got their shit together so they wouldn't be spoiling books since last we checked on rhodey he was mostly robot and well steve was dead so there is that. The art was alright I didn't think it was anything special but it was also not a distraction from the story which like I said was sort of heartfelt. I liked this issue

War Machine got un-roboted in War Machine #12 which came out this week.

Advertisement

Liked in: 59 posts

Postby ****** » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:59 pm

thefourthman wrote:It will be Walt Disney Comics and Stories #701, if anyone has a hard time finding it, pm me.

[center]Image
Walt Disney Comics and Stories #701
as selected by thefourthman[/center]
Writer(s): Riccardo Secchi
Artist(s): Stefano Turconi
Featuring a brand new team of super-heroes culled from Disney's Mickey and Donald universe! Come adventure with The Duck Avenger, Super Goofy, and the main man Mickey himself, as they take on the Phantom Blot and his nefarious group of ne'r do wells! At stake…nothing less than the riches in Scrooge McDuck’s Money Bin!

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 53 posts

Postby doombug » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:01 pm

What they can't bring in Launch pad, Darkwing and the robot dude? :?

I'd be all for it if they used the heroes from the cartoons.

KING King Impulse
Teenage Wasteland

Liked in: 0 post
Title: The Prodigal Son
Formerly: King Impulse

Postby KING King Impulse » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:04 pm

Off topic, but Amlah... oh my god... Phonogram 2.6... oh my god.

Soooo good.
THE ENTHUSIAST: The Internet's Premier Hate Free Zone!

| Website | Twitter | Facebook |

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:10 pm

King Impulse wrote:Off topic, but Amlah... oh my god... Phonogram 2.6... oh my god.

Soooo good.

It was OK, I don't get the love for Dexy's or Los Campesinos! but I did like how it expanded on Lloyd and his feelings about Penny and Laura.

KING King Impulse
Teenage Wasteland

Postby KING King Impulse » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:32 pm

Punchy wrote:It was OK, I don't get the love for Dexy's or Los Campesinos! but I did like how it expanded on Lloyd and his feelings about Penny and Laura.

It was my favourite of the lot, but probably due to my LC! love.

Like Kohl said "They're never going to be big big. But they're going to be big to some people."

Postby ****** » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:44 pm

King Impulse wrote:Off topic, but Amlah... oh my god... Phonogram 2.6... oh my god.

Soooo good.

Mail order. I won't have it until next month.

I just read 2.5 last week. I've listened to pretty much nothing but The Long Blondes since. 8)

Postby ****** » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:46 pm

King Impulse wrote:It was my favourite of the lot, but probably due to my LC! love.

Like Kohl said "They're never going to be big big. But they're going to be big to some people."

Give me a record to start with. I tried them about a year ago and they just didn't do it for me, but I wouldn't mind giving them another shot.

KING King Impulse
Teenage Wasteland

Postby KING King Impulse » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:00 pm

amlah6 wrote:Give me a record to start with. I tried them about a year ago and they just didn't do it for me, but I wouldn't mind giving them another shot.

I like certain songs on 'We Are Beautiful, We Are Doomed' (Title taken from a Kieron Gillen quote about the band, IIRC.) more than I like any individual song on 'Hold On Now, Youngster' but I think the latter is a stronger album all-in-all.

Or listen to new songs, 'The Sea Is A Good Place To Think Of The Future' from new album 'Romance is Boring' out Feb 1.

[youtube=425,344,uoIr60buB1I][/youtube]

Daringd
Review Grouper

Postby Daringd » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:45 pm

I totally forgot to pick up Iron Man this week.
However I did get Jonah Hex from last week. So here's my review
Jonah Hex #50: Gray/Palmiotti/Cooke DC $3.99
I am a huge fan of Darwyn Cooke I loved his Spirit run so once I saw he was doing art for this issue I had to pick it up. I’ve been exposed to Hex before but I’ve never read a issue of the series. If the previous 49 issues were anything like this I might need to go back and read them. This issue was fantastic Gray & Palmiotti turn in a great story and Cooke’s art really makes it feel real. I normally wouldn’t come back and type up a review for a book that I couldn’t get the week before (Store only got 5 copies in) But this issue is in the running with The Walking Dead #57 as best issue of the year. Really amazing stuff!
Overall 10/10

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:57 pm

King Impulse wrote:It was my favourite of the lot, but probably due to my LC! love.

My brother is a massive fan, but for me, the lead singer's voice just grates.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 16 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:04 pm

Punchy wrote:My brother is a massive fan, but for me, the lead singer's voice just grates.

:shock: :shock: THERE IS MORE THAN ONE PUNCHY :shock: :shock:

:|

:smt107 :smt119

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:09 pm

I thought most people knew I had a brother? Kieran, Twigg and Dum Dum met him at Thought Bubble.

He reads comics, but he's a bit of an Indie snob, the only regular comic he reads is Captain America, I buy it for him, but he does like Sweet Tooth and Phonogram currently as well.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 16 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:12 pm

Punchy wrote:I thought most people knew I had a brother? Kieran, Twigg and Dum Dum met him at Thought Bubble.

He reads comics, but he's a bit of an Indie snob, the only regular comic he reads is Captain America, I buy it for him, but he does like Sweet Tooth and Phonogram currently as well.

The BRit crew met him, so everyone knew about him. I thought your parents were nuts for raising you... seems they were trying a reboot? sucks for them. :wink:

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:12 pm

Oh yeah, your brother is dead cool.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand