Advertisement

Review Group Week 201 - WALT DISNEY COMICS AND STORIES #701

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Postby Victorian Squid » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:46 pm

Jess Nukem wrote:That's different. Donald is a big time pervo. He never wore pants ever, he was always ready to go.


[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Advertisement

john lewis hawk
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 29687
Likes: 15 posts
Liked in: 232 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Southern California
Title: not here


Postby john lewis hawk » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:55 am

Jess Nukem wrote:That's different. Donald is a big time pervo. He never wore pants ever, he was always ready to go.
HE'S A SAINT!!!

guitarsmashley
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 16173
Likes: 246 posts
Liked in: 344 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 pm
Title: Self Important


Postby guitarsmashley » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:44 am

that wasn't a bad comic. Review when I wake up.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.


doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk



I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Image

guitarsmashley
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 16173
Likes: 246 posts
Liked in: 344 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 pm
Title: Self Important


Postby guitarsmashley » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:15 pm

this wasn't a bad comic. Certainly not what some members are making it out to be. Is it a dumb comic? yes. Is it trying to be something it isn't? Not at all. It's an unpretentious comic for children. I mean anyone who didn't get the, "Are you planning on luring a child into your car with this?" look as you were buying it with your copy of Captain America reborn. The art is disney style so all the characters look like they're supposed to no big deal but the story is where this book shines. This comic isn't aimed at me but for the crowd it is aimed at would probably love it. For a 9 year old this would be a great first comic. It's with this consideration I give the score of 6.8
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.


doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk



I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Image

3MJ
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 61 posts


Postby 3MJ » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:34 pm

I still think the "This isn't aimed at me, but if it was I'd give it..." is bullshit.

No-ones done that for any book in this group, for example no-one said "No I don't like Image Reborn, but it's not aimed at me, it's aimed at people who like Liefelds work"

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34445
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 75 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: Shitlord


Postby Punchy » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:42 pm

Jubilee wrote:I still think the "This isn't aimed at me, but if it was I'd give it..." is bullshit.

No-ones done that for any book in this group, for example no-one said "No I don't like Image Reborn, but it's not aimed at me, it's aimed at people who like Liefelds work"


Haha, true.

Starlord
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 35133
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: Michigan


Postby Starlord » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:34 pm

Jubilee wrote:I still think the "This isn't aimed at me, but if it was I'd give it..." is bullshit.

No-ones done that for any book in this group, for example no-one said "No I don't like Image Reborn, but it's not aimed at me, it's aimed at people who like Liefelds work"


You may have a point. Perhaps Liefeld needs to aim for the 8 and 9 year olds who don't know any better.
Image

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 61 posts


Postby ****** » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:23 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:this wasn't a bad comic. Certainly not what some members are making it out to be. Is it a dumb comic? yes. Is it trying to be something it isn't? Not at all. It's an unpretentious comic for children. I mean anyone who didn't get the, "Are you planning on luring a child into your car with this?" look as you were buying it with your copy of Captain America reborn. The art is disney style so all the characters look like they're supposed to no big deal but the story is where this book shines. This comic isn't aimed at me but for the crowd it is aimed at would probably love it. For a 9 year old this would be a great first comic. It's with this consideration I give the score of 6.8


Franklin Richards calls bullshit.

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Postby Victorian Squid » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:32 pm

amlah6 wrote:Franklin Richards calls bullshit.


He always was a potty-mouth.

Hey Amlah, check this out:

http://www.pedigreecomics.com/auction-d ... e_id=29000

:shock:

guitarsmashley
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 16173
Likes: 246 posts
Liked in: 344 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 pm
Title: Self Important


Postby guitarsmashley » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:13 pm

amlah6 wrote:Franklin Richards calls bullshit.


I was in a different place then, and that comic was awful this at least had a plot and Scrooge.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.


doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk



I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Image

guitarsmashley
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 16173
Likes: 246 posts
Liked in: 344 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 pm
Title: Self Important


Postby guitarsmashley » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:14 pm

starlord wrote:You may have a point. Perhaps Liefeld needs to aim for the who masturbate to comic book crowd.


Fixed.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.


doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk



I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Image

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 61 posts


Postby ****** » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:17 pm

House of J wrote:He always was a potty-mouth.

Hey Amlah, check this out:

http://www.pedigreecomics.com/auction-d ... e_id=29000

:shock:


:shock:

I wonder what the odds are one of my 5 copies could be slabbed with a 9.9 grade?

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Postby Victorian Squid » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:32 pm

amlah6 wrote::shock:

I wonder what the odds are one of my 5 copies could be slabbed with a 9.9 grade?


That would be awesome! We know Doombug's copy won't make the grade with the pages all sticky like that and stuff..

Whoever the winning bidder was, he clearly has no wife.

48THRiLLS
User avatar
Review Grouper
 
Posts: 3223
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:40 pm
Location: Stumptown
Title: Outhouse resident punk rocker
Formerly: cool


Postby 48THRiLLS » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:16 pm

This was not a bad comic by any means but it is definitely not something I would have got on my own or continue reading here on after. I did snicker at a few things here and there but I was never been a big fan of Disney characters growing up so I was left feeling kinda eh. I do think it would probably be a fun comic to read to your kids but as a 32 year old guy I think i was not the target demographic for this so it makes it really hard to give a score to. I will say that Cloverleaf as a character is pretty genius. The art was fine, they looked exactly how they should. I don't think this is the type of book that is gonna wow you with amazing 2 page spreads and stuff.

6

john lewis hawk
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 29687
Likes: 15 posts
Liked in: 232 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Southern California
Title: not here


Postby john lewis hawk » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:24 pm

House of J wrote:He always was a potty-mouth.

Hey Amlah, check this out:

http://www.pedigreecomics.com/auction-d ... e_id=29000

:shock:
Crazy-ass people.... that i hope to rip off and screw over with overpriced comics.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Stephen Day and 61 guests

Advertisement