Advertisement

Review Group Week 201 - WALT DISNEY COMICS AND STORIES #701

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:46 pm

Jess Nukem wrote:That's different. Donald is a big time pervo. He never wore pants ever, he was always ready to go.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Advertisement

john lewis hawk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 232 posts
Title: not here

Postby john lewis hawk » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:55 am

Jess Nukem wrote:That's different. Donald is a big time pervo. He never wore pants ever, he was always ready to go.
HE'S A SAINT!!!

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 344 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:44 am

that wasn't a bad comic. Review when I wake up.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:15 pm

this wasn't a bad comic. Certainly not what some members are making it out to be. Is it a dumb comic? yes. Is it trying to be something it isn't? Not at all. It's an unpretentious comic for children. I mean anyone who didn't get the, "Are you planning on luring a child into your car with this?" look as you were buying it with your copy of Captain America reborn. The art is disney style so all the characters look like they're supposed to no big deal but the story is where this book shines. This comic isn't aimed at me but for the crowd it is aimed at would probably love it. For a 9 year old this would be a great first comic. It's with this consideration I give the score of 6.8
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

- Les Paul

3MJ

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby 3MJ » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:34 pm

I still think the "This isn't aimed at me, but if it was I'd give it..." is bullshit.

No-ones done that for any book in this group, for example no-one said "No I don't like Image Reborn, but it's not aimed at me, it's aimed at people who like Liefelds work"

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 75 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:42 pm

Jubilee wrote:I still think the "This isn't aimed at me, but if it was I'd give it..." is bullshit.

No-ones done that for any book in this group, for example no-one said "No I don't like Image Reborn, but it's not aimed at me, it's aimed at people who like Liefelds work"

Haha, true.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:34 pm

Jubilee wrote:I still think the "This isn't aimed at me, but if it was I'd give it..." is bullshit.

You may have a point. Perhaps Liefeld needs to aim for the 8 and 9 year olds who don't know any better.

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Postby ****** » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:23 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:this wasn't a bad comic. Certainly not what some members are making it out to be. Is it a dumb comic? yes. Is it trying to be something it isn't? Not at all. It's an unpretentious comic for children. I mean anyone who didn't get the, "Are you planning on luring a child into your car with this?" look as you were buying it with your copy of Captain America reborn. The art is disney style so all the characters look like they're supposed to no big deal but the story is where this book shines. This comic isn't aimed at me but for the crowd it is aimed at would probably love it. For a 9 year old this would be a great first comic. It's with this consideration I give the score of 6.8

Franklin Richards calls bullshit.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:32 pm

amlah6 wrote:Franklin Richards calls bullshit.

He always was a potty-mouth.

Hey Amlah, check this out:

http://www.pedigreecomics.com/auction-d ... e_id=29000

:shock:

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:13 pm

amlah6 wrote:Franklin Richards calls bullshit.

I was in a different place then, and that comic was awful this at least had a plot and Scrooge.

- Les Paul

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:14 pm

starlord wrote:You may have a point. Perhaps Liefeld needs to aim for the who masturbate to comic book crowd.

Fixed.

- Les Paul

Postby ****** » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:17 pm

House of J wrote:He always was a potty-mouth.

I wonder what the odds are one of my 5 copies could be slabbed with a 9.9 grade?

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:32 pm

amlah6 wrote::shock:

I wonder what the odds are one of my 5 copies could be slabbed with a 9.9 grade?

That would be awesome! We know Doombug's copy won't make the grade with the pages all sticky like that and stuff..

Whoever the winning bidder was, he clearly has no wife.

48THRiLLS
Review Grouper

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Outhouse resident punk rocker
Formerly: cool

Postby 48THRiLLS » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:16 pm

This was not a bad comic by any means but it is definitely not something I would have got on my own or continue reading here on after. I did snicker at a few things here and there but I was never been a big fan of Disney characters growing up so I was left feeling kinda eh. I do think it would probably be a fun comic to read to your kids but as a 32 year old guy I think i was not the target demographic for this so it makes it really hard to give a score to. I will say that Cloverleaf as a character is pretty genius. The art was fine, they looked exactly how they should. I don't think this is the type of book that is gonna wow you with amazing 2 page spreads and stuff.

john lewis hawk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 232 posts
Title: not here

Postby john lewis hawk » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:24 pm

House of J wrote:He always was a potty-mouth.

Crazy-ass people.... that i hope to rip off and screw over with overpriced comics.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand