Monday, July 25, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Hope you survive the experience!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review Group Week 206 - JOE THE BARBARIAN #1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:16 pm

Pfffft! wrote:In other news, was there any reaction to Steve Wacker's and Tom Brevoort's promotions last week?

no, no one cared.

Postby ****** » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:17 pm

Pfffft! wrote:In other news, was there any reaction to Steve Wacker's and Tom Brevoort's promotions last week?

I read about it on Robot 6, but I've yet to see it mentioned here. Axel Alonso got the same promotion as Brevoort too, I think.

Corporate America doesn't have enough Vice Presidents, everyone should be made one.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:19 pm

thefourthman wrote:no, no one cared.

I care, you nihilistic jack of clubs!

48THRiLLS

Review Grouper

Postby 48THRiLLS » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:21 pm

Pfffft! wrote:I care, you nihilistic jack of clubs!

I have never been offended by any avatar I have seen here at the outhouse... until now.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:21 pm

amlah6 wrote:I read about it on Robot 6, but I've yet to see it mentioned here. Axel Alonso got the same promotion as Brevoort too, I think.

Corporate America doesn't have enough Vice Presidents, everyone should be made one.

Tossing the mouse's salad, no doubt.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:21 pm

48THRiLLS wrote:I have never been offended by any avatar I have seen here at the outhouse... until now.

shut up and get back to making me biscuits woman!

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:22 pm

Pfffft! wrote:I care, you nihilistic jack of clubs!

why? it just means that extra buck we spend on comics destined to fail and the ones that are too big to fail is going into their pocket... well 5 cents of it anyhow.

Postby ****** » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:22 pm

48THRiLLS wrote:I have never been offended by any avatar I have seen here at the outhouse... until now.

Hey now, aint nothin' wrong with a lady with a little junk in the trunk.

Postby ****** » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:24 pm

thefourthman wrote:why? it just means that extra buck we spend on comics destined to fail and the ones that are too big to fail is going into their pocket... well 5 cents of it anyhow.

You're derailing the thread.

/Punchy'd

Mr_Batman

Review Grouper

Postby Mr_Batman » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:25 pm

amlah6 wrote:Gah! I'm nice and comfy in my chair, I'm going to have to get up and grab the usb drive with the SoD from my office. Thanks, jerk! :x :P

DR: The List - Avengers
Giant Size Old Man Logan
Teen Titans #75
Unwritten #6
Azrael #1
Locke & Key: CoS #1
Punisher #11
Image United #1
Jonah Hex #50
Invincible Iron Man #21
Walt Disney C&S #701
Hellboy: The Bride of Hell
Siege #1
Amazing Spider-Man #617

Thank you Amlah. I know, I'm a pain.

Oh crap, I've only gotten half of those books :lol:

And on another negative note, my LCS was sold out of Joe the Barbarian and Iron Man #21 (still), but of course I was able to get Seige. I think my LCS is slacking off

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:35 pm

amlah6 wrote:You're derailing the thread.

/Punchy'd

I blame HOJ for not being here.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:37 pm

thefourthman wrote:why? it just means that extra buck we spend on comics destined to fail and the ones that are too big to fail is going into their pocket... well 5 cents of it anyhow.

I don't buy those comics, jackanapes! I let them wither on the vine.

I will buy just about anything for a dollar, though.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:37 pm

Mr_Batman wrote:Thank you Amlah. I know, I'm a pain.

Oh crap, I've only gotten half of those books :lol:

And on another negative note, my LCS was sold out of Joe the Barbarian and Iron Man #21 (still), but of course I was able to get Seige. I think my LCS is slacking off

The second printing of IM 21 isn't out yet and it sold out, so it's not their fault.

The dollar issues are a strange thing. We order them like they are FCBD books, cause they cost about the same after discount. If we don't sell through them we hand them out. I still sell Unwritten #1's on ebay for two bucks and hand them out in the store all the time. It's great for trade sales. We did the same with the After Watchmen books, and I imagine we will do it for the upcoming Marvel books and the Walking Dead #1 reprint as well.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:40 pm

Oh sure, way to promote an unrealistic body image in women everywhere. :roll:

This is attainable, dammit!

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:43 pm

Pfffft! wrote:Oh sure, way to promote an unrealistic body image in women everywhere. :roll:

This is attainable, dammit!

but is it sustainable?

leave a comment with facebook