Saturday, May 28, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Memorial to dead childhoods."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Review Group Week 207 - ROBOCOP #1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:36 pm

thefourthman wrote:My understanding was he wrote a screenplay for Robocop 2 and they cut it into two movies, expanding a subplot to create Robocop 2 and doing a rewrite of the rest for Robocop 3. Hence the crediting he has on those two movies.

Plus he had a couple other things that where taken out due to budget reasons. Man it would have been cool to see Robo-Cain vs some ED-209s.

48THRiLLS

Review Grouper

Postby 48THRiLLS » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:07 pm

I only have 3 or 4 books on my pull list to review next week... :?

Postby ****** » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:15 pm

48THRiLLS wrote:I only have 3 or 4 books on my pull list to review next week... :?

Is Demo on your pull? You should check out Demo if it's not, each issue is like a one shot.

And it's not necessarily review your pull, it's review whatever you want. I can't imagine there will be that many people with more than 2-3 reviews. The ladder thing is just meant as a reward for participation.

Benderbrau

Twenty-Something

Postby Benderbrau » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:18 pm

Another Robocop comic. Somewhere I still ahve my issue of Robocop #1 from the 90s. :roll:

Robocop 2 wasn't bad IMO. I think it "read" better then it looked. If that makes any sense.

Robocop 3 sucked. But I have to admit I loved the line he exchanges with Zed from MiB
"What's it they call you? Murphy is it?"
"My friends call me Murphy. You can call me Robocop."
:oops: :lol:

Old Man

cheese

Postby Old Man » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:32 am

amlah6 wrote:And it's not necessarily review your pull, it's review whatever you want. I can't imagine there will be that many people with more than 2-3 reviews. The ladder thing is just meant as a reward for participation.

I don't need a ladder. I could, however, use a footstool about 14 inches tall.

Old Man

cheese

Postby Old Man » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:33 am

And I can't believe they charged $3.50 for this.

Old Man

cheese

Postby Old Man » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:36 am

By the way, I like the ladder concept.

And no review from me this week. I didn't see the book at the LCS. If starlord got a copy, he has the last one.

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:36 am

Old Man wrote:And I can't believe they charged $3.50 for this.

There's always one in every crowd. :smt011

:wink:

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:37 am

Old Man wrote:By the way, I like the ladder concept.

And no review from me this week. I didn't see the book at the LCS. If starlord got a copy, he has the last one.

:-D I lucked out.

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:06 am

I did the review... just late: http://www.theouthousers.com/forum/view ... ?p=1605740

Old Man

cheese

Postby Old Man » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:07 am

Good to see you today. I think I heard the name Larry mentioned today. Was he your chauffeur?

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:13 am

Old Man wrote:Good to see you today. I think I heard the name Larry mentioned today. Was he your chauffeur?
Sure.

Old Man

cheese

Postby Old Man » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:32 am

john lewis hawk wrote:Sure.

Not you, John. :D I was asking starlord. But thanks for responding. I'm like that Old Woman character Johnny Carson used to play, Aunt Blabbly. One famous line was...

"I'm so lonely."

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:46 am

Old Man wrote:Not you, John. :D I was asking starlord. But thanks for responding. I'm like that Old Woman character Johnny Carson used to play, Aunt Blabbly. One famous line was...

"I'm so lonely."
I figure it wasn't to me but I'll respond to anything. And no, random woman with child, I do not have diaper problems.

Benderbrau

Twenty-Something

Postby Benderbrau » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:47 am

Old Man wrote:Not you, John. :D I was asking starlord. But thanks for responding. I'm like that Old Woman character Johnny Carson used to play, Aunt Blabbly. One famous line was...

"I'm so lonely."

The quote button is your friend. :lol:

leave a comment with facebook