Advertisement

Review Group Week 227 - NEW NEW AVENGERS #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26667
Likes: 68 posts
Liked in: 44 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:52 pm

BlueStreak wrote:I'm a big believer of no violence in comic books.

It's why I like Bendis. Five issues of talking heads, four two page spreads of fighting, resolution.

8)

this is either some Old Man level performance posting or you are seriously confused.

Advertisement

S.F. Jude Terror
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 76182
Likes: 439 posts
Liked in: 653 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Up Your Ass
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror


Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:53 pm

thefourthman wrote:obviously, you have not read this one yet. Seriously, it is really bad. EVERYone sounds like Spider-Man (even Doctor Strange)
[spoiler]Luke is ready to start Civil War again with Steve on Iron Man's side, but to shut him the fuck up, Tony sells him Avengers Mansion (yes inexplicably the tower becomes a mansion again between two mother fucking panels) for a dollar, then Steve blind sides him with Hand as a handler after saying it would be hands off.[/spoiler]
It defies logic.


So basically they placte the black man with reparations then continue keeping him down?
Image
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26667
Likes: 68 posts
Liked in: 44 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:55 pm

Jude Terror wrote:So basically they placte the black man with reparations then continue keeping him down?

yeah, but then [spoiler]he bitch slaps her with a HULK THUNDER CLAP!!![/spoiler]
this is a stupid comic book.

BlueStreak
User avatar
The Red Stands for Irony
 
Posts: 12260
Likes: 4 posts
Liked in: 29 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:06 pm
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak


Postby BlueStreak » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:56 pm

thefourthman wrote:this is either some Old Man level performance posting or you are seriously confused.


Sarcasm, my friend, sarcasm.

S.F. Jude Terror
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 76182
Likes: 439 posts
Liked in: 653 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Up Your Ass
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror


Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:58 pm

thefourthman wrote:yeah, but then [spoiler]he bitch slaps her with a HULK THUNDER CLAP!!![/spoiler]
this is a stupid comic book.


Displaying his racial tendency for violence.

New Avengers is an allegory for the plight of the American black man.

Bendis is a genius.
Image
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26667
Likes: 68 posts
Liked in: 44 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:58 pm

BlueStreak wrote:Sarcasm, my friend, sarcasm.

you do know that 8) =/= :roll: , right?

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26667
Likes: 68 posts
Liked in: 44 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:59 pm

Jude Terror wrote:Displaying his racial tendency for violence.

New Avengers is an allegory for the plight of the American black man.

Bendis is a genius.

except you hate Black People therefore hate this story therefore hate Bendis and loath yourself for defending it.

BlueStreak
User avatar
The Red Stands for Irony
 
Posts: 12260
Likes: 4 posts
Liked in: 29 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:06 pm
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak


Postby BlueStreak » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:03 pm

thefourthman wrote:you do know that 8) =/= :roll: , right?


I never know which smiley to use, that's why I tend to avoid them. I didn't want people to think I was serious hence the smiley. Oh well, I fail at teh smilies.

chap22
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 21423
Likes: 31 posts
Liked in: 164 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: Missi-by God-ssippi, a.k.a. Chapveria
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon


Postby chap22 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:03 pm

thefourthman wrote:obviously, you have not read this one yet. Seriously, it is really bad. EVERYone sounds like Spider-Man (even Doctor Strange)
[spoiler]Luke is ready to start Civil War again with Steve on Iron Man's side, but to shut him the fuck up, Tony sells him Avengers Mansion (yes inexplicably the tower becomes a mansion again between two mother fucking panels) for a dollar, then Steve blind sides him with Hand as a handler after saying it would be hands off.[/spoiler]
It defies logic.


fourthy, i believe the reason it's a mansion and not a tower is b/c thhey're 2 separate buildings. the Avengers will hang in the big shiny tower with the piece of Asgard on top of it, while Cage's boys get to hang in the servant's quarters'...errr...mansion. ;-)
Image
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

S.F. Jude Terror
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 76182
Likes: 439 posts
Liked in: 653 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Up Your Ass
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror


Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:03 pm

thefourthman wrote:except you hate Black People therefore hate this story therefore hate Bendis and loath yourself for defending it.


And now He has made you aware of the human condition. His greatness knows no bounds.

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26667
Likes: 68 posts
Liked in: 44 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:08 pm

chap22 wrote:fourthy, i believe the reason it's a mansion and not a tower is b/c thhey're 2 separate buildings. the Avengers will hang in the big shiny tower with the piece of Asgard on top of it, while Cage's boys get to hang in the servant's quarters'...errr...mansion. ;-)

so he bought the place that Wanda blew up?
Did Hank fix it in Mighty or something? last time I saw that place was in Young Avengers and a dollar might have been too much.

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26667
Likes: 68 posts
Liked in: 44 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:10 pm

Jude Terror wrote:And now He has made you aware of the human condition. His greatness knows no bounds.

that's not the human condition, it's more akin to this:
[youtube=425,344,BHFUH_frhBw][/youtube]

chap22
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 21423
Likes: 31 posts
Liked in: 164 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: Missi-by God-ssippi, a.k.a. Chapveria
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon


Postby chap22 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:10 pm

thefourthman wrote:so he bought the place that Wanda blew up?
Did Hank fix it in Mighty or something? last time I saw that place was in Young Avengers and a dollar might have been too much.

well, Stark mentioned it was "newly-rebuilt", i'm assuming we're just supposed to accept it's been ongoing off-panel for a while. hell, that place has been rebuilt so many times now it ain't no biggie. probably got a special construction crew on standby.
Image
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26667
Likes: 68 posts
Liked in: 44 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:12 pm

chap22 wrote:well, Stark mentioned it was "newly-rebuilt", i'm assuming we're just supposed to accept it's been ongoing off-panel for a while. hell, that place has been rebuilt so many times now it ain't no biggie. probably got a special construction crew on standby.

it's still shoddy story telling, lots of people that have not read all 500 issues of the Avengers (like me) are going to have the same problem.

chap22
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 21423
Likes: 31 posts
Liked in: 164 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: Missi-by God-ssippi, a.k.a. Chapveria
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon


Postby chap22 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:16 pm

thefourthman wrote:it's still shoddy story telling, lots of people that have not read all 500 issues of the Avengers (like me) are going to have the same problem.

nah. you're just dumb. :P
Image
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: rockitship and 53 guests

Advertisement