Advertisement

Review Group Week 227 - NEW NEW AVENGERS #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

S.F. Jude Terror
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 76942
Likes: 596 posts
Liked in: 969 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Up Your Ass
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror


Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:18 pm

chap22 wrote:nah. you're just dumb. :P


This. Stark clearly calls it the. Newly rebuilt avengers mansion.

Advertisement

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 27236
Likes: 372 posts
Liked in: 205 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:20 pm

chap22 wrote:nah. you're just dumb. :P

maybe, I was kind of under the impression that Stark Tower was built on top of the old Mansion's grounds.

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Postby ****** » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:20 pm

thefourthman wrote:maybe, I was kind of under the impression that Stark Tower was built on top of the old Mansion's grounds.


You're dumb then.

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 27236
Likes: 372 posts
Liked in: 205 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:22 pm

John Snow wrote:You're dumb then.

why the fuck would he build the tower on some new plot of land? how long has the tower been around?

that's the problem, he's been telling a story for seven years and never bothered to mention the Mansion until he decided it was time to put his bullshit team there.

S.F. Jude Terror
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 76942
Likes: 596 posts
Liked in: 969 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Up Your Ass
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror


Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:24 pm

thefourthman wrote:why the fuck would he build the tower on some new plot of land? how long has the tower been around?

that's the problem, he's been telling a story for seven years and never bothered to mention the Mansion until he decided it was time to put his bullshit team there.


The mansion was always there. The ruins have been in other books like young avengers and mighty avengers. Why would stark build a brand new tower just to put his headquarters on one floor? He took a building he already owned and put the avengers in there.

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 27236
Likes: 372 posts
Liked in: 205 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:26 pm

Jude Terror wrote:The mansion was always there. The ruins have been in other books like young avengers and mighty avengers. Why would stark build a brand new tower just to put his headquarters on one floor? He took a building he already owned and put the avengers in there.

cause he is Tony Stark and he was bank rolling the New Avengers, so then it could become a business cost?
For a conservative, you sure write off a tax shelter awfully quick.

S.F. Jude Terror
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 76942
Likes: 596 posts
Liked in: 969 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Up Your Ass
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror


Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:29 pm

thefourthman wrote:cause he is Tony Stark and he was bank rolling the New Avengers, so then it could become a business cost?
For a conservative, you sure write off a tax shelter awfully quick.


Wut? All of his buildings are already business costs. :?

sdsichero
User avatar
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion
 
Posts: 71459
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 709 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:25 pm
Location: Secret Base, Honolulu, HI
Title: *NEW*
Formerly: beta-ray


Online


Postby sdsichero » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:30 pm

thefourthman wrote:why the fuck would he build the tower on some new plot of land? how long has the tower been around?

that's the problem, he's been telling a story for seven years and never bothered to mention the Mansion until he decided it was time to put his bullshit team there.


[youtube=480,385,qzfuqbOEqnU][/youtube]

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 27236
Likes: 372 posts
Liked in: 205 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:30 pm

Jude Terror wrote:Wut? All of his buildings are already business costs. :?

it thought that was why he built a new one...

guitarsmashley
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 16322
Likes: 282 posts
Liked in: 411 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 pm
Title: Self Important


Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:48 pm

BlueStreak wrote:The only thing I disagree with is the DC v. Marvel Magic. The correct answer is:

DC Magic=Marvel Magic>>>>>>>>Bendis Marvel Magic


You got Ghost Rider(sort of), Dr. Strange and Mephisto, Mephisto was awesome till OMD Just Zantanna makes it Equal. Add Phantom Stranger and you move passed the equal heading.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.


doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk



I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Image

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Postby ****** » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:49 pm

thefourthman wrote:it thought that was why he built a new one...


He built Stark Tower before New Avengers intending it to be a Stark building, but after the New Avengers formed he put them up there because he said he didn't have the money to rebuild Avengers Mansion at that time.

Have you read New Avengers? It's all in there in the word balloons crammed between the fugly Finch faces.

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 27236
Likes: 372 posts
Liked in: 205 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:49 pm

John Snow wrote:He built Stark Tower before New Avengers intending it to be a Stark building, but after the New Avengers formed he put them up there because he said he didn't have the money to rebuild Avengers Mansion at that time.

Have you read New Avengers? It's all in there in the word balloons crammed between the fugly Finch faces.

Fugly Finch faces, might be blocking that shit from my memory.

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 27236
Likes: 372 posts
Liked in: 205 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:50 pm

and again, he's been telling the story for SEVEN years and HE doesn't mention the Mansion in all that time, until it magically gets rebuilt for the bullshit team to have a home.

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Postby ****** » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:51 pm

thefourthman wrote:and again, he's been telling the story for SEVEN years and HE doesn't mention the Mansion in all that time, until it magically gets rebuilt for the bullshit team to have a home.


Yeah he did. Hawkeye pinned a news story to the rubble at the end of House of M.

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 27236
Likes: 372 posts
Liked in: 205 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:55 pm

John Snow wrote:Yeah he did. Hawkeye pinned a news story to the rubble at the end of House of M.

okay, so fucking Hawkeye pins a fucking news story to it two years later, so now we are at five years and nary a mention, must less anything about repairs (or why the fuck Tony would repair it anyhow - Maybe Pepper did while he was all comatose), until it is magically repaired when the bullshit team needs a house.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], fieldy snuts and 58 guests

Advertisement