Monday, June 25, 2018 • Midnight Edition • "Hope you survive the experience!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review Group Week 227 - NEW NEW AVENGERS #1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:11 pm

It's bad storytelling not having an explanation for the Mansion but it's such a staple of the Avengers that it makes sense it was rebuilt. Do we need to know who or why it was rebuilt? Only if it's a part of a story otherwise who gives a shit.

Greg

Rain Partier

Postby Greg » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:11 pm

Hawk, I love the avatar. My favorite current one thus far! 8)

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:12 pm

john lewis hawk wrote:It's bad storytelling not having an explanation for the Mansion but it's such a staple of the Avengers that it makes sense it was rebuilt. Do we need to know who or why it was rebuilt? Only if it's a part of a story otherwise who gives a shit.

Bendis needs to write a 6 issue Avengers Mansion: Reassembled mini-series.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:12 pm

Greg wrote:Um... seriously? :lol: That bothers you?

yeah... when people can just start doing whatever the writer wants them to do whenever they want them to for no apparent reason then yeah.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:14 pm

thefourthman wrote:My point was, in the end, that it is shoddy writing. Bendis has not cared enough to make it a presence in his own stories, it is unfair to assume that all Avengers fans must read everything and have the Official Geekbooks to Everything Marvel and their pets too! and would therefore know what its status is outside of the book in question. A new reader might not even know that it was destroyed or that Stark tower exists (there fore it would not be a problem) and it isn't as much a problem to the Marvel Zombies cause they are willing to explain it away, "It's Magic" always works.
Not to mention that Tony would not have had the time or inclination since Civil War and there is no motive, especially if it was just to be able to give it to Cage to shut him the fuck up.

It remains shoddy writing.

Just like the thunder clap.

Just like the snide comments by Wolverine about how all of them can be in whatever books they want to be in.

[youtube=425,344,LDCjIjsZp_Y][/youtube]

Greg

Rain Partier

Postby Greg » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:15 pm

thefourthman wrote:yeah... when people can just start doing whatever the writer wants them to do whenever they want them to for no apparent reason then yeah.

Given his powers, how does a move like this surprise or irritate you? It's well within his power? :?

Kerny

Review Grouper

Postby Kerny » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:15 pm

The Avengers Mansion needs a 3 issue mini detailing it's history and how it got rebuilt with one dollar.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:16 pm

john lewis hawk wrote:It's bad storytelling not having an explanation for the Mansion but it's such a staple of the Avengers that it makes sense it was rebuilt. Do we need to know who or why it was rebuilt? Only if it's a part of a story otherwise who gives a shit.

I do.
There are people believe it or not who have not read the 500 issues previous to New Avengers Vol 1 #1 and are not brand new to New Avengers Volume 2 #1, that might like some explanation other then, "I built this shit, here have it!"

I don't want a mini-series or anything else. I want a writer who cares enough and is a good enough writer to notice the minute details like that and plant the seeds so that six months down the road some dumbass doesn't go "Wait, how did Avengers Tower become Avengers Mansion in between Panel?"

Brubaker is good enough to have done this and probably would. Ellis would have too (but we wouldn't get this issue for four more years)

I am asking for a better breed of writer. Not one who just goes, it's comics the old fans will know, the newbies won't care, and fuck the guys in between, they either buy it or they don't.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:18 pm

really all you're asking for is the throw away line of dialogue of someone saying how great it was that Tony had the mansion rebuilt.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:19 pm

Greg wrote:Given his powers, how does a move like this surprise or irritate you? It's well within his power? :?

then Spider-Man better start doing that shit to people on the regular, cause it is "well" within his power set too then. And it makes the people who did it before hand less special. Who cares that Hulk can do it, so can Luke fucking Cage and Spider-man.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:21 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:really all you're asking for is the throw away line of dialogue of someone saying how great it was that Tony had the mansion rebuilt.

four or five issues ago, yes.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:21 pm

thefourthman wrote:four or five issues ago, yes.

Or maybe during the roof garden party at the tower?

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:22 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:Or maybe during the roof garden party at the tower?

wouldn't be exactly what I want, but it would work (Did it happen?)

Greg

Rain Partier

Postby Greg » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:23 pm

thefourthman wrote:then Spider-Man better start doing that shit to people on the regular, cause it is "well" within his power set too then. And it makes the people who did it before hand less special. Who cares that Hulk can do it, so can Luke fucking Cage and Spider-man.

Maybe initially Cage was on the same strength level as Spidey, but I'm sure Luke has been shown being stronger for the past few years now. Hell, even in his own book Cage was pulling strength feats that I probably wouldn't see Spidey do, even going through and demolishing a building by being hit hard to it.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:29 pm

thefourthman wrote:wouldn't be exactly what I want, but it would work (Did it happen?)

At the end of Siege and then at the beginning of every avengers related book including this one.

leave a comment with facebook