Advertisement

Review Group Week 227 - NEW NEW AVENGERS #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby ****** » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:15 pm

thefourthman wrote:oh... here's the solicit text for the first issue:
A crime saga in comic book form as the story centers around buddy crooks, buddy cops, femme fatales and one unlikely official in the middle - with a target on his head! Dynamite proudly presents its first-ever crim noir series! Featuring art by Colin Wilson (Ed Brubaker's Point Blank)!

It's written by Matz, the guy who wrote Killer (the best Crime Comic ever written)... it's considered a French Noir Masterpiece (this one)

Is it gonna have boobies? I don't want to go to the trouble of tracking down a euro-comic if it's not going to have boobies.

Advertisement

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 230 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:25 pm

I don't know, The Killer didn't shy away from it and Dynamite is publishing it, so anything is possible.
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 103 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:27 pm

John Snow wrote:Is it gonna have boobies? I don't want to go to the trouble of tracking down a euro-comic if it's not going to have boobies.

Spin Angels didn't have nudity. :x

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

Postby ****** » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:31 pm

thefourthman wrote:I don't know, The Killer didn't shy away from it and Dynamite is publishing it, so anything is possible.

The Killer was awesomes. You should do it for your book club thingy.

Postby ****** » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:32 pm

GLX wrote:Spin Angels didn't have nudity. :x

The Marvel Adventures writer-guy probably edited out the good stuff.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:35 pm

John Snow wrote:The Killer was awesomes. You should do it for your book club thingy.

go post in it and I will make it happen.
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:36 pm

GLX wrote:Spin Angels didn't have nudity. :x

there was nudity and soft core sex in Scourge of the Gods, Sky Doll had robot sex doll nudity. If you want nudity, you should just read Black Kiss.

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:36 pm

John Snow wrote:The Marvel Adventures writer-guy probably edited out the good stuff.

He's only the writer.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:37 pm

Blacksad had some hot anthropomorphic cat action.

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:42 pm

thefourthman wrote:Blacksad had some hot anthropomorphic cat action.

Ew.

Postby ****** » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:42 pm

GLX wrote:He's only the writer.

Translator, but you can't prove he didn't edit out the boobies so it must be true I just posted it on the internet.

S.F. Jude Terror

Happy Pony Day!

Liked in: 1068 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:43 pm

Rage Against the Machine sucks. I hate Che Guevara's vocals. He sounds like he's got a piece of swiss cheese caught in his throat.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Postby ****** » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:43 pm

thefourthman wrote:Blacksad had some hot anthropomorphic cat action.

Furries are the future.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 30 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:44 pm

Jude Terror wrote:Rage Against the Machine sucks. I hate Che Guevara's vocals. He sounds like he's got a piece of swiss cheese caught in his throat.

Ew. That almost made me puke.

Glad I don't know that band.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:46 pm

Jude Terror wrote:Rage Against the Machine sucks. I hate Che Guevara's vocals. He sounds like he's got a piece of swiss cheese caught in his throat.

:shock:
[spoiler]I never would have guessed that you would hate a super liberal band.[/spoiler]

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand