Advertisement

Review Group Week 230 - BATMAN & ROBIN #13

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

S.F. Jude Terror
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 77171
Likes: 647 posts
Liked in: 1053 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Up Your Ass
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror


Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:34 am

Victorian Squid wrote:Probably XMF.
:lol:
Image
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Advertisement

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Postby ****** » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:38 am

Victorian Squid wrote:Probably XMF.


Not probably, it was. It'll probably happen again when Jude comes up again and picks it a third time. :x

S.F. Jude Terror
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 77171
Likes: 647 posts
Liked in: 1053 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Up Your Ass
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror


Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:20 am

John Snow wrote:Not probably, it was. It'll probably happen again when Jude comes up again and picks it a third time. :x


I think I've allowed people to abuse that poor book enough. :( Haters ain't never gonna stop hatin'.
Image
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Starlord
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 35129
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: Michigan


Postby Starlord » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:06 am

Jude Terror wrote:I think I've allowed people to abuse that poor book enough. :( Haters ain't never gonna stop hatin'.


I'd just like to point out that I gave Chris a good review with X-Women #1 in my Cleaning the Plate this week. :-)
Image

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Kerny
User avatar
Review Grouper
 
Posts: 5253
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:24 pm
Title: All-American American


Postby Kerny » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:56 pm

Batman and Robin 13

I really liked this issue from a story perspective. Dr Hurt/Thomas Wayne has captured and ready to bust a cap in Dick Grayson's ass! but wait!

I like how everything is connected, stuff from arc 1 is showing up here and tangetially related to Return of Bruce with Dr Hurt.

Easily the best part of the issue is Damian and Joker's interaction. Joker wants HIS Batman back and he may be getting him in the sociopathic Robin, as Robin assaults him with a crowbar while calling him on his BS. Joker is probably enjoying it. Speaking of villains, I am just meh on Pyg, but I bet Jason Todd is coming back too.

But that means Jason will be illustrated by two bad artists. I do not lik Irving's art. I don't like his character depictions, he doesn't draw backgrounds a lot of the time and everyone has to take a poop. Quitely would have been perfect for this art, because it's filled with references from the first issue, and because Quitely is fucking awesome on this book.

Story 8
Art 4

Overall 6

doombug
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 13439
Likes: 643 posts
Liked in: 238 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:48 pm
Location: Holden, Ma


Postby doombug » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:19 pm

Batman and Robin #13

So uh I'm not sure I fully understand what I just read. See there is crazy Grant Morrison (Final Crisis) and then there is good Grant Morrison (Animal Man) and I'd have to say a book like this falls somewhere in the middle. There are some really great moments in the book like the exploration between Dick and Commishioner Gordon's new relationship and the scene between Damien and the Joker in that cell.

But for the good moments there are these crazy outlandish moments that go right over my head and go into Final Crisis territory. The art is weird as well, I can't tell if I like it or I hate it. honestly though this for me issue wise almost goes towards the Joker prose issue, leaving me more confused than anything.

Verdict: 5

Starlord
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 35129
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: Michigan


Postby Starlord » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:05 am

Kerny wrote:Batman and Robin 13

I really liked this issue from a story perspective. Dr Hurt/Thomas Wayne has captured and ready to bust a cap in Dick Grayson's ass! but wait!

I like how everything is connected, stuff from arc 1 is showing up here and tangetially related to Return of Bruce with Dr Hurt.

Easily the best part of the issue is Damian and Joker's interaction. Joker wants HIS Batman back and he may be getting him in the sociopathic Robin, as Robin assaults him with a crowbar while calling him on his BS. Joker is probably enjoying it. Speaking of villains, I am just meh on Pyg, but I bet Jason Todd is coming back too.

But that means Jason will be illustrated by two bad artists. I do not lik Irving's art. I don't like his character depictions, he doesn't draw backgrounds a lot of the time and everyone has to take a poop. Quitely would have been perfect for this art, because it's filled with references from the first issue, and because Quitely is fucking awesome on this book.

Story 8
Art 4

Overall 6


If Jason comes back I'm hoping it's going to be in Red Robin. That book is kicking all kinds of ass and the characterization of Dick, Tim and Damien are the best in any D.C. book out right now.
Image

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 91 guests

Advertisement