Sunday, October 21, 2018 • Afternoon Edition • "Resistance is futile."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review Group Week 232 - TIME MASTERS: VANISHING POINT #1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:59 am

John Snow wrote:This thread needs to die. I should make a new one.

I'm going to review this book though! I swear! :x

Garofani Spruzzo

Rain Partier

Postby Garofani Spruzzo » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:15 am

Time Masters #1

Just tell the story in the book. A whole story. Everything is broken down into parts now, frankly it works better in a 2 hour movie than a comic book miniseries where you either are or aren't paying $3-$4 per installment. This comic tells the other half of Grant Morrison's RoBW miniseries, unless you're a Booster Gold reader in which case you might choose to view it as a continuation of something there I guess. That's actually one of the big flaws of this book. I would rather they had told this as a back-up or co-feature in RoBW but then I quit reading that already. Why? I am bored with characters "randomly" bouncing through time. It got old about 2 issues into Cap Reborn. But if it's for you, looks like you're in luck, as Rip Hunter is set to pointlessly bounce through a bunch of obscure DC limboland properties they don't want to lose the rights to.

The art is technically competent but doesn't always tell the story in a clear manner--after the panel where Supernova is shoving Per Degaton up against a wall, then the other villain says "hey let's get out of here" and in the next panel Per Degaton is across the room standing next to him. It's bad comic book shorthand, and if you ask me why I should care I will answer that's a question I asked myself a lot while reading this.

Postby ****** » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:28 am

Yeah, I didn't get the Superman being a moron thing either.

Garofani Spruzzo

Rain Partier

Postby Garofani Spruzzo » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:36 am

John Snow wrote:Yeah, I didn't get the Superman being a moron thing either.

Yeah, that was ridiculous.

Superman should've done his magic Final Crisis yodel.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:42 am

starlord wrote:I call prejudice! The book was much better than a 3. It was one of the best we've read in weeks. :x

It automatically loses points for being Doombug's pick.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:26 pm

Jude Terror wrote:
Oh that's Rip Hunter? Is Booster Gold his dad? WTF DC?

Hey it's that 90s Dr. Strange! What's he doing here?

Dr. Strange to save the day!

Where the fuck have you been for the last 2 years ? All this has been known for a while. :lol:

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:09 pm

Jude Terror wrote:It automatically loses points for being Doombug's pick.

k?

Postby ****** » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:13 pm

doombug wrote:k?

Still playing the innocent I see. :smt011

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:16 pm

John Snow wrote:Still playing the innocent I see. :smt011

Still trying to incite drama that I have no clue about I see? :wink:

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:29 pm

Time Masters Vanishing point #1

I love Booster Gold, I've been enjoying the series since #1. That being said, I really don't see why this "mini" wasn't just put into the main series as it continues everything that Dan was already building up. I love having Hal and Clark along for the ride as well and i'm really curious to see if they both find out Booster's secret by the end of the series.

Rip being in charge of the mission and delving into his childhood a bit more was pretty cool as well. I really love seeing Per Degaton and Tirgon again as well and Michelle/Supernova putting up a fight against them.

Verdict: 9

leave a comment with facebook