Saturday, July 23, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "The Outhouse Universe will never be the same!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review Group Week 241 - NEMESIS #3

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:17 am

Punchy wrote:
You're one to talk about accuracy when it comes to this book! You thought Nemesis used to be a good guy!


I just said it's the same concept as Irredeemable, and that was based on Millar's own statements that the concept of the book was "What if Batman was an asshole?" And it's pretty much correct. It's a low-brow version of Irredeemable, minus any effort put into motivation or characterization.

skywatcher

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby skywatcher » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:22 am

Jude Terror wrote: You know what would make this thread better though? An appearance by Nazi Skywatcher.

Well, you'll have to get in touch with him yourself as I no longer have access to his Facebook account! :P
User avatar

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:35 am

Punchy wrote:
The 20somethings are a bunch of idiots though. And certainly the stuff in this issue was more sexually twisted than anything I could think of.


No, the 20something's are not a bunch of idiots and I'd watch that off the cuff insulting when it actually feels like an insult. They are no more idiots then say, the British group that always seem to come across as arrogant assholes but are not actually like that.

And if you think this was more sexually twisted then anything you could think of I suggest checking out your local courthouse. There are people out there who do a lot worse in the "real world." Of course perhaps there should be a discussion on if Millar wrote this because of some possible sexual desire he may have for a sister or a even a brother.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:36 am

Jude Terror wrote:
I just said it's the same concept as Irredeemable, and that was based on Millar's own statements that the concept of the book was "What if Batman was an asshole?" And it's pretty much correct. It's a low-brow version of Irredeemable, minus any effort put into motivation or characterization.


But it's not the same concept. It's a similar tag-line, but that's just a tag-line, not the story. It's nothing like Irredeemable.
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:39 am

Punchy wrote:
But it's not the same concept. It's a similar tag-line, but that's just a tag-line, not the story. It's nothing like Irredeemable.


But Millar's books are 90% tag-line. What if superheroes fought each other? What if Unforgiven starred Wolverine? What if The Avengers were generic movie-badasses? What if Batman was an asshole?
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:39 am

starlord wrote:
No, the 20something's are not a bunch of idiots and I'd watch that off the cuff insulting when it actually feels like an insult. They are no more idiots then say, the British group that always seem to come across as arrogant assholes but are not actually like that.

And if you think this was more sexually twisted then anything you could think of I suggest checking out your local courthouse. There are people out there who do a lot worse in the "real world." Of course perhaps there should be a discussion on if Millar wrote this because of some possible sexual desire he may have for a sister or a even a brother.


There is no formal 'British Group'.

And I can't believe I'm getting stick for not being sick and twisted! It's a good thing to be shocked by this stuff.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:40 am

Jude Terror wrote:
But Millar's books are 90% tag-line. What if superheroes fought each other? What if Unforgiven starred Wolverine? What if The Avengers were generic movie-badasses? What if Batman was an asshole?


I'd disagree with that. He has strong high-concepts, but the stories are always more than that. You are literally judging Nemesis by it's cover here.
User avatar

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:41 am

Punchy wrote:
There is no formal 'British Group'.

And I can't believe I'm getting stick for not being sick and twisted! It's a good thing to be shocked by this stuff.


I really could care less about the second part. He's a comic book writer, really he's nothing in the grand scheme of life.

All I'm saying is the insult was taken personally and I've asked you to knock it off. Next up is an official warning.

And maybe you Brits should ban together. You wouldn't want us American's to kick your ass... AGAIN! :P
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:41 am

Punchy wrote:
There is no formal 'British Group'.

And I can't believe I'm getting stick for not being sick and twisted! It's a good thing to be shocked by this stuff.


There is one actually! british-teens-g2653.html

I'm a member (confirmed honorary British Teen during the Twigglet Night).
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:42 am

Punchy wrote:
I'd disagree with that. He has strong high-concepts, but the stories are always more than that. You are literally judging Nemesis by it's cover here.


I said in my review it was better than I expected.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:43 am

starlord wrote:
I really could care less about the second part. He's a comic book writer, really he's nothing in the grand scheme of life.

All I'm saying is the insult was taken personally and I've asked you to knock it off. Next up is an official warning.

And maybe you Brits should ban together. You wouldn't want us American's to kick your ass... AGAIN! :P


He's something in the grand scheme of a thread about reviewing comics.

And if GHERU took it personally than the problem is with him. If I wanted to insult him personally, I would.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:44 am

Jude Terror wrote:
I said in my review it was better than I expected.


Which is proof that it's more than the tag-line.
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:44 am

Punchy wrote:
He's something in the grand scheme of a thread about reviewing comics.

And if GHERU took it personally than the problem is with him. If I wanted to insult him personally, I would.


His people have already suffered enough. Haven't you read the bible?
User avatar

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:46 am

Punchy wrote:
He's something in the grand scheme of a thread about reviewing comics.

And if GHERU took it personally than the problem is with him. If I wanted to insult him personally, I would.


I see, because the 20somethings aren't really people, they are a group. American's had that same attitude with blacks and Hitler had the same idea with Jews. Nice Punch, you are showing a whole new side of yourself.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:46 am

Jude Terror wrote:
His people have already suffered enough. Haven't you read the bible?


The 20somethings suffered in the Bible? I thought Jesus died when he was 33!

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: achilles, blcdude, Herald, I read a comic once, IvCNuB4, karmakaze, MikeinLA and 116 guests