Advertisement

Review Group Week 241 - NEMESIS #3

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 1066 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Re: Review Group Week 241 - NEMESIS #3

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:17 am

Punchy wrote:
You're one to talk about accuracy when it comes to this book! You thought Nemesis used to be a good guy!

I just said it's the same concept as Irredeemable, and that was based on Millar's own statements that the concept of the book was "What if Batman was an asshole?" And it's pretty much correct. It's a low-brow version of Irredeemable, minus any effort put into motivation or characterization.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Advertisement

skywatcher

Happy Pony Day!

Liked in: 0 post

Postby skywatcher » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:22 am

Jude Terror wrote: You know what would make this thread better though? An appearance by Nazi Skywatcher.

Well, you'll have to get in touch with him yourself as I no longer have access to his Facebook account! :P

Starlord

Happy Pony Day!

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:35 am

Punchy wrote:
The 20somethings are a bunch of idiots though. And certainly the stuff in this issue was more sexually twisted than anything I could think of.

No, the 20something's are not a bunch of idiots and I'd watch that off the cuff insulting when it actually feels like an insult. They are no more idiots then say, the British group that always seem to come across as arrogant assholes but are not actually like that.

And if you think this was more sexually twisted then anything you could think of I suggest checking out your local courthouse. There are people out there who do a lot worse in the "real world." Of course perhaps there should be a discussion on if Millar wrote this because of some possible sexual desire he may have for a sister or a even a brother.

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:36 am

Jude Terror wrote:
I just said it's the same concept as Irredeemable, and that was based on Millar's own statements that the concept of the book was "What if Batman was an asshole?" And it's pretty much correct. It's a low-brow version of Irredeemable, minus any effort put into motivation or characterization.

But it's not the same concept. It's a similar tag-line, but that's just a tag-line, not the story. It's nothing like Irredeemable.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:39 am

Punchy wrote:
But it's not the same concept. It's a similar tag-line, but that's just a tag-line, not the story. It's nothing like Irredeemable.

But Millar's books are 90% tag-line. What if superheroes fought each other? What if Unforgiven starred Wolverine? What if The Avengers were generic movie-badasses? What if Batman was an asshole?

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:39 am

starlord wrote:
No, the 20something's are not a bunch of idiots and I'd watch that off the cuff insulting when it actually feels like an insult. They are no more idiots then say, the British group that always seem to come across as arrogant assholes but are not actually like that.

And if you think this was more sexually twisted then anything you could think of I suggest checking out your local courthouse. There are people out there who do a lot worse in the "real world." Of course perhaps there should be a discussion on if Millar wrote this because of some possible sexual desire he may have for a sister or a even a brother.

There is no formal 'British Group'.

And I can't believe I'm getting stick for not being sick and twisted! It's a good thing to be shocked by this stuff.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:40 am

Jude Terror wrote:
But Millar's books are 90% tag-line. What if superheroes fought each other? What if Unforgiven starred Wolverine? What if The Avengers were generic movie-badasses? What if Batman was an asshole?

I'd disagree with that. He has strong high-concepts, but the stories are always more than that. You are literally judging Nemesis by it's cover here.

Starlord

Happy Pony Day!

Postby Starlord » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:41 am

Punchy wrote:

And I can't believe I'm getting stick for not being sick and twisted! It's a good thing to be shocked by this stuff.

I really could care less about the second part. He's a comic book writer, really he's nothing in the grand scheme of life.

All I'm saying is the insult was taken personally and I've asked you to knock it off. Next up is an official warning.

And maybe you Brits should ban together. You wouldn't want us American's to kick your ass... AGAIN! :P

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:41 am

Punchy wrote:

There is one actually! british-teens-g2653.html

I'm a member (confirmed honorary British Teen during the Twigglet Night).

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:42 am

Punchy wrote:
I'd disagree with that. He has strong high-concepts, but the stories are always more than that. You are literally judging Nemesis by it's cover here.

I said in my review it was better than I expected.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:43 am

starlord wrote:
I really could care less about the second part. He's a comic book writer, really he's nothing in the grand scheme of life.

All I'm saying is the insult was taken personally and I've asked you to knock it off. Next up is an official warning.

And maybe you Brits should ban together. You wouldn't want us American's to kick your ass... AGAIN! :P

He's something in the grand scheme of a thread about reviewing comics.

And if GHERU took it personally than the problem is with him. If I wanted to insult him personally, I would.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:44 am

Jude Terror wrote:
I said in my review it was better than I expected.

Which is proof that it's more than the tag-line.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:44 am

Punchy wrote:

And if GHERU took it personally than the problem is with him. If I wanted to insult him personally, I would.

His people have already suffered enough. Haven't you read the bible?

Starlord

Happy Pony Day!

Postby Starlord » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:46 am

Punchy wrote:

I see, because the 20somethings aren't really people, they are a group. American's had that same attitude with blacks and Hitler had the same idea with Jews. Nice Punch, you are showing a whole new side of yourself.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:46 am

Jude Terror wrote:
His people have already suffered enough. Haven't you read the bible?

The 20somethings suffered in the Bible? I thought Jesus died when he was 33!

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand