Advertisement

Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 27321
Likes: 407 posts
Liked in: 227 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Online


Re: Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Postby thefourthman » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:38 pm

John Snow wrote:Lots of precedents for zeros, zero precedents for higher than 10.

I gave tiny titans an eleventy million! :x
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead

Advertisement

GHERU
User avatar


YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 39629
Likes: 289 posts
Liked in: 421 posts
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:03 pm
Location: Fucking Akron


Re: Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Postby GHERU » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:40 pm

BlueStreak wrote:Oh fuck it.

Score however you want. If it's an integer, it's fair play.

so no 8.5's this week?
:wink:
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

Image

BlueStreak
User avatar
The Red Stands for Irony
 
Posts: 12264
Likes: 4 posts
Liked in: 32 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:06 pm
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak


Re: Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:41 pm

GHERU wrote:so no 8.5's this week?
:wink:


That's where I draw the line. I don't want any imaginary numbers or decimals mucking up the SOD.
Image

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 27321
Likes: 407 posts
Liked in: 227 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Online


Re: Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Postby thefourthman » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:42 pm

Punchy wrote:
But I'm not the troll here! I'm the opposite of a troll!

So you are a Billy Goat?
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead

GHERU
User avatar


YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 39629
Likes: 289 posts
Liked in: 421 posts
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:03 pm
Location: Fucking Akron


Re: Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Postby GHERU » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:47 pm

BlueStreak wrote:
That's where I draw the line. I don't want any imaginary numbers or decimals mucking up the SOD.

understood
no decimals
no √1
and no dividing by 0

will do
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

Image

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31779
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 4 posts
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Re: Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:51 pm

GHERU wrote:I completely understand your point, I just disagree with your solution
I just don;t think that IF there is a poll outside of this thread then it looks bad for the group if we "poll kick" non-members


That's cool, I'm all out of holiday rage now and so either way is fine with me.
Image

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Re: Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Postby ****** » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:51 pm

BlueStreak wrote:
Did you mark them as zeroes in the SOD? The write up in the OP I've been following says 1-10, but it's nice to know the precedent.


1-10 is the rule, has been forevs.

People have given scores with negatives, but I've always counted those as 1s, but in a total defiance of logic if they scored a book between 0 and 1 I entered it as that score. I think most likely I did it that way just because the slack asses that preceded me didn't clearly state 1-10 as a rule in the OP. After I included it in the OP I continued to allow 0-1 scores because disallowing them would in my mind mean that I would need to go back and disallow the previous 0-1 scores and that sounded like a pain in the ass.

So basically in less words, 1-10 is the strongly encouraged rule that can be broken on the dl. We're talking about it impacting the overall score by tenths of a point anyway so whateves.

On the flipside, people have obviously given scores over 10, but those have always been entered as 10s.

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Re: Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Postby ****** » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:54 pm

noone wrote:I gave tiny titans an eleventy million! :x


And I entered it as a 10.

Image

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Re: Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Postby ****** » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:57 pm

Punchy wrote:
But I'm not the troll here! I'm the opposite of a troll!


Everyone who posts at the OH is a troll sometimes.

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 27321
Likes: 407 posts
Liked in: 227 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Online


Re: Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Postby thefourthman » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:57 pm

you said there was no precedent, dumbass.
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Re: Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Postby ****** » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:07 pm

noone wrote:you said there was no precedent, dumbass.


No precedent for anything being entered higher than 10. I can't be expected to remember entering corrected scores for your lame attempts at humor over the years.

Dragavon
User avatar
Podcaster
 
Posts: 18507
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:35 am
Location: NJ
Title: Married
Formerly: Ben Reilly


Re: Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Postby Dragavon » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:15 pm

I'm not a member of the Review Group anymore, generally due to lack of funds. But I have to add a review here.

I am absolutely not sure what to rate this book. The amazing artwork by Brett Booth makes we want to give it a 9. Larfleeze himself in 3/4 of the book is interesting and in character, so that deserves a high score. But the appearance of Hal "Bland" Jordan and his hypocritical moralizing about the "spirit of Christmas" makes me want to give this title a 0 and then write an angry letter to Geoff Johns that the target of these comics are not four year old mentally handicapped kids who are incapable of understanding something unless it is explicitly told to them.

I'm going to rate this 2.5
Last edited by Dragavon on Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

john lewis hawk
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 30324
Likes: 16 posts
Liked in: 506 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Southern California
Title: not here


Re: Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Postby john lewis hawk » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:15 pm

You guys are fuckin' ridiculous.

Zero
User avatar
Zombie Guard
 
Posts: 9252
Likes: 20 posts
Liked in: 65 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:00 am
Location: The Frozen North
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian


Re: Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Postby Zero » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:17 pm

Larfleeze Christmas Thing #1 or whatever.

I don't read Green Lantern because it makes me sleepy.

I don't buy Christmas specials because I'm Scroogelike in my curmudgeoning and Tiny-Timlike in my poverty.

I haven't been able to get to a comic shop this week nor will I be able to for the rest of the year. However this comic has produced the most ridiculous argument since the discovery that Punchy's vaunted principles rebuilt Avengers mansion off-panel and filled it with lipstick lesbians and rigged polls. That alone is worth a better score than that issue of Booster Gold the other week.

Forty out of Ten

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Re: Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Postby ****** » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:20 pm

john lewis hawk wrote:You guys are fuckin' ridiculous.


Yes, that's why you fit right in.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 44 guests

Advertisement
cron