Advertisement

Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Liked in: 32 posts
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak

Re: Review Group Week #254: Larfleeze Christmas Special

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:18 pm

doombug wrote:See this is another reason i've left the group.

He purposely skips a teen titans book that Star picks and claims to have reviewed it, constantly bitches about reviewing books and skips Batwoman and Larfleeze on principle.

Why is he allowed to continue posting in the group when he just creates drama?

I've known Punchy for seven years and was the second person from OldRama that I was "friends" with on facebook.

He's a smart guy, is passionate about comics, and hasn't fallen into the pitfall of jadedness that sometimes seems to pervade this board and the internet comic book community in general. Sometimes, I disagree with those passions, but it's better than being blinded by apathy about a hobby.

He's "allowed" to keep posting here because 1) it is an open group. You post reviews, you're a member. 2) Punchy is one of (if not the oldest) member in terms of membership. Next to Snow, no one's contributed more to the group and he's one of the biggest contributors to the site in general. 3) No offense, but you're not a member, so why the hell should I listen to you? I take a look at the spreadsheet and active members, and I see Punchy's name but not yours. Don't come in here trying to get people kicked out just because you don't like what he has to say. Feel free to bicker, but honestly, I don't give a shit unless your name is on the active member's list.

Sorry if this comes off pissy, but frankly, I am in a pissy mood. Maybe you'll get an apology from me later, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Advertisement

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 226 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:23 pm

Fuck, the review group just got real and shit. :cry:
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby ****** » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:27 pm

noone wrote:Fuck, the review group just got real and shit. :-D

fify

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 785 posts
Title: It's a thing
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:32 pm

Victorious Squid wrote:

Really? Because I'm sick to shit of non-members who do nothing but bitch about the group regarding some review group thread they read and didn't like 8 months ago voting in the polls.

Those people can approach the edge of a cliff for all I care.

Well maybe if the first ten page of the review group wasn't all bitching, there'd be less bitching about things.

I keep thinking I'd read this thread and get an idea of what a book is like, but that rarely happens.

Yeah I'm not part of the RG, but maybe a seperate thread for the RG bitching and the actual reviews wuld be better. Whatever.

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 785 posts
Title: It's a thing
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:34 pm

BlueStreak wrote:
I've known Punchy for seven years and was the second person from OldRama that I was "friends" with on facebook.

He's a smart guy, is passionate about comics, and hasn't fallen into the pitfall of jadedness that sometimes seems to pervade this board and the internet comic book community in general. Sometimes, I disagree with those passions, but it's better than being blinded by apathy about a hobby.

He's "allowed" to keep posting here because 1) it is an open group. You post reviews, you're a member. 2) Punchy is one of (if not the oldest) member in terms of membership. Next to Snow, no one's contributed more to the group and he's one of the biggest contributors to the site in general. 3) No offense, but you're not a member, so why the hell should I listen to you? I take a look at the spreadsheet and active members, and I see Punchy's name but not yours. Don't come in here trying to get people kicked out just because you don't like what he has to say. Feel free to bicker, but honestly, I don't give a shit unless your name is on the active member's list.

Sorry if this comes off pissy, but frankly, I am in a pissy mood. Maybe you'll get an apology from me later, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Yeah, even if I wasn't a month behind on my books... I don't think I'd participate in this.

I'll try to remember not to check in again. Sorry I do keep forgetting.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 95 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:37 pm

John Snow wrote:
I'll take drama over mazes and cookie recipes every time!

This week we have both!

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 296 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:37 pm

I'll gladly give Punchy the book. SEVERAL TIMES OVER. :-D

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:39 pm

:smt102
sdsichero wrote:
Yeah, even if I wasn't a month behind on my books... I don't think I'd participate in this.

I'll try to remember not to check in again. Sorry I do keep forgetting.

Two things: 1) I'm not discouraging posters to read the thread, nor am I complaining about the bitching that goes on in it. What I don't like are non-members bitching about members in the thread and wanting them kicked out of the group, especially when they act like that one person is responsible for all the drama involved. He's not. It takes two (or more) to tango. If Punchy's the action, there needs to be reaction to cause all the drama. I'm not going to entertain the thought of kicking a member out because his opinions aren't popular.

2) It's week 254 of the Review Group. It is what it is. Short of wholesale membership change, this is what you get. If it offends anyone that badly, just ignore me and you won't have to see the Review Group thread.

Postby ****** » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:40 pm

Zechs wrote:I'll gladly give Punchy the book. SEVERAL TIMES OVER. :-D

That's not very greedy of you!

Eli Katz
OMCTO

Liked in: 66 posts
Title: Avatar Winner, Apr 2012

Postby Eli Katz » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:41 pm

This book has tear-out pages. How appropriate: it makes it easier for me to rip it up.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 296 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:42 pm

Eli Katz wrote:This book has tear-out pages. How appropriate: it makes it easier for me to rip it up.

:cry:

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Postby ****** » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:43 pm

Eli Katz wrote:This book has tear-out pages. How appropriate: it makes it easier for me to rip it up.

That's not going to be as fun on my illegally downloaded copy. :evil:

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 226 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:44 pm

sdsichero wrote:
Well maybe if the first ten page of the review group wasn't all bitching, there'd be less bitching about things.

I keep thinking I'd read this thread and get an idea of what a book is like, but that rarely happens.

Yeah I'm not part of the RG, but maybe a seperate thread for the RG bitching and the actual reviews wuld be better. Whatever.

Fuck that noise. We had drama less threads, you guys still didn't post.

There is a fucking article at the end of every week. You just want reviews? That's why it exists.

CRAZY - doing the same shit over and over, expecting something different to happen.
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 425 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:45 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
I just sent you a PM, sorry about taking so long.

And Squid just let me know that he can't afford to send his copy anywhere outside the US. :-(

Anyone else?

Thank you Troy for the sig

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:48 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
And Squid just let me know that he can't afford to send his copy anywhere outside the US. :-(

Anyone else?

If Phoenix sends out his copy to Greg, I'll send mine to you.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand