Advertisement

Review Group Week #265: Ultimate Spider-Man #155

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

fieldy snuts
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 18283
Likes: 6 posts
Liked in: 11 posts
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:34 pm
Location: The 3040
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones


Online


Re: Review Group Week #265: Ultimate Spider-Man #155

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:12 pm

john lewis hawk wrote:Even Didio thinks Marvel's better.

Except for the best book in DC's clip: Outsiders

Advertisement

Starlord
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 35133
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: Michigan


Re: Review Group Week #265: Ultimate Spider-Man #155

Postby Starlord » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:23 pm

Sweet James Jones wrote:Except for the best book in DC's clip: Outsiders


:smt021
Image

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Starlord
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 35133
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: Michigan


Re: Review Group Week #265: Ultimate Spider-Man #155

Postby Starlord » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:24 pm

BlueStreak wrote:
Sadly he does. He sits in my living room on the floor and reads the non-Marvel stuff.



I think he had impeccable taste. :D
Image

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

john lewis hawk
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 29178
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 4 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Southern California
Title: not here


Re: Review Group Week #265: Ultimate Spider-Man #155

Postby john lewis hawk » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:40 pm

BlueStreak wrote:
Sadly he does. He sits in my living room on the floor and reads the non-Marvel stuff.

Then it's your duty to get him some damn good books!!

Starlord too!!

doombug
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 12890
Likes: 15 posts
Liked in: 6 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:48 pm
Location: Holden, Ma


Re: Review Group Week #265: Ultimate Spider-Man #155

Postby doombug » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:42 pm

Hopefully I find this the Snow way by the end of the weekend. hate not reading comics weekly. :cry:
Image

Image

guitarsmashley
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 15348
Likes: 8 posts
Liked in: 13 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 pm
Title: Self Important


Re: Review Group Week #265: Ultimate Spider-Man #155

Postby guitarsmashley » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:35 am

Frank Einstein wrote:
Ah okay, I know what it is. Is the Review Group ready for that much penis in a comic book?


It fucking better be. Penis and Vagina.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.


doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk



I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Image

S.F. Jude Terror
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 74747
Likes: 80 posts
Liked in: 71 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Up Your Ass
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror


Re: Review Group Week #265: Ultimate Spider-Man #155

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:18 am

I really enjoyed the JJJ scene in this book. The dialog was really cutesy non-stop throughout the entire book, and it was a little bit annoying, even as a huge fan of The Great One. Maybe I'm just not used to it since I stopped reading due to the horrific art of David Lafuente. That being said, Chris Samnee is much, much better. I'm a big fan of his since his portrayal of Volstag in Siege: Embedded. It's good to see Peter back with Mary Jane. I do have to question the wisdom of Peter getting a job that he can "not show up to and not get fired," it's basically like saying "let's eliminate this angle for all future plotlines." Seems silly. However, I guess since Spider-Man will be "dying" in a few issues, it may be a "let's finally give him everything he wants right before he loses it all forever" type of thing, which would explain him getting MJ back as well (this also effectively makes this issue better than every issue of ASM for the past two years). Why you would have the Ultimate version of your character, a teenager, be with Mary Jane, but the 40 year old mainstream universe character has to be a hip young swinger is baffling to me.

Story: 7
Art: 10
Overall: 8.5
Image
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

BlueStreak
User avatar
The Red Stands for Irony
 
Posts: 12218
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:06 pm
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak


Re: Review Group Week #265: Ultimate Spider-Man #155

Postby BlueStreak » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:31 am

john lewis hawk wrote:Then it's your duty to get him some damn good books!!

Starlord too!!


It's a process. Last time he was over, he went through my box of comics from the last two months or so. Hopefully something besides DC caught his interest.
Image

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Re: Review Group Week #265: Ultimate Spider-Man #155

Postby Victorian Squid » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:58 pm

There's just only so many comics about one-handed swimmers..
Image

Rockman
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 26692
Likes: 13 posts
Liked in: 16 posts
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:25 pm
Formerly: AMS


Re: Review Group Week #265: Ultimate Spider-Man #155

Postby Rockman » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:00 pm

Viscous Skid wrote:There's just only so many comics about one-handed swimmers..


This time they should chop off both his hands, that would make the character interesting finally.

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Re: Review Group Week #265: Ultimate Spider-Man #155

Postby Victorian Squid » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:08 pm

AMS wrote:
This time they should chop off both his hands, that would make the character interesting finally.


'Cause he'd have to dog-paddle everywhere then..
Image

Starlord
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 35133
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: Michigan


Re: Review Group Week #265: Ultimate Spider-Man #155

Postby Starlord » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:28 pm

Jude Terror wrote:I really enjoyed the JJJ scene in this book. The dialog was really cutesy non-stop throughout the entire book, and it was a little bit annoying, even as a huge fan of The Great One. Maybe I'm just not used to it since I stopped reading due to the horrific art of David Lafuente. That being said, Chris Samnee is much, much better. I'm a big fan of his since his portrayal of Volstag in Siege: Embedded. It's good to see Peter back with Mary Jane. I do have to question the wisdom of Peter getting a job that he can "not show up to and not get fired," it's basically like saying "let's eliminate this angle for all future plotlines." Seems silly. However, I guess since Spider-Man will be "dying" in a few issues, it may be a "let's finally give him everything he wants right before he loses it all forever" type of thing, which would explain him getting MJ back as well (this also effectively makes this issue better than every issue of ASM for the past two years). Why you would have the Ultimate version of your character, a teenager, be with Mary Jane, but the 40 year old mainstream universe character has to be a hip young swinger is baffling to me.

Story: 7
Art: 10
Overall: 8.5


:smt011 You really are becoming the Anti-Chap in my eyes.
Image

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

BlueStreak
User avatar
The Red Stands for Irony
 
Posts: 12218
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:06 pm
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak



S.F. Jude Terror
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 74747
Likes: 80 posts
Liked in: 71 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Up Your Ass
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror


Re: Review Group Week #265: Ultimate Spider-Man #155

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:02 pm

starlord wrote:
:smt011 You really are becoming the Anti-Chap in my eyes.


Chap loves David LaFuente's spikey-haired anime art and supported OMD? :?
Image
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Starlord
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 35133
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: Michigan


Re: Review Group Week #265: Ultimate Spider-Man #155

Postby Starlord » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:51 pm

Jude Terror wrote:
Chap loves David LaFuente's spikey-haired anime art and supported OMD? :?


Other than that. :P
Image

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Kravis, psbot [Picsearch] and 50 guests

Advertisement