Tuesday, August 30, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "Bring your own straight jacket."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review Group Week #273: Avengers Academy #13

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed May 11, 2011 6:28 am

thefourthman wrote:It is not a perfectly fine phrase, it is redundant and meaningless. If anyone said "various and various" to describe something you would even say it was stupid, but because you are using "various and another word which is defined as various" it is okay and your argument is other stupid people have used the phrase for years, get off my lawn, it's not my fault.


Oh just fuck off.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed May 11, 2011 6:29 am

Punchy wrote:
Oh just fuck off.

see, that is a perfectly fine phrase. :-D
User avatar

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Wed May 11, 2011 6:33 am

It's like watching The Golden Girls...
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed May 11, 2011 6:34 am

Zero wrote:It's like watching The Golden Girls...

are you calling me old, fuckwich?
User avatar

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Wed May 11, 2011 6:39 am

Now now Blanche, don't drag me into it
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed May 11, 2011 6:40 am

Zero wrote:Now now Blanche, don't drag me into it


Is fourthy going to turn a whole generation gay?
User avatar

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am

Punchy wrote:
Is fourthy going to turn a whole generation gay?


Quiet, Rose.

******

Postby ****** » Wed May 11, 2011 7:38 am

Sgt. Marvel was right.
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed May 11, 2011 7:41 am

"Various and sundry" is a corruption or change over time from the phrase "All and sundry" which meant "everyone, individually and collectively". It dates back to Old English in origin, I think.

Some phrases persist because of the way they sound when being spoken, and I think that's why the altered and slightly less meaningful "various and sundry" has.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed May 11, 2011 7:42 am

John Snow wrote:Sgt. Marvel was right.

Context, please.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed May 11, 2011 7:43 am

Victorian Squid wrote:"Various and sundry" is a corruption or change over time from the phrase "All and sundry" which meant "everyone, individually and collectively". It dates back to Old English in origin, I think.

Some phrases persist because of the way they sound when being spoken, and I think that's why the altered and slightly less meaningful "various and sundry" has.

You forget to weigh in on whether or not it is a stupid phrase.

******

Postby ****** » Wed May 11, 2011 7:47 am

thefourthman wrote:Context, please.


Your 'fights' with Punchy make the threads tedious.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed May 11, 2011 7:49 am

John Snow wrote:
Your 'fights' with Punchy make the threads tedious.

Your face make the threads tedious.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed May 11, 2011 7:51 am

Does Fourthman go crazy when someone mentions 'ATM Machines'?
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed May 11, 2011 7:53 am

Punchy wrote:Does Fourthman go crazy when someone mentions 'ATM Machines'?

I have never heard that phrase before. I assume it is only used by idiots who say things like "various and sundry".

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Draco x, FaceBook [Linkcheck], Google [Bot] and 38 guests