Advertisement

Review Group Week #278: Flashpoint: Emperor Aquaman #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 95 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Re: Review Group Week #278: Flashpoint: Emperor Aquaman #1

Postby Punchy » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:37 pm

Zero wrote:
New Avengers, Wolverine and USM. This week. All spoiled. USM I kinda care about the other two not so much. And you should be positive about the books you like but honestly you seem to buy and enjoy a lot of what seem like very mediocre comics so I tend to take your enthusiasm with a pinch of salt.

If I like them they aren't mediocre :P

Advertisement

Zero
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 65 posts
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Postby Zero » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:38 pm

Punchy wrote:
If I like them they aren't mediocre :P

75% of the time that is the opposite of true.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 4 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:38 pm

There was that thing where all those people swore to make good comics threads regularly and put their names in purple, that lasted like a week.

(Yes Jude, your LOLTron posts count.)

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:38 pm

John Snow wrote:
Punchy used to start a lot of the individual threads. Now he just throws out a bunch of spoilers in that thread and individual threads never get started.

I stopped because nobody posted in them and they dropped off the front page quicker than Barry Allen.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 411 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:40 pm

AMS wrote:Words cannot express how powerful this particular piece of literature was. And I do mean literature, this is easily on par with Great expectations or any of Shakespeare's finest work.

First this book stars aquaman. A character which has always had a special place in the hearts of comic book fans. A character so enigmatic, so intriguing, so fliacid even the staunchest of haters can appreciate him. Who hasn't walked around their house and though "Gee I wish I could talk to fish, they could do my chores for me and junk" Of course Aquaman doesn't use his gifts for such trivial things, he used it to ignite our atmospheres with awesomeness and I am left totally ignited.

Secondly I don't know who did that art, but it was like flipping through a photoalbum instead of a comic book, it was that impressive. When A-dawg (my ultra hip nickname for aquaman) talk that nasty shark a lesson I thought I had just watched a deleted scenes from Jaws or something, instead this time this shark was killed by an a veritable calvalcade of awesomeness rather than a cheaply made bomb.

Again let me reiterate this book is a massive success. It will change your life, it will make women weep in pleasure, it will make men cower in shame of their lack of awesomeness and it will unite this group if you let it.

I now support Aquaman for president of the United states after this.

11 billion dorsel fins out of ten.

**There is no conversion chart for dorsel fins to review group review points I'm afraid.

:smt023
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:40 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:There was that thing where all those people swore to make good comics threads regularly and put their names in purple, that lasted like a week.

(Yes Jude, your LOLTron posts count.)

OMCTO

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby ****** » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:42 pm

Punchy wrote:
I stopped because nobody posted in them and they dropped off the front page quicker than Barry Allen.

That was back when Hawk was hammering the forum with Previews. Now all you have to compete with are the press releases.

Which seriously, all the sunshine pumping press releases that get posted here are fucking dumb and I hate them.

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 539 posts
Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:43 pm

Punchy wrote:

I think someone should be dedicated to doing it, not saying it is you. Maybe Loltron should automatically do it.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:44 pm

Someone get Snow a Slush Puppie®, I think he's caught the DC Revamp Brain Fever in one of the other threads..

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:45 pm

I know what Punchy's saying, you would post about something you really like, take a little time to write it, and not a single person would respond. Or almost no one would read it. I let Royal do all that shit now.

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Liked in: 32 posts
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:46 pm

John Snow wrote:
That was back when Hawk was hammering the forum with Previews. Now all you have to compete with are the press releases.

Which seriously, all the sunshine pumping press releases that get posted here are fucking dumb and I hate them.

Maybe our next step should be to have a PressReleaseTron?

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby ****** » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:46 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:Someone get Snow a Slush Puppie®, I think he's caught the DC Revamp Brain Fever in one of the other threads..

OMG! Did you see Bart Allen's mask?!?!?! :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Liked in: 32 posts
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:47 pm

John Snow wrote:
OMG! Did you see Bart Allen's mask?!?!?! :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013

I was actually a little proud of the Outhouse today with the Teen Titans release.

Compared to some other comment threads and boards, we had very nuanced and informed opinions.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:50 pm

John Snow wrote:

:lol:

Sure it's Tim Drake--but it's not my Tim Drake. My Tim Drake is dead now forever. And ever and ever. And all my comics, now worthless! WORTHLESS!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:51 pm

OK, so I just posted a separate thread for all the books I read this week (apart from Mystery Men, which already has the interview thread, and this book, and for Supreme Power, which I'm front-paging), let's see how well they do.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand