Wednesday, August 24, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "The number two comic book website."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review Group Week #298: Wolverine and the X-Men #1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:19 am

guitarsmashley wrote:I don't know why but this thread just "feels" better and more inviting. Sort of like a new pair of underwear or drunk coeds vagina.

Screw you!

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:20 am

I have not decided how the trade dress will factor into my review. Obviously, this is a pretty crucial part of the book and may be the deciding factor between giving it a 10 or a Punchy 7.

Greg

Rain Partier

Postby Greg » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:43 am

Punchy wrote:
Screw you!

:lol:

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:38 pm

John Snow wrote:
Dream on, bub.

please... :-(

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:45 pm

BlueStreak wrote:I have not decided how the trade dress will factor into my review. Obviously, this is a pretty crucial part of the book and may be the deciding factor between giving it a 10 or a Punchy 7.

Comic was great, maybe even deserving of a Zero 8.

contramundi

cheese

Postby contramundi » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:03 pm

awesome stiry here,loved the brood and the shiar excange students,the pace was good,it was just a single issue of a tour of the mansion but it felt much more,cant wait to see a quentin quire vs kid gladiator match :-D

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:14 pm

This was great, even the list of the classes at the back was hilarious.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:54 pm

Punchy wrote:
Screw you!

What? I mean it's been of over the last few months but, It was more of a dry prickly anus.

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:12 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:
What? I mean it's been of over the last few months but, It was more of a dry prickly anus.

Last week was pretty fun, especially after Punchy's hilarious reaction to the USM beatdown.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:10 pm

Really fun book, loved the class lists at the end :lol:

Review will come around tomorrow.

Daringd

Review Grouper

Postby Daringd » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:34 pm

I'll have a review for this on Friday but I have read it. I thought it was amazing

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:07 pm

I can't wait to get my books tomorrow. You guys have me looking forward to this.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:38 am

wow, I haven't read scalped yet today but I can't imagine it was anything but amazing. I read Hulk, I read this and they were both amazing. There was no real action to speak of in this issue and really that tells you how great Aaron is. The X-men are about action or at least they are if they aren't written by Claremont and well...good. I can't say enough good things about Aaron or the story. I am a fan of Bachalo....but I did not like his work in this issue. Certain scenes didn't follow like the coffee pot thing. Fortunately the story and the no clue direction way this book is going makes up for it. I can only hope they never let Aaron write Avengers or an event book beyond Schism because I don't know if I can handle Aarongate.

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:59 am

More thoughts later, but I didn't dislike it.

Lots of crazy ideas, good art, and a moderately fun attitude towards the whole situation. I still think the concept behind the book is a bit absurd, but I'm glad they address that in the first issue.

Greg

Rain Partier

Postby Greg » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:02 am

I skimmed through it at the shop and but it in my pull list. The art was gorgeous.

leave a comment with facebook