Advertisement

Review: Infinity #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Liked in: 29 posts
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak

Re: Review: Infinity #1

Postby BlueStreak » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:37 pm

Chris wrote:When you throw around the words "villains" and "fascist" in regards to the Avengers, I can't help but not take you seriously. I'm sorry. :D

I hate when the Avengers fight fascists and villains too. I'd much rather them beat up on teenagers and minorities like they did in AvX.

(Sorry, I had to. :P )

Advertisement

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 151 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:42 pm

Grayson wrote:I think that there may be a level of miscommunication going on here. I actually really enjoy the current New Avengers series and I enjoyed the first issue of Infinity. You got more for your money out of the first issue of Infinity than you did out of the first 4-5 issues of Age of Ultron.

I'll even go one step further and say that I really enjoy the fact that New Avengers is exposing the Illuminati for their hypocrisy. My problem, like Jude's, is the fact that the Illuminati gets to do whatever they want because they feel that they have the right to do it and get away with it. We know that this is far from the first time they have done something like this and if they aren't exposed it won't be the last. While all of this is going on, a man who has been a hero his entire life is being hated and hunted because of a decision that he made under the impression that he was also correct. I am greatly intrigued by both stories but I want the Illuminati's actions to be revealed to the general public (in the Marvel Universe) and I want to see how the writer's react to this revelation. Will they be deservedly treated as harshly as Scott Summers or will they realize that they have been unfair to him?

Well the main reason they're getting to do what they want is because nobody really knows what they're up to right now. That may change by the end of Infinity, though.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1065 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:56 pm

Juan Cena wrote:Well the main reason they're getting to do what they want is because nobody really knows what they're up to right now.

That's because, despite the fact that the events in New Avengers have been unfolding over the course of a few weeks (months?), the Illuminati haven't deemed anybody else in the Marvel Universe worthy enough to know about their little secret.

That may change by the end of Infinity, though.

We'll see.
ImageImageImage

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:23 pm

Grayson wrote:
That's because, despite the fact that the events in New Avengers have been unfolding over the course of a few weeks (months?), the Illuminati haven't deemed anybody else in the Marvel Universe worthy enough to know about their little secret.

We'll see.

From how it sounds in New Avengers, it's been more like weeks. Not much over a month.

You keep acting like the Illuminati are going to come out of this smelling like a rose, which will im most all probability won't happen. Stark's gonna pay for mindwiping Cap, Black Panther and Namor are gonna end up in a death match by the end, it sounds like Dr. Strange is gonna pay a big price for using his magiks in this mess. Black Bolt will most probably lose his throne over this, and someone is gonna end up banging Black Swan (which won't end well).

- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 472 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:31 am

Chris wrote:I have yet to hear a reasonable solution other than what they're doing, by the way. I keep hearing "they should ask for help!"

Ask who? Who is equipped to deal with this?

Well, for starters, how about Reed Richards? As I recall, nobody even bothered to phone him.

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 174 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:51 pm

Amoebas wrote:Well, for starters, how about Reed Richards? As I recall, nobody even bothered to phone him.

Are you even reading New Avengers/Infinity/etc at the moment? :lol:

Yes they've called Reed...he's one of the Illuminati!

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:29 pm

chap22 wrote:Are you even reading New Avengers/Infinity/etc at the moment? :lol:

Amoebas has read it before. He's b!tched about it a lot. Mostly because it flies right over his pointy little head.

- Sons of the Desert

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 107 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:55 pm

BlueStreak wrote:
I hate when the Avengers fight fascists and villains too. I'd much rather them beat up on teenagers and minorities like they did in AvX.

(Sorry, I had to. :P )

What exactly did they do on AvX ?

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:28 pm

chap22 wrote:Are you even reading New Avengers/Infinity/etc at the moment? :lol:

I was referring to AvX.

And yes I read Infinity - and I can't get over how hard Hickman worked to keep Thanos a surprise until the end :lol: (is there anyone on the planet who didn't figure this out from (at least) the cover?).

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 48 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:30 pm

Amoebas wrote:I was referring to AvX.

Why?

The post you quoted was talking about New Avengers/Infinity.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:33 pm

Arion wrote:
What exactly did they do on AvX ?

For one thing - here's Thor walloping a kid he's never met.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:34 pm

Chris wrote:
Why?

Don't confuse Amoebas with the facts!

- Sons of the Desert

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:36 pm

Chris wrote:
Why?

You and Grayson were going on about both New Avengers and AvX. I jumped in the middle when I shouldn't have. The end.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 48 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:37 pm

:outhouse:

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 88 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:57 am

Amoebas wrote:I was referring to AvX.

And yes I read Infinity - and I can't get over how hard Hickman worked to keep Thanos a surprise until the end :lol: (is there anyone on the planet who didn't figure this out from (at least) the cover?).

Thanos was on page 12.

:smt102

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand