Advertisement

Review: Nova #3 (Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 360 posts

Postby LOLtron » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:32 pm

Jim Gramm thinks Marvel Cosmic fans should give new Nova Sam Alexander a chance.

Issue three picks up right where issue two left off, with young Sam Alexander on the moon, face to face with The Watcher. While Sam does all of the talking, the Watcher reveals to him that a huge force of spaceships are heading for Earth.

Upon return to his home in Arizona, he once again is greeted by Rocket Raccoon and Gamora. They explain that they need his help now that his Father left the power of Nova to him. This leads into a nice training montage of Sam learning how to be a member of the Nova Corps with the teachings of Gamora and Rocket.

In training, Sam mentions to Gamora and Rocket that he ran into the Watcher on the moon and that he showed him a pending Earth invasion. With that information, the two trainers send Sam to scout this invasion and find out their location. Despite assurances that Nova would go under the radar of the assumed Chitauri forces by his trainers, Nova is spotted as soon as he enters Chitauri airspace with a energy blast heading straight towards him.

I really enjoyed this issue, and, in general, this series has been a lot of fun to read. I enjoy the art by McGuinness, especially the new-look Nova costume he has created for Sam, including the black helmet. While fans may still be mourning the death of Richard Rider, I urge readers to give Sam Alexander a chance.

Written or Contributed by Jim Gramm

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 484 posts

Re: Review: Nova #3 (Spoilers)

Postby GHERU » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:46 pm

damn fine book
although, this issue did make me wonder when its going on in relation to AvX
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 349 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:05 pm

GHERU wrote:damn fine book
although, this issue did make me wonder when its going on in relation to AvX

i think it's the origin story, AvX and then back again.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 109 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:22 am

fieldy snuts wrote:
i think it's the origin story, AvX and then back again.

Yep, it goes:

This arc
His short story in the first Point One book.
AvX
His short story in the second Point One book
The next arc by Wells and Medina

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand