Advertisement

Review: Wolverine: Origins #8

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 233 posts

Review: Wolverine: Origins #8

Postby LOLtron » Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:48 pm

Title: Wolverine: Origins #8Writer: Daniel WayArtist: Steve DillonPublisher: MarvelReviewed by the Review Bitches (Tony (DeadFett) Mourlot and Trachman)Tony (DeadFett) Mourlot: With each issue of Wolverine: Origins I have hope it improves. I like the character and was excited when the series was announced. So far, the book has been plagued by bad pacing and revelations [...]
ImageTitle: Wolverine: Origins #8
Writer: Daniel Way
Artist: Steve Dillon
Publisher: Marvel
Reviewed by the Review Bitches (Tony (DeadFett) Mourlot and Trachman)

Tony (DeadFett) Mourlot: With each issue of Wolverine: Origins I have hope it improves. I like the character and was excited when the series was announced. So far, the book has been plagued by bad pacing and revelations that feel like Way is trying to force Logan into Marvel continuity where he doesn’t need to be. Was this issue any different? What were you thoughts on this issue, Trachman?

Trachman: I agree that most of it is poorly written. I enjoyed the “Origins And Endings” Wolverine arc. It felt like it was building up towards something really exciting. With Origins it feels like Way dropped the ball. It’s not telling us anything new about Wolverine and that’s basically my beef with series. Dillion’s art is decent, but that’s all I can say. Nothing that entertaining.

Tony: See I didn’t even enjoy the Origins and Endings arc. I had hopes that since they decided to do this as an on-going that Way was saving all the good stuff for this title. So far, there has been nothing good. This issue was just a rehash of the time Logan spent working for the CIA with Sabretooth and Maverick. They know damn well what everyone wants to know, and that’s Weapon X, and I’m sure Way will get to it eventually. Let’s just hope the readership doesn’t bail out before he gets to it.

As for the art, I like Steve Dillon’s work usually but not on this book. I’m not sure if it’s due to the poor writing or if it’s just that I don’t think his style is good with the spandex scene.

Having said all that, I’ll continue to buy this book. Why? After all the negative things I’ve said? Well, I love Wolverine and want to know about where he came from.

To discuss.

Posted originally: 2006-11-12 21:48:42

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand