Advertisement

Ryan Choi Back As Atom?

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Chesscub
User avatar
WTF is this rank?
 
Posts: 11631
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 7 posts
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:22 pm
Location: Dracut, MA
Title: Bear du jour


Re: Ryan Choi Back As Atom?

Postby Chesscub » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:50 am

guitarsmashley wrote:it sucks that they're doing this now instead of letting Rick Remender keep writing Atom he told me some of his atom plans a few years ago, that book was going places.


Remender's Atom was a big steaming pile of suck.

Advertisement

chap22
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 21441
Likes: 32 posts
Liked in: 174 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: Missi-by God-ssippi, a.k.a. Chapveria
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon


Re: Ryan Choi Back As Atom?

Postby chap22 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:54 am

Chesscub wrote:
Remender's Atom was a big steaming pile of suck.

Testify!
Image
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

e_galston
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 19563
Likes: 338 posts
Liked in: 530 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:38 pm
Location: Frederick, MD
Formerly: Sitebreaker


Re: Ryan Choi Back As Atom?

Postby e_galston » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:00 am

fahd wrote:
There is only one Batman in the new universe?


correct, only one Flash too (since Jay is not around).
Image

MrBlack
User avatar
WTF is this rank?
 
Posts: 11364
Likes: 50 posts
Liked in: 119 posts
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:03 am


Re: Ryan Choi Back As Atom?

Postby MrBlack » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:05 am

guitarsmashley wrote:it sucks that they're doing this now instead of letting Rick Remender keep writing Atom he told me some of his atom plans a few years ago, that book was going places.

Remender's Atom had potential, but the shift in tone from Gail Simone's run was too jarring. It might have ended up being a cool run, but he might as well have been writing an entirely different book with an entirely different main character.

Dragavon
User avatar
Podcaster
 
Posts: 18507
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:35 am
Location: NJ
Title: Married
Formerly: Ben Reilly


Re: Ryan Choi Back As Atom?

Postby Dragavon » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:45 pm

fahd wrote:
There is only one Batman in the new universe?

As far as I know.

There are the people Batman has recruited but none of them are called Batman. The guy from Africa is called Batwing. The gypsy is called Nightwing.
Image

Johnny Smith
User avatar
Motherfucker from Hell
 
Posts: 2310
Likes: 23 posts
Liked in: 166 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:59 am
Title: Metadata Broker


Re: Ryan Choi Back As Atom?

Postby Johnny Smith » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:51 pm

this is good news, I like ryan choi

blah
rubber spoon
 
Posts: 6311
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:28 pm


Re: Ryan Choi Back As Atom?

Postby blah » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:13 pm

Dragavon wrote:As far as I know.

There are the people Batman has recruited but none of them are called Batman. The guy from Africa is called Batwing. The gypsy is called Nightwing.


This means that Batman's in at least two teams, JL and the one with Booster Gold. Thought there'd be at least a couple.

blah
rubber spoon
 
Posts: 6311
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:28 pm


Re: Ryan Choi Back As Atom?

Postby blah » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:16 pm

e_galston wrote:
correct, only one Flash too (since Jay is not around).

alright

guitarsmashley
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 16314
Likes: 280 posts
Liked in: 411 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 pm
Title: Self Important


Re: Ryan Choi Back As Atom?

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:18 pm

chap22 wrote:I have never disagreed with you more. Remender's Atom was fucking AWFUL.


Why do you hurt me so?
Chesscub wrote:
Remender's Atom was a big steaming pile of suck.


You can go to hell, You can go to hell and you die.

MrBlack wrote:Remender's Atom had potential, but the shift in tone from Gail Simone's run was too jarring. It might have ended up being a cool run, but he might as well have been writing an entirely different book with an entirely different main character.


I didn't read Simone's so no jarring for me. I picked up the book for Remender and after talking with him and the eventual crossover that would have happened with Booster Gold then I think Chap would have ended up loving the book....so there.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.


doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk



I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Image

bkthomson
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 23426
Likes: 7 posts
Liked in: 45 posts
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:14 pm
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse


Re: Ryan Choi Back As Atom?

Postby bkthomson » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:22 pm

If they bring back Ryan, then they should also bring back Big Head. :smt013
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

bkthomson
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 23426
Likes: 7 posts
Liked in: 45 posts
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:14 pm
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse


Re: Ryan Choi Back As Atom?

Postby bkthomson » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:23 pm

I do not think Remender issues made the Trades, or was this his Booster Gold issues. Either way, they were very bad.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

chap22
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 21441
Likes: 32 posts
Liked in: 174 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: Missi-by God-ssippi, a.k.a. Chapveria
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon


Re: Ryan Choi Back As Atom?

Postby chap22 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:34 pm

bkthomson wrote:If they bring back Ryan, then they should also bring back Big Head. :smt013

Head was nothing but absolute win.
Image
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 53 guests

Advertisement