Monday, November 20, 2017 • Afternoon Edition • "SCORE! The Outhouse does it again!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Ryan Ottley's art on Invincible.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

AaronW

Rain Partier

Postby AaronW » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:08 pm

I just read #10 and got up to speed trade wise. Great trade, great story, I even started to like Oliver once he went homicidal. Anyway I couldn't wait so I checked out the next couple chapbooks of the title and it seemed to me that the art lost a bit of its detail, the linework seemed a bit off too. Is this just me or has the style changed a bit?

Jack Burton

Fagorstorm

Postby Jack Burton » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:11 pm

I think it's gotten better myself. His design for Conquest is fantastic.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:12 pm

Any change you notice may be due to Cliff Rathburn coming on as inker, rather than Ryan inking himself.

GOSD

Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:19 pm

Punchy wrote:Any change you notice may be due to Cliff Rathburn coming on as inker, rather than Ryan inking himself.
This.

It's still a great book and the change is barely noticeable.

I like Ryan's work over Corey's.

oogy

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby oogy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:41 pm

GOSD wrote:This.

Agreed, though I am super excited to see Corey working on the book again.

GOSD

Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:22 pm

oogyboy wrote:Agreed, though I am super excited to see Corey working on the book again.
Yeah, I'm curious to see if his style has changed or not.

I currently like his work on the Destroyer book @ Marvel. It's interesting in a Brit kind of way.

AaronW

Rain Partier

Postby AaronW » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:43 am

Punchy wrote:Any change you notice may be due to Cliff Rathburn coming on as inker, rather than Ryan inking himself.

That is probably it. The art is still good but not up to the level of the earlier stuff IMO.

AaronW

Rain Partier

Postby AaronW » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:01 am

GOSD wrote:This.

By a mile. I liked Walker's pencils on #1-5 or whatever but Ottley quickly became my favorite artist. Hopefully I can find some stuff of his at Comic-Con.

Jack Burton

Fagorstorm

Postby Jack Burton » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:55 am

Invincible co-creators are Kirkman Walker and in my opinion Ottley.

leave a comment with facebook