Wednesday, May 4, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Outhouser?! We barely know her!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Is It Sad How Little We Talk About DC Nowadays?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

TimDrake'sDumbWings

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:37 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:
Because only there can you contain his icy cold raps.

Isn't the ice-cream-cone-that-shoots-lightning-bolts sufficient to maintain the cold?

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:41 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:
I didn't think ANYBODY loved Gucci Mane. Why does he always sound 80x more compelling on other people's tracks than his own?

I don't know. I don't like his music. I only love his unbelievably awful coonery.

TimDrake'sDumbWings

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:49 pm

Keb wrote:I don't know. I don't like his music. I only love his unbelievably awful coonery.

He's got a good couple bars in that track of Big Boi's last album. I think that was pre-ice-cream-cone?

Regulator

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Regulator » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:03 pm

holtom2000 wrote:I wonder how deep the roots are on new dc readers? Cause I'm a former dc guy who pretty much only reads marvel and Star Wars now. I never thought that would happen.
As for the product, dc has some good creators, and some stuff works, but a lot of it? Pretty much everything wild storm, for starters, bleech. Ravengers? Death stroke? Plus the art. I hate image 90s art.

I've been reading DC since the original JLI, it's just that I'm not overly self-centered and juvenile, therefore I tend not to throw internet tantrums because someone made slight changes to the spandex-clad people I read about. If I don't like something, I stop buying it without feeling the need to launch an internet crusade to tell everyone how horrible it was and how my life has been irrevocably altered for the worse by reading a couple picture books.

PinkDaddy wrote:Yes. It's sad that rumors of behind-the-scenes drama is more interesting than most of the current story lines.

Yes, because the DC lineup before the reboot was a never-ending list of literary masterpieces.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:09 pm

The behind-the-scenes workings are always more interesting than superhero comics.

I would read a comic book series about that in a heartbeat--real or fictional--over any of the stuff Marvel or DC actually publish.

guitargod694

cheese

Postby guitargod694 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:16 pm

Regulator wrote: I tend not to throw internet tantrums because someone made slight changes to the spandex-clad people I read about. If I don't like something, I stop buying it without feeling the need to launch an internet crusade to tell everyone how horrible it was and how my life has been irrevocably altered for the worse by reading a couple picture books.

I'll agree with that. Buy/read what you like... ignore the rest.
But, in the process of finding things you like, there's room for talking about stuff you didn't like and getting recommendations from other people.

But again, that isn't the same and going on and on and on about how bad _____ book is now thanks to the villainy of Dan and the Gang or whatever.

Regulator wrote:Yes, because the DC lineup before the reboot was a never-ending list of literary masterpieces.

Certainly not... but I do still want Secret Six back. :-)

PinkDaddy

Steroid User

Postby PinkDaddy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:01 pm

Maybe DC should make a reality show! That could be fun to watch

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:11 pm

PinkDaddy wrote:Maybe DC should make a reality show! That could be fun to watch

People on reality shows are usually young and attractive though. All comic book creators are a combination of short, fat, and bald.

PinkDaddy

Steroid User

Postby PinkDaddy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:46 pm

Ugh. Scratch that.
But I just remembered some things I DO enjoy more since the reboot. Zatanna. I like her so much more than before. And I'm enjoying Stormwatch

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:51 pm

PinkDaddy wrote:Maybe DC should make a reality show! That could be fun to watch

Do we really need another reality show staring Judd Winnick?

UnionJack

Mad Hatter

Postby UnionJack » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:33 am

I'm reading more DC than anything now, about 20 books.
At first I wasn't too happy about the reboot mainly as I'd invested in 52, Countdown, Brightest Day etc., which I thought was setting the direction for the DCU for the future.
Gave most of the first issues a try then gave those I liked a 6-10 issue trial. I dropped quite a few (still a bit miffed about the reboot) but have found myself coming back to many of them.
I'll tell you what I don't like because I like pretty much everything else;

The Superman Family of books - seems to have lost the sense of nobility & heroism that was core to the character. Just don't like it which saddens me as I'd bought every Supes book since COIE.

GL - actually went off these books before the reboot. Too bloodthirsty & 90s for my liking. Reboot didn't rectify this trend.

Titans/Ravagers - too 90s, unrecognisable to former incarnations & the characters are pants.

All Wildstorm stuff - always hated it & the reboot didn't change my mind.

Most other stuff I'm loving, especially All-Star Western, Earth 2, Worlds Finest, Aquaman, Wonder Woman (really disliked it at first, gave it another shot, same goes for Flash), Batman, Suicide Squad, Swamp Thing, Animal Man. Overall really enjoying NU52 now.

Marvel however are losing me gradually. Attempts at realism & grittiness and double-shipping plus never-ending 'events' mean I've just about had enough. Not given up but dropping titles gradually.

Sorry, long rambling post.

mrorangesoda

FROGMAN

Postby mrorangesoda » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:02 am

People are only talking about Marvel books in specific threads because they just started. There are dozens of quality titles from other publishers that don't get threads because people around here don't talk about comics all that much anymore (I think Walking Dead is the only series there is consistently a thread about). Most of the news stand is discussion about comics "news". Punchy used to post threads for every book he read (and he had a pretty balance pull list), but stopped because no one really replied to them. Give it a couple months and the Marvel title threads will disappear again.

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:29 am

mrorangesoda wrote:People are only talking about Marvel books in specific threads because they just started. There are dozens of quality titles from other publishers that don't get threads because people around here don't talk about comics all that much anymore (I think Walking Dead is the only series there is consistently a thread about). Most of the news stand is discussion about comics "news". Punchy used to post threads for every book he read (and he had a pretty balance pull list), but stopped because no one really replied to them. Give it a couple months and the Marvel title threads will disappear again.

I thought he stopped because some of those (albeit) few replies were more critical on Punchy than the books he was reviewing.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:32 am

Amoebas wrote:I thought he stopped because some of those (albeit) few replies were more critical on Punchy than the books he was reviewing.

I stopped due to general burnout at writing so much and getting so few replies, and also because my job stopped paying me and I couldn't afford to buy any comics.

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:09 am

Punchy wrote: my job stopped paying me and I couldn't afford to buy any comics.

Why would you work somewhere that doesn't pay you?

leave a comment with facebook