Advertisement

Saga #4 (Go a little deeper Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Saga #4 (Go a little deeper Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:13 am

I continue to be very impressed with how well this book is balancing out-there space weirdness, with the very realistic marriage and family at the centre of it all. This book has two main plotlines, the first is Marko and Alana discussing just who exactly ‘Gwendolyn’ was, which was a story that could pretty much have taken place on Earth, with two normal people just living their lives, that’s not a slight, it means that it really rang true as recognisable human emotions and dialogue. Brian K Vaughan really is one of the best writers of dialogue in comics. This stuff really grounds the more sci-fi elements of the story, and stops it from spinning out of control like the works of Grant Morrison or Matt Fraction sometimes can. The sci-fi stuff here involved The Will visiting ‘Sextillion’ a brothel-planet, which was filled with all sorts of weird aliens fucking each other. But even then, it was balanced with good character stuff, The Will may be a bad guy, but he’s not going to have sex with a child. He’s becoming a very interesting villain, really cool. I’m really enjoying this book, you really get the sense that there’s a whole world out there waiting to be explored, and BKV and Fiona Staples are going to show us it all, but not without forgetting what matters, the characters.

Advertisement

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 41 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Re: Saga #4 (Go a little deeper Spoilers)

Postby Chris » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:57 am

The Will is awesome.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 183 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:04 pm

This and The Unwritten are the two best books out right now.

Hab

PDH
penile prisoner

Liked in: 71 posts

Postby PDH » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:26 am

Yeah, I'm really loving this series. It's one of my favourite comics right now.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand