Advertisement

Saga #6 - spoilers

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

The Bass

Liked in: 61 posts

Re: Saga #6 - spoilers

Postby The Bass » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:04 am

Holland Oats wrote:
I'm sure he won't use them again ever at all, in either of his Avengers books that will be shipping three times a month.

New Avengers is the cast of Secret Warriors, Runaways and Young Avengers

Advertisement

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 49 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:53 am

The Bass wrote:
New Avengers is the cast of Secret Warriors, Runaways and Young Avengers

... maybe you missed the sarcasm in my post. That's what I was implying.

The Bass

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby The Bass » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:03 pm

Why didn't you say that then.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:07 pm

I should post a sarcasm warning before posts where I am being clearly sarcastic so simpletons don't have trouble understanding my posts from now on. I agree.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:08 pm

habitual wrote:
The Unwritten has totally been knocking it out of the park for me lately, otherwise I'd agree with this hands down.

I still can't decide.

Hab

I read The Unwritten in trade, and it's been so long since the last one I can't compare. But yeah, I LOVE The Unwritten.

PDH
penile prisoner

Liked in: 90 posts

Postby PDH » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:44 pm

Unwritten is great but I think I prefer Saga, even at this early stage. That's how good it is.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:44 pm

The first arc of Saga ends with what may be the series’ defining image so far, that of the Rocketship. It’s not like any Rocketship you may have seen before. It grew out of the ground, and it’s made of wood and it’s goddamn awesome. The ship is emblematic of everything that’s so good about Saga. It’s Brian K Vaughan’s amazing imagination coming up with something really weird, and then Fiona Staples drawing it perfectly. From Hazel’s narration it looks like this ship is going to be home for Marko and Alana and Hazel for the foreseeable future, so it had to look good, and thankfully, it did. This issue also once again featured good moments from outside the main family, as both Prince Robot IV and The Will got important scenes. The Will especially is becoming a very fascinating character, and he looks like being the title’s breakout star. It makes sense, he’s bad-ass, and he’s a lot deeper than you’d expect. Then at the end, Marko’s parents show up. It’s very fun how BKV is kind of filtering familial and parental stories through his mad science-fiction universe. I’m sure most parents have to deal with troublesome in-laws, and now we’ll see those problems writ large, only with magic and intergalactic war. The 2-month wait for #7 will be a long one, but it just gives me time to re-read these first 6 and force each and every one of you to get the trade when it comes out. You won’t regret.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand