Advertisement

Saga #2

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Saga #2

Postby habitual » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:50 pm

Didn't see a thread on this so here goes.

First off, the world is a better place when I'm getting a Vaughn comic.

The art on this is outstanding and I think the story is going to be very bloody the whole way through.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Didn't see the Dad getting capped that quick. I wonder if they're going to do more with him based on what we saw in the last panel?

It's looking like the story might be more about the bounty hunter than the kid imo.

Hab

Advertisement

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 0 post
Formerly: Schmormerly

Re: Saga #2

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:18 pm

Well, I'm sure eventually the stories of The Will and the baby girl will meet.

I think it's funny BKV encourages people to tear a page of the comic out and mail it to him.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby habitual » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:10 pm

I really dug the design of The Stalker.

Hab

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:17 pm

She is kind of a stalker, but wasn't it just The Stalk?

That part was pretty cool.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby habitual » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:19 pm

Yeah I think your right.

Hopefully she'll be around for an arc or two.

Hab

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:26 pm

This planet they are on is crazy. I'm still a little fuzzy on what is what with the conflicts at work, maybe I need to read the first issue over again.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:00 pm

After the much-hyped #1, Saga now has to demonstrate how the series is going to work going forwards. And on the basis of this issue, it’s going to work really well. BKV throws in a load more crazy concepts into the mix here, and I just dig how fucking weird this Universe he’s created is, Magic that can only cast by telling a secret, a weird spider-assassin, a train that looks like a dragon, an agent that’s a sea-hors. It’s just mad. I just hope that there is some logic behind this and BKV isn’t doing a ‘ninja zombie dragon robot pirate’ thing like what was the trend a few years back. But I reckon we can rest easy on that score, Vaughan has always imbued his high-concepts with real depth and I think this is no exception. This is demonstrated by how well-developed the characters of Marko and Alana already feel, and how I’m already invested in them. This is accomplished not only through strong dialogue, but also the clever technique of the infant daughter’s narration. Fiona Staples’ art was once again top-notch, it’s great that whatever craziness BKV throws her way, she takes it in her stride and makes it look awesome and fit in a world that kind of makes sense. Did anyone fill-out the questionnaire in the back? Some mental questions!

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand