Advertisement

Saga #5 (What would I do without you? Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 108 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Saga #5 (What would I do without you? Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:43 pm

Another delightfully idiosyncratic issue of Saga, this book is just so different from what you might expect from an epic sci-fi, and that’s what makes it work, the fact that it brings these crazy characters like a Robot Prince with a TV head and shows them as everyday people, doing everyday things like shitting. I must admit at being a little weirded out by BKV’s idea of ‘robots’. They can shit, they can fuck, they can get pregnant, what makes them robots? They seem pretty much human except for their TV heads. This issue shed more light on who Marko is as a person, by showing him succumb to violence against his better nature. I really liked how grateful he was to Alana for stopping him. In amongst the space madness, this is a very strong depiction of a marriage and relationship (not that I know that much about marriage, I’m basing everything I know on Mr and Mrs Coach from Friday Night Lights). The Will once again kicked ass a whole lot, and it’s great to see the ‘villains’ of this title given real depth. It’s the same for Prince Robot, we know about his family life now, so even when he’s being a dick and killing The Stalk, no questions asked, we still empathise with him a little. This is becoming a really rich world full of great characters, which is almost unheard of after only 5 issues.

Advertisement

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 129 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Re: Saga #5 (What would I do without you? Spoilers)

Postby Victorian Squid » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:54 pm

I'm counting on The Will to get the kid out of Sextillion.

Lying Cat is awesome.

MistaT
penile prisoner

Liked in: 12 posts
Title: ThreadKilla

Re: Saga #5 (What would I do without you? Spoilers)

Postby MistaT » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:56 pm

I don't think Stalk is dead. Well...at least I hope not. :-(

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand