Tuesday, May 31, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Shit happens here."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

I've said it before, I'll say it again..(Aquaman 9 spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Sat May 26, 2012 12:45 pm

Holland Oats wrote:The first couple issues were horrendous. But it has gotten better. I like the current arc.

Agreed.

ElijahSnowFan

cheese

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Sat May 26, 2012 1:43 pm

Huh. I admit the first couple of issues had a little too much "Aquaman's a serious character" jokes, but I still thought all the issues have been no worse than very solid superhero fare.

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Sat May 26, 2012 1:49 pm

ElijahSnowFan wrote:Huh. I admit the first couple of issues had a little too much "Aquaman's a serious character" jokes, but I still thought all the issues have been no worse than very solid superhero fare.

Gah. I just finished issue #8...good stuff. I'm chomping at the bit for #9, but I usually wait the extra month to shave the extra dollar off the price. I'm not sure my cheap ass can hold out that long.

ElijahSnowFan

cheese

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Sat May 26, 2012 1:52 pm

alaska1125 wrote:
Gah. I just finished issue #8...good stuff. I'm chomping at the bit for #9, but I usually wait the extra month to shave the extra dollar off the price. I'm not sure my cheap ass can hold out that long.

:-D :-D :-D I was absolutely doing that shit with Aquaman, but when I read the preview story about The Others, I just said, "Screw it. That's the kind of shit I LOVE."

Go ahead and buy #9. You won't be sorry. Holy hell. It's the best issue so far!

Miracloman

Great Scott!!!

Postby Miracloman » Sat May 26, 2012 2:37 pm

If I still could spare to buy comics,this would be one of the(or the one) I would be buying.
And ESF,I already said before,Johns is one of those writer that when he get the character or comic he is writing right he get it right and when he get it wrong...it gets really ugly.

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Sat May 26, 2012 3:37 pm

ElijahSnowFan wrote:
:-D :-D :-D I was absolutely doing that shit with Aquaman, but when I read the preview story about The Others, I just said, "Screw it. That's the kind of shit I LOVE."

Go ahead and buy #9. You won't be sorry. Holy hell. It's the best issue so far!

Well damn if you weren't right! Great issue, killer hook at the end! I've thought Black Manta was a badass since Saturday morning episodes of the Superfriends, but man, he's officially top tier now.

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Sat May 26, 2012 3:49 pm

Punchy wrote:Ocean Master, you need to step up your game, you’re no longer Aquaman’s arch-enemy.

Wait, do what now? When did OM become the big archenemy? Manta killed Aquaman's baby son, he's always been the archenemy....

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sat May 26, 2012 9:48 pm

Lord Simian wrote:
Wait, do what now? When did OM become the big archenemy? Manta killed Aquaman's baby son, he's always been the archenemy....

Yeah - Ocean Master is just a crappy half-brother. Manta has been the opposite side of Aquaman ever since Super-Friends.

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Sat May 26, 2012 11:26 pm

Amoebas wrote:Yeah - Ocean Master is just a crappy half-brother. Manta has been the opposite side of Aquaman ever since Super-Friends.

I mean, I'm sure he's a very competent villain in his own right, but he's still, you know... Ocean Master. :?

"Better step it up, Condiment King! Now that the Joker's in town, you're no longer Batman's arch-enemy!"

:groucho:

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sun May 27, 2012 11:54 am

Typical Punchy

Greg

Rain Partier

Postby Greg » Mon May 28, 2012 9:39 am

Huh. So... Aquaman killed Manta's dad out of revenge for Manta causing Aquaman's dad to have a heart attack. Which then starts their rivalry, Manta killing Aquaman's son. And now Aquaman will take in Manta's son? Is this where this is going because this is pretty interesting.

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Mon May 28, 2012 10:34 am

Greg wrote:Huh. So... Aquaman killed Manta's dad out of revenge for Manta causing Aquaman's dad to have a heart attack. Which then starts their rivalry, Manta killing Aquaman's son. And now Aquaman will take in Manta's son? Is this where this is going because this is pretty interesting.

The ride looks like its going to be fun!

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon May 28, 2012 10:48 am

Greg wrote:Huh. So... Aquaman killed Manta's dad out of revenge for Manta causing Aquaman's dad to have a heart attack. Which then starts their rivalry, Manta killing Aquaman's son. And now Aquaman will take in Manta's son? Is this where this is going because this is pretty interesting.

This reminds me of something that has been bugging me since Brightest Day, do we know who Jackson Hyde's biological mother is?

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Mon May 28, 2012 11:00 am

Sakie wrote:
This reminds me of something that has been bugging me since Brightest Day, do we know who Jackson Hyde's biological mother is?

Is there still a Jackson Hyde???

Greg

Rain Partier

Postby Greg » Mon May 28, 2012 11:07 am

alaska1125 wrote:
Is there still a Jackson Hyde???

I think it was said by creators he's in the NU52 verse. He's suppose to be joining Teen Titans but I think after Johns brings him into Aquaman.

leave a comment with facebook