Sunday, May 29, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Putting the yellow back into journalism."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


Savage Wolverine Anyone Else Reading It?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:59 pm

Agreed with most of the sentiment on this. I'm actually able to enjoy this story because it's just Wolverine being Wolverine, taken out of the larger context of the Marvel Universe where he now plays this moral-center role to the socio-political climate of the current status quo. It's refreshing.
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:12 pm

ChuckMoore wrote:Now, who would you be apologizing for bud?

Himself because now you're going to see all the pwnage he gets on the forum. For example:

Hey doombug, you suck!

Pwned
User avatar

pat

cheese

Postby pat » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:16 pm

It's definitely a fun book. And I too think that's some sort of illusion at the end of 4.

However, am I in the minority liking Cornell/Davis's book just a bit more than this?
User avatar

ChuckMoore

Fish-Smackin' Knight

Postby ChuckMoore » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:11 pm

Heh... Nice! Sounds fun to me. :drunk
User avatar

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:56 pm

I think i stopped ordering Savage Wolverine when Zeb Well and Joe Mad start their run. Right now I'm very much burned out on Wolverine and is starting to be like the Punisher in terms of reading. Meaning I can take the Punisher in small doses but after awhile I start get tired of the character.
User avatar

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:36 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
I'll list em:

Herald
Juan Cena

There you go. :lol:
User avatar

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:38 pm

Keb wrote:Himself because now you're going to see all the pwnage he gets on the forum. For example:

Hey doombug, you suck!

Pwned

:-( :-( :-( :-(












































































:lol:
User avatar

McMonkey Nut

Rain Partier

Postby McMonkey Nut » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:33 pm

bkthomson wrote:I think i stopped ordering Savage Wolverine when Zeb Well and Joe Mad start their run. Right now I'm very much burned out on Wolverine and is starting to be like the Punisher in terms of reading. Meaning I can take the Punisher in small doses but after awhile I start get tired of the character.


I know what you mean, I think thats why I like this book better than just a solo Wolverine title. This book to me should basically be called Wolverine Team Up because so far that seems what the book is gonna be like. Having Wolverine teaming up with Shanna and then Spidey and Elektra takes some of the focus off of it just being another Wolverine book. And like Jude said so far this has just been Wolverine being Wolverine. Logan running through the jungle killing shit and kicking ass! No school, no other mutants, none of the bullshit that often ways him down and takes me out of his stories.
User avatar

GiveWarAChance

Fagorstorm

Postby GiveWarAChance » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:37 pm

I'm staying on this book even when Zeb Well and Joe Mad take over. The first creative team that I don't like, I bail out. I'm just reading too many damn comic books right now. I need any excuse to drop titles. If Frank Cho ever decides to come back for a story arc I will be there.
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:59 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Agreed with most of the sentiment on this. I'm actually able to enjoy this story because it's just Wolverine being Wolverine, taken out of the larger context of the Marvel Universe where he now plays this moral-center role to the socio-political climate of the current status quo. It's refreshing.


I'm having a lot of fun with Savage Wolverine.

Trouble821

A Quagmire

Postby Trouble821 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:50 pm

So what's the deal with the new arc? Why's frank leaving? And will it still be set on the island or be moving elsewhere??
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:19 am

No clue. I assume he'll be back but needs time to complete more stories. I don't believe the next story will take place in the Savage Land.

Trouble821

A Quagmire

Postby Trouble821 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:03 pm

I seems weird, I thought they kind of sold it as this big epic with wolverine and shanna in the savage land, and to have that arc just wrap up so quickly and then move onto something else seems like it's basically another wolverine title now. Kinda gutted haha
User avatar

McMonkey Nut

Rain Partier

Postby McMonkey Nut » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:21 pm

Trouble821 wrote:I seems weird, I thought they kind of sold it as this big epic with wolverine and shanna in the savage land, and to have that arc just wrap up so quickly and then move onto something else seems like it's basically another wolverine title now. Kinda gutted haha


Definitely what I thought when they first announced the title, but that is not the case it seems. Like I said earlier this to me is just Wolverine Team Up, at least that the impression I get so far.
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:31 pm

I think Cho will be back.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], Google [Bot] and 48 guests