Advertisement

Schism #5

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Frag
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Liked in: 6 posts
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz

Schism #5

Postby Frag » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:24 pm

Ending the best X event since X-Tinction Agenda IMO.

Advertisement

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts

Re: Schism #5

Postby avengingtitan » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:33 pm

The little bit with Quire was awesome. I did like that the students themselves decided they didnt want to be soldiers.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

jeremy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: www.jeremyshane.info
Formerly: xaraan

Postby jeremy » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:36 am

I really enjoyed this series. I didn't like the prequel so much, even less after reading the actual Schism story. I liked the way the fight played out, which was cool by the way, and the ending worked great.

Timbales
Fisty McDigger

Title: Namaste, mother fucker
Formerly: timberoo

Postby Timbales » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:34 am

in which Wolverine says "Screw you guys! I'm going home"
However, Liefeld is an enigma wrapped in a pouch-filled, muscular, footless conundrum.
Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak

Postby BlueStreak » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:03 am

I didn't hate the ending as much as I thought I would.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:19 am

i'm glad that the new x-men kids seemed to all decide to go with Wolverine.

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:26 am

For some reason, I'm reminded of this panel when wondering how Wolverine will deal with being the headmaster of a school.

:lol:

contramundi
cheese

Postby contramundi » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:09 am

BlueStreak wrote:For some reason, I'm reminded of this panel when wondering how Wolverine will deal with being the headmaster of a school.

:-D

and thats why only he can pull it off

Greg
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Title: AKA The Hidden Hands of Horror

Postby Greg » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:18 am

BlueStreak wrote:For some reason, I'm reminded of this panel when wondering how Wolverine will deal with being the headmaster of a school.

:lol: This never gets old.
*Sig by Cat-Scratch!

CountD: Greg, thank you for your insights.
Benderbrau: Greg: Unwrapping the riddles of the black man since 2006

Starlord: I swear if you were gay and I wasn't married we'd make the perfect fuck buddies.

Greg: I'd do many things. Coke is not one of them.
Benderbrau: Greg hates all things white.

Benderbrau: Emma, you could learn a thing or two from Greg. Greg does threesomes. That's bi done right.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:21 am

With this ending, I think we can safely say this is one of the best X-Men event stories ever, it was just so, so good. Just like last issue, the fight between Wolverine and Cyclops was just brutal, you could feel every hit, and you could tell that every punch mattered, that things would never be the same even if the Sentinel is defeated. Which it was, in a 5 page wordless sequence which really worked and showed Adam Kubert’s skills as an expert storyteller. I did feel that Kubert’s work got a little rushed and sketchy towards the end, but it didn’t effect the story. The conversation between Scott and Logan at the end was very interesting, I was surprised by how civil they were towards each other, I expected the Schism to be more violent than it was. Overall this was a fantastic story, which really made the reader think and hopefully consider both sides of what is a complex issue. Unfortunately I think some people have just sided with Wolverine because they like him more, but it doesn’t matter. I’ll certainly be buying both Uncanny X-Men and Wolverine & The X-Men, and can’t wait to see how Jason Aaron (and Kieron Gillen) are taking the X-Men forward, I haven’t been this excited for X-comics since Grant Morrison.

Frag
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz

Postby Frag » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:36 pm

Punchy wrote:With this ending, I think we can safely say this is one of the best X-Men event stories ever, it was just so, so good. Just like last issue, the fight between Wolverine and Cyclops was just brutal, you could feel every hit, and you could tell that every punch mattered, that things would never be the same even if the Sentinel is defeated. Which it was, in a 5 page wordless sequence which really worked and showed Adam Kubert’s skills as an expert storyteller. I did feel that Kubert’s work got a little rushed and sketchy towards the end, but it didn’t effect the story. The conversation between Scott and Logan at the end was very interesting, I was surprised by how civil they were towards each other, I expected the Schism to be more violent than it was. Overall this was a fantastic story, which really made the reader think and hopefully consider both sides of what is a complex issue. Unfortunately I think some people have just sided with Wolverine because they like him more, but it doesn’t matter. I’ll certainly be buying both Uncanny X-Men and Wolverine & The X-Men, and can’t wait to see how Jason Aaron (and Kieron Gillen) are taking the X-Men forward, I haven’t been this excited for X-comics since Grant Morrison.

I like that better. It would be silly for the teams to hate each other for no reason.
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.

Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:42 pm

The President wrote:
I like that better. It would be silly for the teams to hate each other for no reason.

I agree. It looks as if a lot of the teams are going to fall somewhere in the middle as well and not take clear-cut sides.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 8 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:16 pm

Most surprising story in a while. Before #1 I expected a story that would be throttled by editorial mandates that would force Aaron to split the team with little time for build-up and he wrote just about the best X-Men story in this decade. And yeah, I mean right there with Morrison run.

Every issue of Schism kept raising the bar even higher.

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 28 posts
Title: ライダー変身!
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:08 pm

I'm still a month behind but flipped through my copy... Did anyone else think the art was kind of bad? Looked pretty rough and rushed.

J.M. Hunter
Motherfucker from Hell

Title: The Beast!

Postby J.M. Hunter » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:47 pm

It still works Sd...as things fall apart and the fallout, I was okay with the looser approach to the art...then again...had I had a tighter example to compare to, I guess I wouldnt' be as bias.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand