Monday, July 25, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "Hope you survive the experience!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

SDCC: Jason Aaron and Ed McGuinness Write Amazing X-Men with Return of [REDACTED]

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

TimDrake'sDumbWings

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:30 am

I'm just happy that Beast will be appearing in a book I actually want to read. YIPPIIIIE!

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:32 am

Juan Cena wrote:Firestar's in this? i wonder where Justice is?
Stay-at-home husband, imo

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:07 am

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:I'm just happy that Beast will be appearing in a book I actually want to read. YIPPIIIIE!

All New and Wolverine & are both awesome

TimDrake'sDumbWings

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:13 am

Zero wrote:
All New and Wolverine & are both awesome

I really don't like All New.

WATXM was good, but I dropped it because I'm more concerned with the X-Men than the students at the school. I'll definitely catch up with it once the price of back issues on Comixology drops!

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:32 am

dairydead wrote:Spider Man's Amazing friends plus Wolverine, Beast, Nightcrawler, and Storm. Minus Spiderman =

Amazing x-Men

+ McGuinness & Aaron = 10/10 WILL BUY!

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:21 pm

All of the X-Men books are good at the moment, which is pretty much unprecedented.

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:56 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:
I really don't like All New.

WATXM was good, but I dropped it because I'm more concerned with the X-Men than the students at the school. I'll definitely catch up with it once the price of back issues on Comixology drops!

The focus of WATXM is still very much on the students, but Quentin Quire is just kicking ass under Aaron so I don't mind at all.

TimDrake'sDumbWings

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:05 pm

Zero wrote:
The focus of WATXM is still very much on the students, but Quentin Quire is just kicking ass under Aaron so I don't mind at all.

Yeah, I figure this will make for an awesome find on a Marvel Monday when Comixology decides to discount everything after the Dog arc. I know I'll be excited!

ElijahSnowFan

cheese

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:18 pm

Punchy wrote:All of the X-Men books are good at the moment, which is pretty much unprecedented.

Huh. Actually, weren't they all good in Necrosha and Second Coming?

I'm totally serious -- ever since Kyle/Yost took over New X-Men back in the day, the X-Men line has been underrated, IMO. Not every single issue or arc was great, certainly, but as a whole, I've been pretty much enjoying X-books since Mike Carey's run started years ago.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:35 pm

ElijahSnowFan wrote:
Huh. Actually, weren't they all good in Necrosha and Second Coming?

I'm totally serious -- ever since Kyle/Yost took over New X-Men back in the day, the X-Men line has been underrated, IMO. Not every single issue or arc was great, certainly, but as a whole, I've been pretty much enjoying X-books since Mike Carey's run started years ago.

I liked the Messiah events themselves, but everything in between seemed like too much filler to me.

Draco x

Fagorstorm

Postby Draco x » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:53 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:

We are talking about a character who's banged Madame Hydra after all. What's Mystique next to a genocidal terrorist army leader?

Very true. I am pretty sure that Logan has banged almost all the female characters in the Marvel Universe at some point-especially if they're red-headed or Asian.

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:10 pm

outsider wrote:Stay-at-home husband, imo

seeing as how they broke off their engagement and relationship and he started dating Ultra Girl, he really doesn't factor into her life anymore...

Rikk Odinson

Society Member

Postby Rikk Odinson » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:02 pm

This was my favorite announcement outta SDCC this year! :-D

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:56 am

e_galston wrote:
seeing as how they broke off their engagement and relationship and he started dating Ultra Girl, he really doesn't factor into her life anymore...
He what now?
(who's Ultra Girl?)

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:13 am

Punchy wrote:All of the X-Men books are good at the moment, which is pretty much unprecedented.

I have it on good authority that all of the X-Men books were good from the mid 70s till the early 90s.

leave a comment with facebook