Thursday, June 30, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Those who arrive survive. Maybe."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

SDCC: Jason Aaron and Ed McGuinness Write Amazing X-Men with Return of [REDACTED]

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:09 am

SDCC: Jason Aaron and Ed McGuinness Write Amazing X-Men with Return of [REDACTED]

At the X-Men panel at San Diego Comic Con today, Marvel announced Amazing X-Men, an ongoing series by Jason Aaron and Ed McGuinness.

Source: The Beat

Marvel announced a new ongoing X-series starring the formerly deceased character Nightcrawler at their X-Men panel at San Diego Comic Con today. Called Amazing X-Men, the book will start out with Wolverine putting together a team consisting of Beast, Firestar, Northstar, Storm, and Iceman to find Nightcrawler and bring him back from the dead. So it looks like it will be the "real" Marvel Universe Nightcrawler, and also that it will be a replacement for Astonishing X-Men. We also might see the story behind the BAMFs.

But after all this time, will Kurt still be the Nightcrawler we all know and love?

The Outhouse hallucinated a fictional interview with Jason Aaron backstage at the convention to find out:

"I plan to change a few elements about the character," Aaron told us. "For instance, Nightcrawler will be about a foot shorter, have bushy sideburns, and say 'bub' a lot. I'm thinking his German origin is no longer relevant, and I'll probably change that up to, I don't know, Canadian or something."

"We're also going to reveal that Nightcrawler has a shitton of kids from his time as a Catholic priest, and he's going to try to murder them all because I think that's what Catholics do," he added.

"Amen to that, brother," said fellow foot-in-mouther Rick Remender, who happened to be hanging out too. Hey, it's our fantasy! "I have some ideas I could share with you for addressing controversial issues about the Catholics in your comic..."

"Hzzzzzztttddddtttdddddd!!" said Remender as Marvel Director of Communications Arune Singh zapped him with a stun gun, which he carries around for just such an occasion.

"Nothing to see here, folks," said Singh, shutting down interview and motioning for security goons to remove us from the premises.

"Fuzzzzy elfff...." mutttered Remender as he was hoisted onto a stretcher.

Amazing X-Men by Jason Aaron and Ed McGuinness will hit stores in November, following the super-mega-crossover event Battle for the Atom.

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:18 pm

Bump, as Jude screwed up the timing of the article.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:23 pm

Dammit, now I'm torn. I really don't want to read a book featuring Wolverine and Storm but it's Jason Aaron and Ed McGuinness...

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:24 pm

There are too many X-Men books, but like an idiot, I'll be getting this one too, I love Aaron, I love McGuinness and I love Nightcrawler.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:28 pm

I do find it funny how Marvel are swapping around their adjectives from franchise to franchise. First Avengers steals the Uncanny from the X-Men, and now they in turn steal 'Amazing' from Spider-Man.

Although, wasn't Amazing X-Men one of the titles during Age Of Apocalypse?

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:31 pm

Punchy wrote:Although, wasn't Amazing X-Men one of the titles during Age Of Apocalypse?

Yes. Amazing X-Men replaced adjectiveless X-Men.

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:08 pm

I never really got into the black forehead look of nightcrawler, but this looks awesome.

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:09 pm

Punchy wrote:I do find it funny how Marvel are swapping around their adjectives from franchise to franchise. First Avengers steals the Uncanny from the X-Men, and now they in turn steal 'Amazing' from Spider-Man.

I'm looking forward to X-Men The Men Without Fear

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:43 pm

that second picture in the article is a cover for an october book from Battle of the Atom

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:46 pm

e_galston wrote:that second picture in the article is a cover for an october book from Battle of the Atom

It's not Aaron's Nightcrawlverine?

GOSD

Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:50 pm

Zero wrote:
I'm looking forward to X-Men The Men Without Fear

:lol:

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:56 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
It's not Aaron's Nightcrawlverine?

no its one of the Future X-men that comes to the present in Battle of the Atom...

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:24 pm

e_galston wrote:
no its one of the Future X-men that comes to the present in Battle of the Atom...

I like my version better, bub.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:01 pm

e_galston wrote:no its one of the Future X-men that comes to the present in Battle of the Atom...

Probably Nightcrawler's half-brother through his mother and Wolverine. :smt102

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:13 pm

Firestar's in this? i wonder where Justice is?

leave a comment with facebook