Advertisement

SDCC: DC to Release Harley Quinn Ongoing

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 273 posts

Re: SDCC: DC to Release Harley Quinn Ongoing

Postby doombug » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:14 pm

Honestly Punch it's one of the only things that annoys the hell out of me when it comes to you because guys like Dairy and I actively cosplay at conventions. So when you start in on this shit, it's obviously going to hit us the wrong way. :smt011

Advertisement

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:15 pm

Also you have a fucking jacket with the goddamn x-symbol on it where you are intentionally re-enacting a scene from Scott Pilgrim.

Or are we still supposed to pretend you didn't do that?

Zero
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 66 posts
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Postby Zero » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:23 pm

When our local con rolls round, I'm gonna set all the cosplayers on Punchy. Especially the ones dressed as Lois Lane.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 109 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:02 pm

doombug wrote:Also you have a fucking jacket with the goddamn x-symbol on it where you are intentionally re-enacting a scene from Scott Pilgrim.

Or are we still supposed to pretend you didn't do that?

That was like, 8 years ago. I was a kid, I don't have that jacket anymore.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:04 pm

doombug wrote:Honestly Punch it's one of the only things that annoys the hell out of me when it comes to you because guys like Dairy and I actively cosplay at conventions. So when you start in on this shit, it's obviously going to hit us the wrong way. :smt011

But you and Dairy are just as willing to mock other things, like Bronies or Tumblr-fans. I'm not insulting you personally, I just don't like cosplay. I don't like trainspotting or stamp collecting either.

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 46 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:06 pm

Punchy wrote:
But you and Dairy are just as willing to mock other things, like Bronies or Tumblr-fans. I'm not insulting you personally, I just don't like cosplay. I don't like trainspotting or stamp collecting either.

Knock it off. You do not insult stamp collecting. Its a dying hobby that does need your hateful words! :smt013
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:07 pm

Punchy wrote:

Remind me to get someone to smack you in the back of the head on principle. :lol:

Trainspotting? My grandfather used to collect trains when I was a kid, he had awesome train sets.

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:07 pm

bkthomson wrote:
Knock it off. You do not insult stamp collecting. Its a dying hobby that does need your hateful words! :smt013

There are some really cool stamps out there, no joke.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:08 pm

doombug wrote:Remind me to get someone to smack you in the back of the head on principle. :lol:

Trainspotting? My grandfather used to collect trains when I was a kid, he had awesome train sets.

Trainspotting is when people go to Train Stations and write down the serial numbers of the Trains in a little notebook. It's one of the nerdiest, lamest hobbies of all time.

oogy
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 167 posts
Formerly: oogyboy, Elwood P Dowd, OH USER #535

Postby oogy » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:15 pm

Punchy wrote:
Trainspotting is when people go to Train Stations and write down the serial numbers of the Trains in a little notebook. It's one of the nerdiest, lamest hobbies of all time.

some people like making lists. :smt102

Also, I didn't know that's what trainspotting was. I thought it was just people that liked to look at trains or something.

Stephen Colbert wrote:Everybody knows I don't see race. People tell me I'm white and I believe them because I get pretty good service at the Cracker Barrel.

Ron Swanson wrote:You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 124 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:20 pm

Punchy wrote:
That was like, 8 years ago. I was a kid, I don't have that jacket anymore.

The question is... how did he know you had that jacket 8 years ago?

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:18 pm

Arion wrote:

you've never seen that picture used against punchy before? :lol:

Where's Yoni, he must still have it.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:50 am

Arion wrote:

I posted it once 8 years ago, and some of these weirdzoes saved it to their harddrives.

Pervs!

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 553 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:26 am

GOSD wrote:Amanda should write and draw this book.

Amanda does some art for issue #0. In addition to the artists already mentioned (Darwyn Cookie, Sam Kieth, Tony Daniel, Paul Pope, Walter Simonson, Art Baltazar), Bruce Timm, Dave Johnson and "a few more surprises".
Adam Hughes is drawing issue #1.

The plan on Harley is to get into who she is, what she does all day, how she makes a living and how she views the world. She is the hero in her own mind, and we will be focusing on this. We will get to know her, the people around her and how she deals with things in her own special way. We plan to charm the readers with her exploits, but don’t expect a by-the-numbers superhero type book.

Palmiotti: To add a dimension to Harley we don't get to see or have time to focus on in Suicide Squad. To give Harley her own circle of characters that belong in her world. These people will make sense to the character once you meet them. These are the kinds of people that look at her differently than most.

Conner: Her supporting cast will be less superhero-like (for now) and more like the rest of us. Kind of. We will be working all that into the storylines, and part of the entertainment will be in seeing how those characters deal with her being around.

For the full interview with Newsarama, click here
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 238 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:45 am

Punchy wrote:

I thought Trainspotting was an Irvine Welsh novel about heroin addiction. I am pretty sure Danny Boyle directed a brilliant movie adaptation.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand