Wednesday, August 31, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "Assholes welcome."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

SDCC: DC to Release Harley Quinn Ongoing

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:14 pm

Honestly Punch it's one of the only things that annoys the hell out of me when it comes to you because guys like Dairy and I actively cosplay at conventions. So when you start in on this shit, it's obviously going to hit us the wrong way. :smt011
User avatar

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:15 pm

Also you have a fucking jacket with the goddamn x-symbol on it where you are intentionally re-enacting a scene from Scott Pilgrim.

Or are we still supposed to pretend you didn't do that?
User avatar

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:23 pm

When our local con rolls round, I'm gonna set all the cosplayers on Punchy. Especially the ones dressed as Lois Lane.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:02 pm

doombug wrote:Also you have a fucking jacket with the goddamn x-symbol on it where you are intentionally re-enacting a scene from Scott Pilgrim.

Or are we still supposed to pretend you didn't do that?


That was like, 8 years ago. I was a kid, I don't have that jacket anymore.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:04 pm

doombug wrote:Honestly Punch it's one of the only things that annoys the hell out of me when it comes to you because guys like Dairy and I actively cosplay at conventions. So when you start in on this shit, it's obviously going to hit us the wrong way. :smt011


But you and Dairy are just as willing to mock other things, like Bronies or Tumblr-fans. I'm not insulting you personally, I just don't like cosplay. I don't like trainspotting or stamp collecting either.
User avatar

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:06 pm

Punchy wrote:
But you and Dairy are just as willing to mock other things, like Bronies or Tumblr-fans. I'm not insulting you personally, I just don't like cosplay. I don't like trainspotting or stamp collecting either.


Knock it off. You do not insult stamp collecting. Its a dying hobby that does need your hateful words! :smt013
User avatar

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:07 pm

Punchy wrote:
But you and Dairy are just as willing to mock other things, like Bronies or Tumblr-fans. I'm not insulting you personally, I just don't like cosplay. I don't like trainspotting or stamp collecting either.

Remind me to get someone to smack you in the back of the head on principle. :lol:

Trainspotting? My grandfather used to collect trains when I was a kid, he had awesome train sets.
User avatar

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:07 pm

bkthomson wrote:
Knock it off. You do not insult stamp collecting. Its a dying hobby that does need your hateful words! :smt013

There are some really cool stamps out there, no joke.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:08 pm

doombug wrote:Remind me to get someone to smack you in the back of the head on principle. :lol:

Trainspotting? My grandfather used to collect trains when I was a kid, he had awesome train sets.


Trainspotting is when people go to Train Stations and write down the serial numbers of the Trains in a little notebook. It's one of the nerdiest, lamest hobbies of all time.
User avatar

oogy

Zombie Guard

Postby oogy » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:15 pm

Punchy wrote:
Trainspotting is when people go to Train Stations and write down the serial numbers of the Trains in a little notebook. It's one of the nerdiest, lamest hobbies of all time.

some people like making lists. :smt102

Also, I didn't know that's what trainspotting was. I thought it was just people that liked to look at trains or something.
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:20 pm

Punchy wrote:
That was like, 8 years ago. I was a kid, I don't have that jacket anymore.


The question is... how did he know you had that jacket 8 years ago?
User avatar

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:18 pm

Arion wrote:
The question is... how did he know you had that jacket 8 years ago?

you've never seen that picture used against punchy before? :lol:

Where's Yoni, he must still have it.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:50 am

Arion wrote:
The question is... how did he know you had that jacket 8 years ago?


I posted it once 8 years ago, and some of these weirdzoes saved it to their harddrives.

Pervs!
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:26 am

GOSD wrote:Amanda should write and draw this book.


Amanda does some art for issue #0. In addition to the artists already mentioned (Darwyn Cookie, Sam Kieth, Tony Daniel, Paul Pope, Walter Simonson, Art Baltazar), Bruce Timm, Dave Johnson and "a few more surprises".
Adam Hughes is drawing issue #1.

The plan on Harley is to get into who she is, what she does all day, how she makes a living and how she views the world. She is the hero in her own mind, and we will be focusing on this. We will get to know her, the people around her and how she deals with things in her own special way. We plan to charm the readers with her exploits, but don’t expect a by-the-numbers superhero type book.

Palmiotti: To add a dimension to Harley we don't get to see or have time to focus on in Suicide Squad. To give Harley her own circle of characters that belong in her world. These people will make sense to the character once you meet them. These are the kinds of people that look at her differently than most.

Conner: Her supporting cast will be less superhero-like (for now) and more like the rest of us. Kind of. We will be working all that into the storylines, and part of the entertainment will be in seeing how those characters deal with her being around.


For the full interview with Newsarama, click here
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:45 am

Punchy wrote:
Trainspotting is when people go to Train Stations and write down the serial numbers of the Trains in a little notebook. It's one of the nerdiest, lamest hobbies of all time.

I thought Trainspotting was an Irvine Welsh novel about heroin addiction. I am pretty sure Danny Boyle directed a brilliant movie adaptation.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], NeverReady, Wildcard17, Yahoo [Bot] and 156 guests