Monday, October 22, 2018 • Morning Edition • "Ban Herald ASAP!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

SDCC: 'Shazam!' Trailer!!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:16 pm

The big red cheese is laying the cheesy fun in the first trailer based on the Fawcett character.

Whelp the movie trailer blitz has begun at SDCC. First, we got the King of all Monsters, now we got our first look at Captain Marvel Shazam!. Here it is:

Wait, are we sure this is a DC movie? The power of Captain Marvel Shazam! will be unleashed in theaters next April. 

Written or Contributed by Zechs

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Johnny Smith

biny little tird

Postby Johnny Smith » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:18 pm

This will be the feel good movie of 2019, believe it! :-D

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:24 pm

I'm worried about how far they are going to stray into New 52 territory with Billy's characterization but I liked the trailer enough to continue to remain cautiously optimistic about this film.

SporkBot

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby SporkBot » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:44 pm

I had to take a breath before clicking on this.

"Billy Batson...I choose you..."
"Am...am I a Pokemon?

Grayson wrote:I'm worried about how far they are going to stray into New 52 territory with Billy's characterization but I liked the trailer enough to continue to remain cautiously optimistic about this film.

Yeah, whereas Johns remade Billy into an angry jerk that only becomes less likable when super-powered, this kid seems...less like an ass. He seems more distant and defensive, but not totally horrible. And his hero identity doesn't smile like a maniacal super-villain! What a curious notion!

Though I'm pretty sure he grabbed a six-pack of beer in that one scene, sooo...yeah.

Anyway, maybe this movie won't be terrible. Trailers and final product do not always present the same thing.

Draco x

Hopscotch

Postby Draco x » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:46 pm

This isn't a bad trailer for DC's Captain Marvel film next year( And no I am not calling him SHAZAM).

Johnny Smith

biny little tird

Postby Johnny Smith » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:00 pm

Draco x wrote:This isn't a bad trailer for DC's Captain Marvel film next year( And no I am not calling him SHAZAM).

Spacedog

Expert Post Whore

Postby Spacedog » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:12 pm

Good trailer. Entertaining. It almost made me forget that craptastic Teen Titans tv show trailer. Almost.

Spacedog

Expert Post Whore

Postby Spacedog » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:16 pm

Draco x wrote:This isn't a bad trailer for DC's Captain Marvel film next year( And no I am not calling him SHAZAM).

Captain Marvel 4EVER!

Gray

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Gray » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:13 pm

SporkBot wrote:I had to take a breath before clicking on this.

"Billy Batson...I choose you..."
"Am...am I a Pokemon?

Yeah, whereas Johns remade Billy into an angry jerk that only becomes less likable when super-powered, this kid seems...less like an ass. He seems more distant and defensive, but not totally horrible. And his hero identity doesn't smile like a maniacal super-villain! What a curious notion!

Though I'm pretty sure he grabbed a six-pack of beer in that one scene, sooo...yeah.

Anyway, maybe this movie won't be terrible. Trailers and final product do not always present the same thing.

To be fair if you were a immature teenager who had the power to turn into a fully grown man wouldn't you use that to buy alcohol? Just saying? :smt102

Mac E Tero

dINGO

Postby Mac E Tero » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:17 pm

I’m not looking forward to this. My preference is to keep the Greek gods angle.

Mojo Ichiruto

Rain Partier

Postby Mojo Ichiruto » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:14 pm

Love it!

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:16 pm

SporkBot wrote:Though I'm pretty sure he grabbed a six-pack of beer in that one scene, sooo...yeah.

Grape Soda. 8)

SporkBot

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby SporkBot » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:16 pm

Gray wrote:To be fair if you were a immature teenager who had the power to turn into a fully grown man wouldn't you use that to buy alcohol? Just saying?

Me, personally? No, no I wouldn't.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:18 pm

SporkBot wrote:Me, personally? No, no I wouldn't.

Grape Soda though? :smt102

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:25 pm

Grayson wrote:
Grape Soda though? :smt102

Yeah, anybody with any taste knows urnge drank >>>>> purple drank.

leave a comment with facebook