Thursday, October 18, 2018 • Morning Edition • "The place to talk some shit."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

SDCC: Go Under Da Sea with 'Aquaman' Trailer!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:58 pm

The first trailer to Aquaman movie is here! Will you enjoy it or sleep with the fishes?

The second  DC Comics movie, Aquaman, just dropped its first trailer for SDCC. Much like the prior one and Wonder Woman, there is something of a contrast here that the trailer showcases that feel different than say Man of Steel or Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice. Also, we have a new name to call the live-action DC movies as well, "Worlds of DC", which sounds about right given how many different versions of worlds are in the universe. Anyway, enough of I'm yapping, here's the trailer:

Aquaman sails out into theaters on December 21st.

Written or Contributed by Zechs

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Mac E Tero

dINGO

Postby Mac E Tero » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:12 pm

I like it

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:07 pm

I didn't hate it. :smt102

Mojo Ichiruto

Rain Partier

Postby Mojo Ichiruto » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:13 pm

Looks pretty damn good to me.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:33 pm

Well I mean if Wonder Woman was "Cap but a woman in WWI and not as good", this is clearly "Black Panther but white and underwater and not as good".

It may be worth watching just for the visuals b/c the trailer is pretty stunning looking, but I just can't accept Momoa. I just can't.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:34 pm

Looking good so far.
That said, I'm somewhat surprised that this preview has been posted for 2 hours and the Usual Suspects haven't nitpicked it to pieces yet!

Yet. :-P

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:37 pm

chap22 wrote:Well I mean if Wonder Woman was "Cap but a woman in WWI and not as good", this is clearly "Black Panther but white and underwater and not as good".

It may be worth watching just for the visuals b/c the trailer is pretty stunning looking, but I just can't accept Momoa. I just can't.

Black Panther? For real? I was thinking more like "Thor but underwater." :|

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:44 pm

Grayson wrote:
Black Panther? For real? I was thinking more like "Thor but underwater." :|

Meh, I suppose it could go either way. Sweeping shot of the mystical advanced city as a ship flies in (Asgard or Wakanda), familial duel for the throne (Loki or Killmonger)...the more reluctant would-be king feels more like BP than early Thor who craved the crown and had to be knocked down a peg.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:47 pm

chap22 wrote:Meh, I suppose it could go either way. Sweeping shot of the mystical advanced city as a ship flies in (Asgard or Wakanda), familial duel for the throne (Loki or Killmonger)...the more reluctant would-be king feels more like BP than early Thor who craved the crown and had to be knocked down a peg.

Personality wise, he definitely comes across infinitely more like Thor than T'Challa.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:52 pm

Grayson wrote:
Personality wise, he definitely comes across infinitely more like Thor than T'Challa.

Doesn't mean the movie isn't BP.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:54 pm

chap22 wrote:Doesn't mean the movie isn't BP.

Fair enough. :lol:

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:47 pm

Grayson wrote:I didn't hate it. :smt102

Pretty much, they like to suck you in with the pretty trailer than hit you with the Martha

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:59 pm

Bianco wrote:
Pretty much, they like to suck you in with the pretty trailer than hit you with the Martha

Well, I didn't hate the trailer, was even slightly intrigued by it. But yeah, that lingering fear they'll pull a Martha remains. And Mamoa isn't the greatest actor around. Still, maybe he's good enough to bring this off, it's hard to tell from a bunch of disjointed highlights. The visuals at least weren't terrible. Bottom line is it's on my maybe see list, along with Shazam. Godzilla is the only one on my must see list....but that could change if I hear the kaiju appear as little as they did in the 2014 movie, or that the movie's big focus is on the Stranger Things kid rather than monsters fighting and trampling cities.

Draco x

Hopscotch

Postby Draco x » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:20 pm

Not bad trailer-wise but as Chap said, I'm still mixed on Momoa being cast as Aquaman up till now.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:21 pm

The visuals of the underwater city have me cautiously optimistic.

leave a comment with facebook