Advertisement

Secret Avengers #24 (As in Camelot? Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 47 posts
Title: Shitlord

Secret Avengers #24 (As in Camelot? Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:01 pm

Hmph, after spending most of my time last month talking about how I’m actually kind of glad that Ant-Man is dead, it turns out he wasn’t dead after all! I don’t know how that makes me feel, conflicted for sure. This issue continued in it’s old-school, golden-age JSA split the team up into little groups groove, with several cool moments. I liked Captain Britain arguing with Human Torch, it’s always good to have a sceptic come up against something he doesn’t believe in, especially when said sceptic is a robot. I was surprised to see Captain Britain shout ‘bollocks!’, maybe Marvel didn’t realise how rude it is. You certainly wouldn’t get it pre-watershed. One thing I find interesting here is that Remender is kind of secretly setting up links between his Marvel books. Yes there’s the obvious stuff like Venom joining the team and Captain Britain showing up in X-Force, but there’s more to it than that. The ‘Father’ here showed up in last month’s X-Force and there was a whole arc dedicated to Deathloks in that series early on. Is he building up to some mega Remend-event? Or maybe it’s just a coincidence and he just really likes Deathlok. Who knows?

Advertisement

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 241 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Re: Secret Avengers #24 (As in Camelot? Spoilers)

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:18 pm

-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 130 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:42 am

Average at best. God I hate Captain Brit.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 273 posts
Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:24 am

it doesn't surprise me that you would hate Captain Britain.

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby avengingtitan » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:54 am

Rockman wrote:it doesn't surprise me that you would hate Captain Britain.

Meh he's just uninteresting. I couldnt careless about his whole "defender of the multiverse" thing. Now Union Jack he's interesting, I'd read a book with him.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 241 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:19 am

avengingtitan wrote:Average at best. God I hate Captain Brit.

Ha. But he's still better than his temporary EOE fill-in :P

-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 290 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:29 pm

I'm glad that Eric O'Grady is still alive, I kind of like that character.

I also have to say that I like the culture of the Core that Remender has created. It's a cool setting with a lot of story potential.

Thank you Troy for the sig

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby avengingtitan » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:34 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:
Ha. But he's still better than his temporary EOE fill-in :P

Yea but thats not saying much.

nattygreene
Whale Castrato

Liked in: 0 post

Postby nattygreene » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:01 pm

Punchy wrote:One thing I find interesting here is that Remender is kind of secretly setting up links between his Marvel books. Yes there’s the obvious stuff like Venom joining the team and Captain Britain showing up in X-Force, but there’s more to it than that. The ‘Father’ here showed up in last month’s X-Force and there was a whole arc dedicated to Deathloks in that series early on. Is he building up to some mega Remend-event? Or maybe it’s just a coincidence and he just really likes Deathlok. Who knows?

Yeah, I am getting that vibe too. The thing I really like about Remender is his respect for continuity of the characters*. His recent contiguity (yes, this is the word I meant) of his books has been awesome, but then again it could be coming from strong editorial direction.
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Deathlok also appears in Wolvie & X-Babies (not his book) questioning the future of the Genesis from the UXF Dark Angel.

I think it was in UXF that he has the characters comment on how they can be a part of so many teams; an obvious slight to the fact that you have characters concurrently on a mission while on the moon in another book.

I dunno, maybe he is positioning himself for an editor job.

*Ignoring Franken-Castle

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand