Advertisement

Secret Avengers #17 (Steve Jobs Tricknology Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Secret Avengers #17 (Steve Jobs Tricknology Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:20 pm

Another really enjoyable issue, perhaps not quite as stylish as #16, but still good. I liked the idea of a mysterious truck wandering around Eastern Europe zapping people, and Ellis packed plenty of cool moments into the 20 pages available to him. I particularly liked the double-page splash of the Quinjet breaking into it’s component parts, Kev Walker drew that wonderfully. The assault on the truck was exciting stuff, and the dialogue from the weird robot-people was hilarious. I will say that the ending where Cap reveals that the operation was funded by the British government was a bit too abrupt; I hope Ellis develops this further. But overall this was damn good, intelligent superhero comics, and the description for next issue, Kung Fu Space Station? It doesn’t get much better than that.

Advertisement

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Re: Secret Avengers #17 (Steve Jobs Tricknology Spoilers)

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:29 pm

Dropped for being too expensive and not good enough.

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember

Re: Secret Avengers #17 (Steve Jobs Tricknology Spoilers)

Postby DeadFett » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:38 pm

I didn't enjoy this issue as much as I did #16. Wasn't a fan of the art.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand