Saturday, May 28, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "Where keepin' it real goes wrong."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Secret Avengers #20

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:00 am

I haven't really enjoyed most of Ellis' issues on this title, but this one was good. Maleev should never ever be asked to draw Beast again though.

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:24 am

I hate time travel. I know what happened, for the most part, but I still have a headache after reading this. Although I do love that interpretation of Beast.

DeadFett

Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:30 pm

Zero wrote:I haven't really enjoyed most of Ellis' issues on this title, but this one was good. Maleev should never ever be asked to draw Beast again though.

This along with Ellis' first issue on this title have been the best. Really enjoyed this issue.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:30 am

avengingtitan wrote:I hate time travel. I know what happened, for the most part, but I still have a headache after reading this. Although I do love that interpretation of Beast.

I usually don't hate time travel stories and I do overall understand what happened this issue. However I still found the amount of jumping around that Ellis had Natasha do to be a little difficult to follow and made this issue a lot harder to enjoy than it probably should have been. I still enjoyed it, but the story could have been a lot better.

48THRiLLS

Review Grouper

Postby 48THRiLLS » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:31 pm

I am so glad that the Remender run will be starting... These Ellis issues were underwhelming.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:32 am

This issue kind of hurt my head with all the time-skips, but I really enjoyed the ride. Ellis is very good at taking silly superhero clichés like using time-travel to save the day and exposing them to his almost-reality. So we see how long it would take for Black Widow to save the day, she was time-travelling for almost 3 weeks to prepare for one moment. Really interesting. Maleev’s art was great as usual, and I’m not really sure what the point was of the Modesty Blaise homage in the middle there, but it was fun. There’s only one more issue of Ellis’ run, let’s hope it’s as good as the others have been. I’d love to see Ellis come in and take this approach with some other books, it’s refreshing for all involved.

oogy

Zombie Guard

Postby oogy » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:41 am

Just read this last night and holy hell was it terrible. It was an interesting idea that was ruined by terrible art and too much time jumping. I understand what was going on, but it was a little difficult to follow.

This issue was just as bad as the previous issues, with the exception to #19 being the only good one out of this run. I can't wait for Ellis' run to end so we can see what Remender has in store for us.

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:11 am

I'm not waiting for Remender: after underwhelming runs from Spencer and Ellis this book is now very dropped.

Apache Chef

Expert Post Whore

Postby Apache Chef » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:12 am

I'm really looking forward to Remender to taking over. Gabriel Hardman is a great artist, too. The book is going to be great, assuming they let him do whatever he wants the way they seem to have let him with UXF.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:41 am

nietoperz wrote:I'm not waiting for Remender: after underwhelming runs from Spencer and Ellis this book is now very dropped.

you're going to regret that if you're a fan of the moore/davis captain Britain stuff. :cry:

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:30 pm

doombug wrote:you're going to regret that if you're a fan of the moore/davis captain Britain stuff. :cry:

Weird I'm a huge fan of this book but mentioning that makes me wonder if I should drop it. Craptain Britain no thanks.

DeadFett

Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:08 am

nietoperz wrote:I'm not waiting for Remender: after underwhelming runs from Spencer and Ellis this book is now very dropped.

You may want to reconsider. Remender has been so good on Uncanny X-Force that I can't imagine this book continuing to be as underwhelming as it has been.

leave a comment with facebook