Sunday, September 25, 2016 • Evening Edition • "At least we're not Newsarama!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Secret Avengers #19 (Tuxedo Moon Knight Spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:14 pm

Another incredibly stylish and fun issue of Secret Avengers. Ellis has turned this into Global Frequency with the Avengers, and it’s been excellent, I just love how he manages to come up with such weird threats for the team to face, a drug made of ground up Cthulhu bones which gives you super-strength? Come on! That’s awesome. Once again the real star of this book is the artist though, Michael Lark and Stefano Gaudiano are a great team and they kicked-ass on this story, I particularly liked Tuxedo Moon Knight, that’s an action figure even I’d buy.

oogy

Zombie Guard

Postby oogy » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:28 pm

I really liked this issue, unlike Ellis' other issues of this book. The ground up bones possessing the souls and releasing them when smoked was brilliant.

48THRiLLS

Review Grouper

Postby 48THRiLLS » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:06 pm

I am in the minority on these Ellis penned issues.
I though the whole, eh we'll just light him on fire ending was weak.
Looking forward to Remender.

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:46 pm

48THRiLLS wrote:I am in the minority on these Ellis penned issues.
I though the whole, eh we'll just light him on fire ending was weak.
Looking forward to Remender.

I haven't thought much of them either. I'm not sure Ellis is quite the force he once was, to be honest.

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:49 pm

Not sure if it's that or if sometimes he just obviously is not giving it 100%

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:50 pm

I liked this issue overall, the end fight was a little too short for me and seemed somewhat anti-climatic as a result. It wasn't enough to stop me from enjoying what I read though.

DeadFett

Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:40 am

This issue was better than the last two but I'm really looking forward to Remender taking over the writing.

mrorangesoda

FROGMAN

Postby mrorangesoda » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:47 pm

lol wrote:Not sure if it's that or if sometimes he just obviously is not giving it 100%

He's not shy about admitting that. He's at the point where he'll take a corporate gig, but his energies are focused on things he actually owns when finishing.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:01 pm

I really like Ellis's issues after being let down by the first....but to be honest, I have no idea where this title is headed. It's been treading water for way too long with the Spencer issues and now Ellis's little run.

If it wasn't for Remender coming on board I'd have dropped this book for not progressing.

Rikk Odinson

Society Member

Postby Rikk Odinson » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:43 am

This ish wasn't bad. It's nice to read about a competent and in control Moon Knight.
Looks like #21 will be last ish though.

leave a comment with facebook