Advertisement

Secret Invasion (Maybe Spoilers, Maybe Skrulls!)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zero
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Secret Invasion (Maybe Spoilers, Maybe Skrulls!)

Postby Zero » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:10 am

Cover to #2

Ok so are these the skrulls? No these are not the skrulls. I'd guess that at most, two of them are all Skrullicious, and more likely none. Beast is the one that concerns me the most, but I'm fairly happy to guess that what we have here are some Skrulls shifted into old-school shapes and saying "Hey Guys, we be the real deal, not them skrully guys!"

Advertisement

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 5 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:15 am

I'll go on record as saying NOT ONE of those characters is a skrull.

Kong created the Outhouse to train the Faithful. One cannot go against the Word of Kong.---
The Teachings of Pawl Monk'Dib

Monkey, I like your style!
--Lex Luthor

Zenguru wrote:I trust Lord Simian's word more than my friend.

john lewis hawk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: not here

Postby john lewis hawk » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:24 am

I think the most likely is Spidey. Out of those, his change was the most recent and have a feeling One More Day deals with skrulls.

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:28 am

Hasn't Marvel already said that Stark isn't a Skrull as that would be too easy an out?

Zero
Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:36 am

They have. With BND being the big thing it is then that fairly well confirms Spidey in my eyes too. Emma's been wonderful in the X books and I doubt they'd shaft them that bad, as it would send Cyclops right back to square one.

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:41 am

Stark is in the clear, yes. Spidey's too obvious. No, the ONLY ones in the image who are candidates, IMO, are Beast and Hawkeye. And I just don't feel them as skrulls.

Kong created the Outhouse to train the Faithful. One cannot go against the Word of Kong.---

--Lex Luthor

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:43 am

I'll laugh if the Skrulls turn out to be Brother Voodoo and Frog Man, or something similar...

john lewis hawk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: not here

Postby john lewis hawk » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:46 am

Zero wrote:They have. With BND being the big thing it is then that fairly well confirms Spidey in my eyes too. Emma's been wonderful in the X books and I doubt they'd shaft them that bad, as it would send Cyclops right back to square one.
Yeah, but how long is BND going to go for? I could potentially see it lasting up until the final issues of SI where it's revealed that Spider-Man is a skrull and the real Spidey is in La-La Land.

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:47 am

nietoperz wrote:I'll laugh if the Skrulls turn out to be Brother Voodoo and Frog Man, or something similar...

I'm thinking, it'll be something like that, with ONE big name, and that is Black Bolt.

--Lex Luthor

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember

Postby DeadFett » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:54 am

Lord Simian wrote:I'll go on record as saying NOT ONE of those characters is a skrull.

I'll go on record as agreeing with you.

Zero
Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:55 am

My guesses would be that the F4 will have SkrullJohnny. Look at how much he grew during Waid's run, and look at what a jackass he is in Millar's. Now I'll be happy to chalk this up to bad writting if I'm wrong, but it'd be a fairly easy out since Johnny is a fairly big name who's done nothing of interest since he was Galactus' herald.
On the Mighty side all eyes are on Wonder Man, because he's dating Carol (who we know isn't a skrull at the moment because of events in her own book) and sucks. After the recent NA I'd look closely at Black Widow too, but that'd make Bucky sad and so I'd rather that not happen.
New Avengers have Echo or maybe Iron Fist. He's off in some martial arts thingy and might not have made it back just yet, and she can't read lips when everyone's all masky. That I'd bet is down to some slight art errors though, but everyone else is fairly well covered.
I don't know enough about the current X folk, but let's say Angel because why not? He's out of the blue skin, and he was romancing Husk in Austen's run. Undoing a lot of Austen's bad writing might make some people very happy. On the other hand, undoing the Juggernaut thing would be more in tune with Marvel's 'everything as it once was' policy, and easy to do. It'd also suck.
Maria Hill too, or whoever put her in SHIELD.

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:57 am

I'll go further:

Anyone, ANYONE, who is a suspect based on bad character writing in the last five years? NOT a skrull.

--Lex Luthor

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember

Postby DeadFett » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:57 am

john lewis wrote:Yeah, but how long is BND going to go for? I could potentially see it lasting up until the final issues of SI where it's revealed that Spider-Man is a skrull and the real Spidey is in La-La Land.

BND isn't going away anytime soon. It's the new status quo. I'll be shocked if BHD is undone under Joe Q's watch.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:01 am

Best ending would be if all the Marvel characters realize who the Skrull Leader on Earth is, and bust into the Marvel offices and reveal Joe Q as the Skrull. They take him away and orbit him into deep space. Everything instantly reverts to normal again. :P

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:03 am

Lord Simian wrote:I'll go further:

Anyone, ANYONE, who is a suspect based on bad character writing in the last five years? NOT a skrull.

Isn't that the whole Marvel U? :-D

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand