Advertisement

Secret Invasion

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Thunderstorm
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: Whitest Poster 2010!!

Postby Thunderstorm » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:10 pm

Alex Delarge wrote:I made my roommate read the issue last night and he really enjoyed it. He told me it had the potential to be even better, bigger, and more grand than what Millar did with The Ultimates.

Your roommate is clearly insane. The only problem with Ultimates was all the needless guest stars. Cap, Jan, Hank, Tony, Bruce... pointless filler.

Advertisement

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:04 pm

I'm of mixed feeling about this, but first issue's are really just starting points, so I try not to judge to harshly.

With that being said, I enjoyed parts of it, and as Melon said, the rest felt like the beginning of everything else they've done so far. I do think it has potential, but so did House of M and Civil War.

I can only hope that Bendis actually read The Sinestro War this past year and thought, "OH! That's how you do it!" ;-)

However, if it is revealed that Wanda, Emma, and Hank have been Skrulls since the Kree/Skrull war... I could forgive just about anything.

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 49 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:00 pm

I thought it was banging. Comic of the week.

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

Severed Djed
Bastard #1

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Severed Djed » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:28 pm

The first issue was decent, but I'm already unhappy about the minor characters who appear to have been knocked off.

One of the big problems with Marvel events is that the first issues are generally good and the then the quality dissipates over later issues. World War Hulk's a good example. That's why I generally wait for the trade on these.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand