Advertisement

Secret Invasion Tie-in Watch!

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 412 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Wed May 14, 2008 4:52 pm

I liked that version of Rock the Casbah...

Escapism is more grounded in the fantastical than in realism, I think. In many ways Superman can be grounded in realism, but with the fantastical elements to it, I think it gets skipped over.

And yes, Superman fighting Zod for the eighty thousandth time is pure trash.
SHABBA!

Advertisement

john lewis hawk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 503 posts
Title: not here

Postby john lewis hawk » Wed May 14, 2008 5:16 pm

Keb wrote:I liked that version of Rock the Casbah...

Escapism is more grounded in the fantastical than in realism, I think. In many ways Superman can be grounded in realism, but with the fantastical elements to it, I think it gets skipped over.

And yes, Superman fighting Zod for the eighty thousandth time is pure trash.
Which is the same problem I have with Superman and other super-heroes. To me, making the stories barely grounded in reality is very simplistic.

Zenguru
Staff Writer

Liked in: 8 posts

Postby Zenguru » Wed May 14, 2008 10:19 pm

DC has always been more escapist than Marvel. It's what they do best. Y'ever notice when DC tries to be like Marvel, or vice versa, they fail miserably? They both have their strengths. They should stop trying to outdo the other and just do what they do best.

I like to escape, so I'm more of a DC fan right now. I like some Marvel, though. But I buy those when I'm in the mood to read a reality show.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand