Wednesday, October 17, 2018 • Evening Edition • "ISIS approved!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Series You Take Breaks From, But Eventually Come Back To

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:34 am

This past week I bought Moon Knight #188. It had bee awhile since I last picked up an issue of one of his series. Moon Knight is one of those characters that I go through periods in which I don't read anything starring him, then something happens and I get interested in him again. Other characters that fall under that category for me would be Iron Man, the Fantastic Four and captain America.

Are there any series that you guys go through on and off periods with. What are they if so? Thoughts?

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:00 am

Because of bad writers I've skipped large chuncks of Avengers, Daredevil & Fantastic Four coming back the month after they were gone. (Bendis & DeFalco)

Because of directions I didn't like, I've skipped Spider-Man (Clone Saga, Carnage, Gwen Slut Stacey, etc.), Batman (Knightfall), Green Lantern (Emerald Twilight through the majority of the Kyle years), but made it back inbetweens.

Because I was a fool, I skipped Cerebus after Jaka's Story (only to go back a few years later and spend another year trying to fill in back issues before I was caught up).

Mojo Ichiruto

Rain Partier

Postby Mojo Ichiruto » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:12 am

The X-Men definitely top this list. I always go back and forth reading various incarnations of the team. Might be because a certain artist or writer is on the book that I like or don't like. Might be because a certain story line interests me. For example I got the first couple issues of the current Mojo crossover because I thought it might be pretty cool, quickly lost interest and won't be picking up the rest.

Just to throw this out there since you mentioned it, I did enjoy the hell out of the new Moon Knight issue though, it was pretty damn good.

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:11 am

All of them, really. Comics are too expensive to waste money on shit runs, so I tend to drop books after a few poor issues.

Jack Burton

Fagorstorm

Postby Jack Burton » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:29 am

I'm pretty much the same as nieto. I have characters I truly love more than others(The FF, Thor, Cap, TMNT, Wally West, Dick Grayson etc etc)but if I don't like the comic I will often drop it. The FF being the lone exception to that rule because we all have our dumb completionist tendencies.

Then there are the books that I wait for trades on and always feel behind about or am foggy of what occurred in previous issues. Usagi Yojimbo is the big one as you get one trade every year around SDCC.

DJ Convoy

cheese

Postby DJ Convoy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:50 am

Daredevil and Avengers spring to mind. Mmmmmaybe Batman.

Supersoldier Washout

WTF is this rank?

Postby Supersoldier Washout » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:58 am

The Outhouse

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:27 pm

McMonkey Nut wrote:Just to throw this out there since you mentioned it, I did enjoy the hell out of the new Moon Knight issue though, it was pretty damn good.

Yeah, I liked it too. The new villain seems like he could be interesting.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:29 pm

Jack Burton wrote:I'm pretty much the same as nieto. I have characters I truly love more than others(The FF, Thor, Cap, TMNT, Wally West, Dick Grayson etc etc)but if I don't like the comic I will often drop it. The FF being the lone exception to that rule because we all have our dumb completionist tendencies.

Then there are the books that I wait for trades on and always feel behind about or am foggy of what occurred in previous issues. Usagi Yojimbo is the big one as you get one trade every year around SDCC.

That would be Avengers for me. The Heroes Reborn period was the only time I wasn't getting at least one major Avengers team book.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:29 pm

Supersoldier Washout wrote:The Outhouse

Fair enough. :lol:

Sully85

Mad Hatter

Postby Sully85 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:36 pm

Yeah, I'd say pretty much every series works that way for me. I'm not one of those people that buys every issue of a series. I'm not gonna buy every issue of Amazing Spider-Man. I usually don't buy a book unless it's either a writer I like or an arc that interests me. Usually, I'll buy a certain writer's entire run, but I might drop it after a new one comes on, depending on how they are. And sometimes, a given arc will interest me enough that I'll buy the book for that arc when I usually wouldn't have.

LiamA

cheese

Postby LiamA » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:14 pm

Spider-Man. Action Comics. Avengers.

leave a comment with facebook